Royal ladies in orange/yellow: November 2006 - October 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Iloveroyals, I had not thought of these very light shades of yellow, when thinking of Caroline in orange/yellow, but you are right. Plus I also agree she should wear more of these. Maybe after seeing pics of herself like this one in the mid 1980s --> Pic <-- she decided not to wear dark shades of yellow or orange again ;) :)

Yellow is such a difficult color to wear, but Caroline definitely pulls it off with ease. Mary would lovely in yellow, a strong canary or soft, including Letizia.

GlitteringTiaras said:
Yellow is such a difficult color to wear, but Caroline definitely pulls it off with ease.
I totally agree, she pulls it off very well, thats a great yellow outift

GlitteringTiaras said:
Mary would lovely in yellow, a strong canary or soft, including Letizia.

Mary would look good in yellow as the one Caroline is in also in a nice soft orange. Letizia would look good in any shade of yellow imo & Charllotte also would look good in strong yellow, not too sure about orange

Did you see the latest collection for http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/Jill Sander Spring 2007? Amazing colors, including yellow:) . The clean lines are to die for and the fabrics, fantasitc. If I could give anyone a style make-over, Madeleine is on the top of my list. I would love to see her in these designs, and bar her from ever going to the tanning salon for the rest of her life.:lol:

GlitteringTiaras said:
Did you see the latest collection for Jill Sander Spring 2007? Amazing colors, including yellow:) . The clean lines are to die for and the fabrics, fantasitc. If I could give anyone a style make-over, Madeleine is on the top of my list. I would love to see her in these designs, and bar her from ever going to the tanning salon for the rest of her life.:lol:

Yes true, the tanning bed, imo, it should be banned for life :ROFLMAO: This is a nice yellow dress from Valentino spring-summer 07 but in longer (floor length). Mandeleine could be seen in those designs but i get a feeling that she is a conservative dresser in a way. Though she certianly has the body to pull things off

Last edited:
dazzling said:
Yes true, the tanning bed, imo, it should be banned for life :ROFLMAO: This is a nice yellow dress from Valentino spring-summer 07 but in longer (floor length). Mandeleine could be seen in those designs but i get a feeling that she is a conservative dresser in a way. Though she certianly has the body to pull things off

Princess Alexandra of Luxembourg and Charlotte would look delightful in that gown. You're right, it would look a tad nicer if it were longer. The dress is fantastic, fun, and flirty.

Mmm I don't think yellow is a suitable colour for European princesses. Mary, Mette-Marit, Mathilde...they're very pale most of the time!

iceflower said:
Iloveroyals, I had not thought of these very light shades of yellow, when thinking of Caroline in orange/yellow, but you are right. Plus I also agree she should wear more of these. Maybe after seeing pics of herself like this one in the mid 1980s --> Pic <-- she decided not to wear dark shades of yellow or orange again ;) :)

I've read in style books that one should avoid orange at all costs because it's a very difficult color to pull off and give a cheap look. Obviously, Princess Caroline could never look cheap even if she tried, but it definitely is a problem color in clothing. Better go with different shades of yellow depending on the season or one's complexion.

That "cheap look" you mentioned is true, iloveroyals. Just try it out yourself or take a closer look at people in the streets
who wear it. It's a really difficult colour, so it's hard to find a dress or outfit that looks good in orange..

It's easier with yellow, I noticed that Princess Elena wears yellow quite often,
here are two nice examples:

Elena this month in yellow..
..and in 1997 attending an event in London

When it's not yellow yellow or orange orange as in PHOSPHORESCENT and SHINY(God know why she chooses to choose those colors sometimes), Maxima pulls those (classy) (tastefull) orange or yellow colors off very nicely.

I for one think that Crown Princess Mathilde wonderfully pulls orange outfits. Her orange gala dress with different sets of jewellery is simply stunning. Yellow colour becomes Princess Maxima reasonably well. I really liked her orange dress with a matching hairpiece, which she wore in India (see the Dutch state visit to India; 24-27 October, 2007).

Aimee looks great in vivid colors! She should wear yellow more often!

Mother and daughter in yellow:
Queen Elizabeth and princess Anne in yellow coats and hats in June 1998 at Derby Horse racing
Olycom

Mother and daughter in yellow:
Queen Elizabeth and princess Anne in yellow coats and hats in June 1998 at Derby Horse racing
Olycom

I like the Queen's coat and hat, but the color of Princess Anne's coat and hat is too bright. The color of the Queen's coat and hat is much softer and prettier.

I agree. Also much smarter looking and more youthful than Anne's total look. Needless to say, Anne's hair is ghastly.... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom