Queen Máxima's Eveningwear Part 5: June 2017 - October 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is from 2001, so 17 years old. Kudos for stil fitting in. (Fitting better even).

I think grey and pink work together nicely however i don't like this outfit
her hair and jewelery are loevely though

I think grey and pink work together nicely however i don't like this outfit
her hair and jewelery are loevely though

I so agree with you Mademiselle Lilo, grey and pink does work , but not for this outfit .

What an awful gown, two very disparate pieces put together that don’t belong together

It is interesting that the ladies wore no Orders, but the gentlemen did. This happens at certain royal events in the Netherlands, for an example in 1962, with tout Gotha attending, no any lady with an Order: picture.

Last edited:
It is interesting that the ladies wore no Orders, but the gentlemen did. This happens at certain royal events in the Netherlands, for an example in 1962, with tout Gotha attending, no any lady with an Order: picture.
Do you know the reason who the ladies doesn't wear orders at some events where the men do?

Do you know the reason who the ladies doesn't wear orders at some events where the men do?

No I have no idea. It must have been on the invitation:
"gentlemen white tie and Orders,
ladies evening robe, no Orders".

Last edited:

Queen Máxima in a wonderful dress by Jan Taminiau on a new portrait taken in March and released today on the occasion of the King's five-year-long reign:

** Full view ** Upper part **

Look at the jewels... the BIG clunky bracelets, the massive brooch, the large diadem, the earrings. Wow, the girl is not afraid to pack out.

Stunning new portrait the floral design on the gown is exquisite and the jewels hair are all perfect.

The commemorative photo portrait is so flawless, it's almost unreal. The jewels, the hairstyle, the dress color and cut-she looks amazing! Truly Queenlike!

Im sorry but i really dont like this dress with the Tiara! The gown and Tiara dont match ( i already thought it when she wore it in Norway last yeasr) For me its one of my least favourite dresses of Maxima. I do love the pictures but not the dress :(

The dress is inspired by the wall hangings in the Chinese Salon at Huis ten Bosch. Hours and hours of needlework. The diadem was worn during the Investiture, 5 years ago. And the royal family will finally move into Huis ten Bosch this year. Very good choice to mark this lustrum. .

The pattern was inspired by the 17th C silk wallhangings in the Japanese Salon at Huis ten Bosch. That palace is under restoration for 5 years now. Hopefully end this year the King will move into it.

http://www.hethuisvanoranje.nl/18 Vorstelijke Verblijven/Huis ten Bosch/Japanse Zaal-01.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, she looks beautiful. I love the dress and the jewelry. Maxima is tall and has the sort of natural presence the tiara and jewels call for - they’d overwhelm a lot of other women.

The full length picture is one of the best royal portraits I’ve seen in a long time.

Absolutely wonderful gown. Simply stunning and regal.

I just have to say that this is one of my all time favorite gowns, the jewels are nice and they work for her yet the gown blows me away. The detail, the workmanship, the hundreds of hours doing needlework, the details of the actual design in the gown are exquisite beyond belief. This gown should be treasure for all times as it is a pure work of art.

Stunning new portrait the floral design on the gown is exquisite and the jewels hair are all perfect.
Indeed they are. The gown is truly royal as we don't see many 'bespoke' gowns with this amount of embroidery and beading these days. It truly is a work of art and provides the perfect setting for the Sapphire Parure. Just wonderful.

The portrait is stunning. Beautiful gown and jewels. :flowers:

The tiara she wore to her husband's inauguration and the symbolism of the dress, all lovely touch as well.

I quite like her look from the 24th as well.

This gown is spectacular. Is it a repeat as a poster said? The design of it, the slight bateau neckline and tiny cap sleeves are so flattering, but also,the almost spare from decoration bodice is perfect to be plain to show case and not compete with the tiara and earrings. All of the major jewelry looks perfectly at ease with the dress
The hairdo is perfectly conceived for the tiara

Maxima's gown is absolutely gorgeous in her portrait. She looks like a fairytale queen - cheesy, but true. ?

Queen Máxima in a wonderful dress by Jan Taminiau on a new portrait taken in March and released today on the occasion of the King's five-year-long reign:

** Full view ** Upper part **

She looks AMAZING. She knows how to wear the dresses and jewels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom