Queen Rania's Eveningwear Part 1: December 2003 - March 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Little_star said:
Queen Rania wore this gown during the Malaysian visit.
http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2006/Sep/10/15394I.jpg

She originally wore it at the wedding of Farah Daghestani, Princess Basma's dauhter.

Here's a picture of the Queen wearing the dress at Farah's wedding, on September 23, 2004 (Petra).
Its a lovely design, it looked perfect when Rania wore it the first time while pregnant with Hashem and it looks just as good 2 years later.

Supload.com // Free Image Hosting

Last edited by a moderator:
I've put together different pictures of the various gowns and dresses worn by Queen Rania so far this year.

April 24, 2006 - Spanish state visit to Jordan, reception at Basman Palace. My favourite dress this year, very regal, makes the Queen look curvaceous, love the train. (Abaca, ABC, and Rexfeatures)

May 31, 2006 - Jordan River Foundation launch in London, my second favourite. (Viennareport, Hola, and Petra)

June 11, 2006 - Global Women's Action Network Conference reception. (Childrens' Defense Fund, Gettyimages, and Abaca)

May 9, 2006 - Mosaic Foundation benefit gala, Washington. (Petra and WENN)

May 8, 2006 - TIME magazine 100 most influential people - reception, New York. (Super pics, Photoshot, Brunopress, and PPE)
http://s2.supload.com/free/06051157.jpg/view/

Last edited:
June 21, 2006 - Nobel Laureates Conference, gala, Petra. (Pictures from Laha magazine and Hola - originally posted and scanned by mtbcm)

May 3, 2006 - Official visit from Indonesia (Petra)

September 10, 2006 - State visit from Malaysia, reception at Basman Palace.
This dress was previously worn while Rania was pregnant with Prince Hashem, at the wedding of Princess Basma's daughter. (Polfoto)

Last edited:
Traditional thobes

February 13, 2006 - celebration to mark King Abdullah's birthday (Petra)

June 10, 2006 - Army day parade, meeting Sheikha Sabeeka (Petra and BNA)

May 25, 2006 - Jordanian Independence Day (Petra and Polfoto). The dress has Arabic (perhaps Quranic) inscriptions on it.

May 25, 2006 - Jordanian Independence Day - reception (Petra)

Humera said:
I've put together different pictures of the various gowns and dresses worn by Queen Rania so far this year.

April 24, 2006 - Spanish state visit to Jordan, reception at Basman Palace. My favourite dress this year, very regal, makes the Queen look curvaceous, love the train. (Abaca, ABC, and Rexfeatures)
http://s2.supload.com/free/April_24b.jpg/view/ http://s2.supload.com/free/April_24a.jpg/view/ http://s2.supload.com/free/April_24c.jpg/view/ http://s2.supload.com/free/April_24d.jpg/view/

May 31, 2006 - Jordan River Foundation launch in London, my second favourite. (Viennareport, Hola, and Petra)
http://s2.supload.com/free/May31b.jpg/view/ http://s2.supload.com/free/May31d.jpg/view/

Oh, this second dress is something stuning... i don't have see him yet... i don't now how he pass me. But thanks for the photos and i hope she wear some stuning sun!

Rania looks really good in all the Rochas gowns!

I just love her wearing traditional Jordanian dress.. The one she wore to the Independence Day has got to be my favorite so far.. Does anyone (preferrably who lives in Middle East) know where I can purchase these types of dress and how much they cost? Tanx..

Rania has obtained for Rochas evening gowns, I will say they are beautiful, but she has worn a few of his dresses and looked good. I think she has worn his dresses abit too much and since his cuts, style are similar I find it boring. Unlike the elie saab dresses which each gown has a unusual cut, embroidery to it.

I dont know what she was think when wearing the silver gown in spain at the CP's gala-dinner party,I just thought it was a hideous gown and very revealing. Im glad she went for something more conservative for the wedding day, though the sleeves of the top though were inappropriate. Few other gowns I do not like, but i guess i dont have to mention them. People do learn from their mistakes. Maybe she was just experimenting new looks

I agree this silver gown was the worst I have ever seen her wearing.

I don't think the dress was that bad, but perhaps it would have looked better with some kind of shawl over the shoulders, instead of the jewellery she was using that day. In any case the outfit the following day was much nicer, but many people consider it was also not a very good choice. I liked it though, I think it was chic, stylish but not too formal. :flowers:

olga7777 said:
I don't think the dress was that bad, but perhaps it would have looked better with some kind of shawl over the shoulders, instead of the jewellery she was using that day. In any case the outfit the following day was much nicer, but many people consider it was also not a very good choice. I liked it though, I think it was chic, stylish but not too formal. :flowers:

I would think some thought it wasnt a good choice because of the sleeves of the shirt.what she has obtained for the second day was much better than the first day, but people couldnt forget what she wore, well i guess id stop talking about it since i could carry on about it. The second day i also thought she could of obtained something nicer, also thought she looked out of place from the other royals.

Humera said:
you know I've mentioned this before in this thread. Queen Rania looks best in Elie Saab's formal wear. His gowns are feminine, glamorous, and have details that one doesnt see on most other designers' creations.

I couldnt agree anymore with you Humera. He sure knows how to dress her, his gowns are meant for her in away and in other words fit for a princess. His embroidery makes him unique also choice of fabrics. when it comes to gowns for rania by him, he sure does know how to change the original's in a way that is still a special piece.

Humera said:
September 3, 2005 - Queen Rania in Milan.
I have searched through all the Fall 2005 collections and cant find the designer.
If anyone else can figure it out, please let us know.

btw..QR has worn 4 or 5 different pieces of clothing of a similar shade of green this year.
Pictures from DPA
http://img356.imageshack.us/my.php?image=4a2bd.jpg

Its either from a past collection or could possibly not be from a runway collection. it is beautiful. the combination of green and brown is great.

A gorgeous thobe Queen Rania wore on October 8, 2006 during a visit to a village in Al Manshieh. Red is such a power statement, even more so on Rania, its a striking colour on her, pity she rarely wears it.

Pictures from Petra

Humera said:
A gorgeous thobe Queen Rania wore on October 8, 2006 during a visit to a village in Al Manshieh. Red is such a power statement, even more so on Rania, its a striking colour on her, pity she rarely wears it.

Pictures from Petra

Yes that was a beautiful dress, the work was great on it. but i think id have to disagree with you Humera. Red is not a powerful statment on Rania. Ive seen a picture when she visited Russia a few years ago, she obtained a red suit, it was a very unfalttering choice. since that time, she has not obtained for the color. This is a nice red. its kind of orange-red, suits most people, but would not look flattering in a whole outfit.
She once obtained for a Maroonish color arabic style dress which was stunning. Maybe that is the shade she should go for. A true red is more for someone like Letizia or Mathilde.

Well I've seen Rania wearing a red blouse in Paris, red jacket in Jordan, and a red coat in Austria, all several years ago, and personally found the colour lit up her face.
Are you referring to the Russian visit in August 2001? As far as I know Rania wore no red suit during that trip.
I agree about maroon, there's that gorgeous elie saab dress she wore to the Jerash festival that was absolutely gorgeous. And deeper shades of pink look good on her too.

Humera said:
I agree about maroon, there's that gorgeous elie saab dress she wore to the Jerash festival that was absolutely gorgeous. And deeper shades of pink look good on her too.

Yes correct Humera, it was the dress she wore attending the Jerash festivel. It was an arabic style in a modern look. That was beautiful.
Pink is a great color on her too. I adored the dress she wore in spain. The bead work was beautiful

Humera said:
Are you referring to the Russian visit in August 2001? As far as I know Rania wore no red suit during that trip.

Actually im not sure now you say. I think it was her Russian trip. She had worn it with a lepord print fur scarf.It was her earlier days of becoming a queen. Ill have to look for the image.

I must say in the subject of reds that I don't think Rania actually goes for true reds,but to more like either softer tones or darker reds, in my opinion. I don't think she intends to draw more attention to herself than the one she actually gets with the dress she is wearing. A true red is very intense and perhaps upsetting for some people, but that is just my opinion. I prefer the kind of reds she uses they are less intense, and from my point of view more adecuate in the those events.

The kind of reds you can see in this Elie Saab dress posted by Cute girl, or perhaps this Prada dress posted by Humera in this thread, and Gaultier dress posted by Humera again in this thread, they are not true red and they will not be so overpowering. I think she tries not to overdo it when wearing gala outfits, as that kind of outfit will already draw attention itself without considering issues as the colour.

In anycase the question of reds is a matter of preference, whether you like them or not, and that might the reason she chooses then that way of the late. We all develop as we grow different tastes and attitudes.

:flowers:

Thaly boustros

i like what rania is wearing. elie saeb is amazing designer. thaly boustros appeared with her father in a reception she was wearing his designs too she was very pretty.. it was white chiffon dress open on the leg with pearls all over and on the back. she looked good and the dress was so fresh. elie saeb is known for looking at the personality of the woman before creating her dress. thaly was loooking like an angel... its already her temper and her caracter.hally barry was looking in her famous dress just as a peice of chocolate sexy and provocative.
i think thats what makes elie saeb different

I love the way that she get dress. So elegant and sophisticated

seems like rania is not switching to rochas rather than elie saab for her gala gowns. i must say she looks wonderful in them... much better than the models itself and rachel weiss! :)

Humera said:
Well I've seen Rania wearing a red blouse in Paris, red jacket in Jordan, and a red coat in Austria, all several years ago, and personally found the colour lit up her face.

Checked the pictures, you are correct it was the coat in Austria (thought it was Russia), thought it was a suit. I didnt like the shade. Burgendy suits her better

Great thread and thank you Humera for all the pictures. Queen Rania is beautiful and elegant. The clothes are beautiful and she has put them together so beautifully.

I also think that Red is not Rania's colour,i've seen her on that red coat and some red leather jackets,but it's not the best colour which suits her,I personally find she looks extremly good on Greens and Browns and maybe blues,Red is the colour of Mary and Letizia,I also think that pinks and purples would not be good on her,this is a colour for somebody more fair like Lalla Salma.

hey
i posted a comment about thaly boustros in elie saeb dress ... did u read it ? i have pictures but dont know how to post them here

Last edited:
Queen Rania looks wonderful in almost everything she wears:flowers:

Did Queen Rania ever recycle her evening gowns? I dont thinks he has, its a pitty, some are just beautiful.

I think Rania borrows most of her evening gowns (and this is just my opinion) because of the fact she never repeats them. Some of them have been stunning and yet she's never re-worn them which makes me think that maybe she has links with specific designers eg. Elie Saab.
For example you'll sometimes see her repeating some of her traditional thobes, like the one she wore at Farah Daghestani's wedding, which suggests that maybe those are made specially for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom