Royals in Green: October 2006 - December 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw a gorgeous dress of Princess Laurentien's, and I'll try and find a picture of it to post here. I normally hate whatever she wears, but this was really pretty- it made her look great.

Tartucat said:
1st photo: Crown Princess Victoria arrives to the wedding between Danish Crown Prince Frederik and Australian Miss Mary Donaldson on May 14, 2004.
2nd photo: CP Victoria is celebrating her 28th birthday on July 14, 2005

Photos from Polfoto and PPE Agency

I love these two of Princess Victoria's the best.Green is her color:flowers: I'm also in love with Laurenstein's emerald green evening gown and the the dress/suit Antia wore to their civil ceremony.The worst was Maxima's lime green:ohmy: she usually is at her best with her evening wear.

Last edited:
Sarah,Duchess of York's green outfits

Posts on this thread need to immediately change.

Until now, this thread has been a list of photos and links to photos that are posted in several other places on this board. Since the Royal Forums is not a photo hosting site but a discussion board, it is very important that this topic include discussion and not just photo links.

From now on, discussion about this topic will be required to keep this thread open.
Photos here are often posted several other places on this board- please consider linking to those places so all members can have some context about when that particular fashion was worn (where, when, why and who!). Understandably, photos are often needed to support discussion but we trust that all members here are very familiar with the more appropriate mix of photos, dicussion and news that is balanced almost everywhere else across the forum.

If this thread does not immediately change from a list of repeated photos to an active discussion, we will have to close it because it is of little value to the forum and is simply using up bandwidth.

So let's all start talking to each other!!
Why do you like royals in green?
Are there occasions when this wearing this colour was symbolic?
Maybe when it seemed completely out of place?
Who wears this colour the most strikingly?
Are there eras in time when this colour was more popular?
What style of clothing to you think looks best in this colour?
Are there colours that are OK for younger princesses, but not for more mature Queens?

Let the discussion begin!

CP Maxima is a bright green outfit, should royals dress in such a bright color? should it be abit more formal outfit syle wise and/or color?

I find this outfit to bright and not for a royal event.

dazzling said:
CP Maxima is a bright green outfit, should royals dress in such a bright color? should it be abit more formal outfit syle wise and/or color?

I think there are some bright colours that look really good (also on Royals).. But this Green on Máxima.. I don't really like this shade of green. :ermm:
Where did she wear it? On a statevisit? The dress (especially the sleves) looks like something .."traditional":rolleyes:

i really don't like that bright green outfit on maxima at all

Her_Majesty said:
I think there are some bright colours that look really good (also on Royals).. But this Green on Máxima.. I don't really like this shade of green. :ermm:
Where did she wear it? On a statevisit? The dress (especially the sleves) looks like something .."traditional":rolleyes:

Im not sure, i think it was to an event in the netherlands. If it was a state visit, do you think such a bright color is aproppriate??

dazzling said:
Im not sure, i think it was to an event in the netherlands. If it was a state visit, do you think such a bright color is aproppriate??

And is there a list of unaprottiate colors, which royal ladies shouldn't wear on occasions?
I don't think so. There's a list for men: suit can't be brown, green and another lighter shades.
But I really don't think there's need to argue about this. I think lime green makes Maxima's look fresher- bright colors suits her.

she looks stunning in green!

I think Infanta Cristina's green gown is fantastic!!

sara1981 said:
Sarah,Duchess of York's green outfits

I'll add some more pics of Sarah wearing green, because I love her in that colour. Years ago it was said, that black and green were the only colours people with red hair could wear, but that's not true in my eyes. Nevertheless green looks great on her.
Sarah in 1998 on a catwalk, that material looks very good with her shiny hair

Sarah in 1991 at the Royal Ascot Races, wearing a very dark green that makes her look very royal

Sarah in 2005 at a concert, that dress has been a bit too tight but once again the colour is great

dazzling said:

I agree...and for God's sake, those high-cut trousers! :ohmy:

It is a bit of a ropey colour. Then again, if they ever want to make a video of what it's like to come down from E then Maxima would be perfect against a psychedelic background and a Mamas and Papas track.

Indeed, those green-suede shoes were way too much.

From all the outfit, I would say the jacket is my favourite item...

Queen Sonja

with Nelson Mandela

ANB

A stunning, shining Green Hat :lol: worn during the StateVisit to Brasil 2004

Scanpix

Haakon's wedding 2001

Corbis

Picture number 2 is fab:cool:;) I also love the dress in picture number 1. One of my favourites :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom