Royal Ladies Wearing RED: August 2006 - October 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there pictures of Infanta Cristina wearing red? I remember one satin dress in particular, with a lime green cardigan.

I think red is a tricky color to wear because it's so strong and vivid. To me, Letizia and Mary are the "Red Queens". It's a very flattering color on both of them (and I say that as a white-skinned light-eyed person of Irish descent who can't wear red :sad: ). It's a treat to see all of these royal ladies wearing so many varieties of the color.:flowers:

janos614 said:
Are there pictures of Infanta Cristina wearing red? I remember one satin dress in particular, with a lime green cardigan.
you mean this one janos614? from getty images
http://img18.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=70583_50837930_123_371lo.jpg
http://img157.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=70588_52114282_123_537lo.jpg
http://img131.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=70593_56788323_123_320lo.jpg
anothere red dress that Infanta Cristina Wore
http://img7.imagevenue.com/view.php...3163_123_422lo.jpg&page=7&track_id=1156833992
from corbis

Victoria:

fw1yj8.jpg

(Getty)

This is my favorite color to wear. I'm glad to see that so many royal ladies are fond of it as well.

LadyK said:
...CPss Mette-Marit should avoid red completely....

Just curious...why do you think Mette-Marit should not wear red? :flowers: IMO she looks lovely in red. Red must be a color that compliments ANY skin color and undertone...???

Beautiful, wonderful thread ! Thank you for all the pictures ! Red happens to be my favourite color and all these royal ladies wear it beautifully. How about adding the picture of Princess Stephanie at the Red Cross Ball of August 06 if somebody has one ?

Mette-Marit is very fair-skinned and blonde-haired and probably only certain shades of red would look good on her. I think Letizia, Rania, Victoria, et al have the coloring that's more suited to red but that's my personal preference only.

Here's Letizia wearing a white dress with a beautifull RED print (it counts, right? :) )

Does anyone have a picture of CP Victoria in her red ensemble she wore in Monaco this past year? That's my fav in red. She looked splendid!;)

The infante Christina or Elena, I don't remember which, wore a beautiful Spanish style red evening gown recently. It was in Hola magazine I think.

iloveroyals said:
How about adding the picture of Princess Stephanie at the Red Cross Ball of August 06 if somebody has one ?

Here it is, iloveroyals :) Together with some more of Princess Stephanie wearing red:

261dnxs.jpg
261doae.jpg
261dovt.jpg
261dp1g.jpg
261dqfk.jpg

(Gettyimages, HOLA, FIS)

kerry said:
Does anyone have a picture of CP Victoria in her red ensemble she wore in Monaco this past year? That's my fav in red. She looked splendid!;)
I think you mean the first one of the following pictures, don't you?
Several pictures of CP Victoria in red:

261dquc.jpg
261dr88.jpg
261drg2.jpg
261drq0.jpg
261drux.jpg

(SEEGER, Bunte)

There was another one of Victoria, as she first arrived in Monaco, gorgeous in a red dress or suit.
There is also one of Princess Caroline in a red suit and matching hat (and shoes and gloves too if I remember correctly) in 1997 I think, for Prince Rainier 50th anniversary as reigning prince, something like that. Again, it looked fabulous on her. Iceflower, thanks for the pictures !

You are most welcome, iloveroyals :flowers: . Right now I do not know which other pic of Victoria you mean, but the pic of Caroline in 1997 you mentioned is included in the series of pics I've already prepared some days ago :) :

262460m.jpg
26246zq.jpg
26247bk.jpg
26249yc.jpg
2624a9u.jpg

(HOLA, Cover)

iceflower, you are an angel. :angel: That's it! She looks wonderful and I really like the pants outfit next to it, also.;)

Iceflower, thank you, and I'll try to find the one of Victoria I am referring to.

Does anyone know when the last picture of Victoria and her parents and the first picture of Caroline in iceflowers posts were taken? :flowers:

You are so welcome, kerry and iloveroyals :) :)
Ms Griffin, I would need to look it up again as I don't remember when the pic of Victoria was taken but the one of Caroline is from the Rose Ball in 1998 :flowers:
Some more of Princess Victoria:

263x4is.jpg
263x5cm.jpg
263x5lc.jpg
263x5xt.jpg
263x6bo.jpg
263x7y0.jpg
263x89s.jpg

(Polfoto, HOLA, FIS)

And some more of Princess Cristina wearing red:

263y1vs.jpg
263x93t.jpg
263y3cy.jpg
263y3o7.jpg
263y4b6.jpg
263y4jd.jpg
263y6w5.jpg
263y4x4.jpg
263y74h.jpg

(Olycom, Cover, Seeger)

Dankeschön iceflower :flowers: Victoria seems to favour red. She also wore red at the Nobel Awards. Out of her 8 times attending them she wore 3 or 4 times red I think (1995, 2000, 2001 and maybe once more). :lol:

@Austria state visit: One could already see she was ill as thin as she was. :sad:

Dankeschön, that's so sweet, Ms Griffin :) I wasn't sure whether to scan and post that pic you mentioned, but as she has talked so openly about her illness, I decided to do so...

Here are some more of Victoria in red:

27ybja9.jpg
27ybjo8.jpg
27yblt3.jpg
27yblw6.jpg
27ybm6a.jpg
27ybm9e.jpg

(HOLA, Polfoto)

I love this thread, and I was wondering if anybody would be interested in starting a thread of royal ladies wearing BLUE. Many wear a beautiful shade of blue , especially in gala dresses.

Wow I think Queen Beatrix looks really good in red. Definitely a way to stand out from the crowd!!
Although red is not for everybody, it seems to work well on the royal ladies

...sOfIa.... said:
Wow I think Queen Beatrix looks really good in red. Definitely a way to stand out from the crowd!!
Although red is not for everybody, it seems to work well on the royal ladies
I agree with you, sOfIa, I think it's easier to wear red when you are a royal lady having official engagements than to wear it in your private life with normal dresses ;)

Princess Mathilde wearing red, the first pic is from yesterday:

4crmp1g.jpg
2v92lxh.jpg
42ny4bt.jpg
2gx0h03.jpg
2nvb48m.jpg
4h2h4zm.jpg
2rn8ytx.jpg
2yjsuu8.jpg

(ppe, seeger, gettyimages, polfoto)

Last edited:
CP Mathilde wearing red Part 2: