The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > General Royal Discussion > Royal Chit Chat

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-12-2005, 08:58 PM
princess108105

my mom called me into the living room one day and showed me the Vanidades where they wrote a special article on Andrea's 18th birthday, and coincidentially there was one on the queen's Jubilee with William on it and I had to choose who was cuter so I told her "eww he (andrea) looks like a hair beast, William all the way!" and left. I was 12, and don't recall much of what happened, I just know the next day worldroots was my number one site and I fell completely head over heels for Andrea and could answer practically anything about him/the Grimaldis. then through that i became interested in the other royal families. my friends think it's a bit obsessive and we play this question game where they try to stump me but sadly i even know what kind of water he drinks :[
Old 12-12-2005, 09:14 PM
Nobility

Oh it is a total secret for me. This is kind of super-embarassing for me. If anyone found out that I had more than a passing interest, I'd probably die.

My family probably wouldn't care that much, but most of my colleagues and peers would think it was so bourgeosis and backwards. We actually had a discussion the other day about social constructs and somebody mentioned royalty and they all had a good laugh at that.

Old 12-12-2005, 09:28 PM

My grandmother and great-grandmother got me into it. They would always talk about the royal family in Italy (when they still had one). My grandmother still sings the song all the children sang when the princess was born. So I bought a book about the royal family so I could talk it over with them.
Old 12-12-2005, 09:36 PM
Aristocracy

My mom always loved following Princess Diana. She lived in London for almost 9 years before coming to the U.S. and was very fond of the Queen and the other royals. I still remember my mom keeping all of the t.v.'s in the house tuned to the telecast of Andrew and Fergie's wedding the day it happened and I recall wondering why she was doing it. I have a much better idea of why now . My mom has stopped following it and I actually keep her updated now on what's going on with whom.
Old 12-12-2005, 11:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Actually getting the interest in Royalty that i have found the interest by myself, most people in my family do know about Royalty because u know the fairy tale wedding of Princess Diana and Princes Charles was so famous and Diana was truly an angel.My Mum and My sister used to love Princess Diana really much, they watched the live Funeral of Princess Diana, and my sister used to stick lots of photos of Diana in her room after the Princess died. My Dad just not look happy when i always ask him for money to print pictures of Royalty and he always asks me "Again, old lady right?" that he means the Queen cause he knows i like The Queen really much, but its hes just kidding, its alright, so my luckily my family do support for my interest, sometimes i also talk to my sister about Royalty, whats news, what did each Royal wear now,...etc and my Mum when she phones for me, sometimes we also talk about Royals like when she just watched some documents about Royals and so on...
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 12-12-2005, 11:35 PM
Nobility

My mum and I are really into Princess Mary but my family doesn't know that I follow all the other European royals like the Norwegians, Swedish and Dutch. I'm not sure what they'd think. When I was younger we watched Princess Di's funeral and Sophie and Edwards wedding but I still wasn't that interested in royalty. And also I couldn't understand why people would buy magazines and memorabilia of them. (my parents have 2 commemorative plates of Charles and Di's wedding but thats as far as it goes.)

Now with me, I have all the special editions of newspapers and magazines with the Danish CP family, I spend lots of money on imported magazines for articles on Mette-Marit, Maxima, etc, and I'm on this site almost everyday!
Old 12-12-2005, 11:46 PM
Serene Highness

My mum was the one who gave me this interest to follow royal families news from all over the world , her favorite was Princess Diana , she even went to Paris when the princess died and gave her respect , she has so many magazines about her ...my brother began also to be interested by the Forum
when i discovered the Royal Forum i remember i gave my mum the website adress now she's addicted to it , my dad doesn't really care , he's more on politics , sports than royalty :)
Old 12-13-2005, 12:02 AM
Serene Highness

My mom knows, and I've got her slightly interested now too. (Well slightly compared to me, lol. We watch the TV shows on different royals together....it's great!) The rest of my family doesn't really know and truthfully I don't think they would understand. One of my friends knows I'm kind of interested in royalty, but nothing big. (She used to live in England, so we occassionally talk about which royals we think are cute...hehee.) I don't think any of my other friends would understand either, plus they would probably think I was really strange.
Old 12-13-2005, 12:24 AM
Nobility

I started my interest in all things royal a long time ago because my uncle always read Point de Vue magazine and used to tell me stories about everyone and I found it very interesting.My interest and knowledge has come in handy a couple of times because some times I have actually met some members of royalty only because I was able to recognize them.I almost crashed into Queen Sophia of Spain a few years ago when I was in a museum in Istambul.I was looking at an exhibit and not really looking where I was going and just before I walked into the woman next to me I realized it was her .Another time in Singapore I was going into our hotel (The Raffles) and Prince Joachim of Denmark was getting out of his limo and and coming into the hotel as well.I also got to meet Charles and Diana on a walk about in Kingston Canada.Finally I met Charles Spencer this year in Toronto as he was promoting his new line of furniture.I'm a designer ,that's how I got to meet him.
Old 12-13-2005, 10:27 AM
Royal Highness

My boyfriend does not care nor is interested, but is something asking me questions about this. My family.... Well
I'm a republican in a republic and not liking very much the monarchists of my country, so my family simply doesn't not understand and thinks it's rubbish.
But it's my dad's fault! He shouldn't have shown my the genealogical tree of king Louis VIII'descendancy made by her own mother.
Old 12-14-2005, 05:09 AM
Courtier

Everybody in my family know that my Grandma and some of her friends like to discuss about royalty (even first lady from some countries) and they have collection of Royals magazines. My grandma herself has a big 'point de vue' collection. Well... when others in family found out my new habit in following a royal forum they think I prepare myself to join the "retirement grandma" club:o.
Old 12-17-2005, 05:07 AM
Aristocracy

My family thinks I'm crazy to spend time following royals. Well, with the exception of the Monaco princely family. We're from Philadelphia so they can see the interest in Grace Kelly's family but, apart from that, they don't see the point in royalty.
Old 12-17-2005, 07:35 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by regardez
Oh it is a total secret for me. This is kind of super-embarassing for me. If anyone found out that I had more than a passing interest, I'd probably die.

My family probably wouldn't care that much, but most of my colleagues and peers would think it was so bourgeosis and backwards. We actually had a discussion the other day about social constructs and somebody mentioned royalty and they all had a good laugh at that.
I thought the same when my interest started, but now my family knows and they think it's ok. I always thought they would think that I'm completely crazy .
About my friends, I never told them, but everyone who comes into my room can see that I have a lot of books about Royals, and that there is a big picture of the daughters of Tsar Nicholas II. on my wall:o :o

"Looking back on her short life I often wonder why we did not see that she was quite too good for this world, her fit companions were the Angels." ~Margaretta Eager about Princess Elisabeth of Hesse (1895-1903)
Old 12-17-2005, 08:02 AM
Nobility

My family, friends, and boyfriend knew very well that I like royalty and they respect my interest..but unfortunately,most of them are not hooked with royalty..lol..They appreciate news and infos about royals but they are not a royal fan like me..

Old 12-17-2005, 09:31 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Location: Down the street. It's the third house on the right, United States
My family doesn't mind my interest in royalty. They sometimes look at me strangely when I start rambling off facts. They actually encouraged it because it got me into reading so every Christmas or birthday they would buy me a few books. On my 18th birthday my friend actually bought me a $30 book on royalty (it was the Kitty Kelley book, but it was still a book on royalty)...when your friends start buying you books you know they have accepted it (or at least tolerate it for my sake :)). My other friend when she went to England to visit her family, brought back a family tree for me (of the British Royal Family). My parents had it put into a frame for me (They had to get it specially made & it was expensive). I'm also the one they call when they have questions about royals since I have random facts stuck into my head.

Live, Highlander. Grow stronger. Fight another day. Highlander: The Series

Old 12-17-2005, 03:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

My family think that I spend to much time in front of my PC reading The Royal Forums sides intead of learning for my final exam!:)

Old 12-17-2005, 03:54 PM
Gentry

I am from Lithuania, so in my country is not royal family. but I and my sister very like royal family's and we often interest. But parent think that we a bit crazy. But they no mind:)))))
Old 12-17-2005, 05:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaChicaMadrilena
to much time in front of my PC reading The Royal Forums sides intead of learning for my final exam!:)
Don't we all?

Ugh, exams.
Old 12-17-2005, 06:12 PM
Courtier

I feel a lil bit lost, because nobody in my family share the love in royals that I have. I just can't explain why Im a royal watcher :(
They thing Im a lil bit fool, so I dont even talk about royals in front of then
ya , thats sad =/
Old 12-17-2005, 08:06 PM
Aristocracy

I have been a Royalist since I was a child when I saw the Coronation of Elizaabeth II on TV - showing my age here. My family are not really interested in the Royals but tease me at times because I am. One good thing about liking the Royals is that I have made some really nice friends on Forums. So thank you Royals everywhere!!!!

Scott