Princess Letizia's Eveningwear Part 2: July 2008 - February 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I'm not mistaken she wore it for the first time in March on 'El barco de vapor' (The Steam Boat) Children's Literature Awards ceremony at Real Casa de Correos. But than she wore if with silver coat with flowers.

This poor woman maybe does not care if she repeat the same dress 1 2 or 3 times and while you are outraged by her clothing she is worried by other important things.

Anyway the silver dress is beautiful and fine, it suit Letizia wey well.

I think the problem may be the frequency with which things are reworn, not the actual number of times.
Letizia has many clothes from early in her marriage which it would now be the perfect time to reintroduce to her current wardrobe. :flowers:

Attending the official dinner in Mexico 1st October
http://www.abc.es/multimedia/fotos/21388.asp
http://www.abc.es/multimedia/fotos/21388.asp
wearing a repeat black beaded cocktail dress (i know this is a repeat but i have been wanting her to re-use this dress again as it is lovely)
On this occassion she teamed it with a pink pashmina and black peep-toes shoes (quelle surprise!) - last time she wore it she had bright pink shoes with it
A reminder of the first outing back on 5 June 2008
http://www.hola.com/galeria-de-imag...al=2&nfotos=4&subseccion=noticias-casasreales

Repeat from the "La Farga Lacambra" gala in June 2008. Lovely dress and thank god she left those pink high heels at home. I wished she had covered her arms with something - when looking at the Mexican First Lady I can only say that she has been dressed prefectly on each occasion so far and her costume is spot-on for this dinner. Letizia looks a bit too cocktail-stylish for such a formal dinner with her bare arms.

I think the problem may be the frequency with which things are reworn, not the actual number of times.
Letizia has many clothes from early in her marriage which it would now be the perfect time to reintroduce to her current wardrobe. :flowers:
Remember - probably only the participants on these royal boards have a complete picture inventory of all outfits the royals wear. I doubt the hosts of this trip has checked this site to see if she is re-cycling anything. I would rather see her recycling clothes than a new wardrobe for every event.

Repeat from the "La Farga Lacambra" gala in June 2008. Lovely dress and thank god she left those pink high heels at home. I wished she had covered her arms with something - when looking at the Mexican First Lady I can only say that she has been dressed prefectly on each occasion so far and her costume is spot-on for this dinner. Letizia looks a bit too cocktail-stylish for such a formal dinner with her bare arms.
Letizia's bare arms are very much acceptable. Looking at the very stylish Mexican First Lady my guess is that she may not have the arms that can be shown bare - happens to most of us eventually. Letizia was elegant and very appropriately dressed for the event.

Last edited by a moderator:
A bit of humor -- quite a few of the workers here are Mexicans. While they were eating their lunch, I noticed one reading Mexican newspaper and Felipe and Letizia's picture was featured. Asked him what they said about the pair --The Mexicans loved the fact that such a wonderful couple was in their country -- both spoke at functions -- quite a loving couple -- Mexican First Lady stated that Letizia easy to talk with on all subjects, like talking to a sister -- looked like Letizia was gaining weight!

Apparently this weight thing has been stated before on this trip -- I just don't see it, but I am only looking at pictures! I think she looks the same -- of which I am quite envious.

I do agree that bare arms are quite in vogue but only by women very toned, without any "giggle", or the young. It is as bad as over weight women with celulite wearing shorts.

Remember - probably only the participants on these royal boards have a complete picture inventory of all outfits the royals wear. I doubt the hosts of this trip has checked this site to see if she is re-cycling anything. I would rather see her recycling clothes than a new wardrobe for every event.

Ok, after this I am going to try to let the issue lie. I agree that we are more likely than any other to remember what Letizia wore x number of days ago, its just that it still irritates me!

I was not suggesting that a new outfit for every occassion is appropriate, just that her recycling skills could be improved by mixing and matching more (creativity!) - both with this seasons clothes and older ones. A lot of Letizia's clothes are quite classic, and have many more miles in them!

My comments were not directly related to Mexico, just so happens that she is in Mexico while we're discussing it. From my point of view at any rate, this has been irritating me for months!

Like you said, in order to mix and match well, one needs creativity but what if the princess (and this applies to all current CPs) is not fashion savvy enough to do so on her own or simply doesn't see the need to mix and match her wardrobe as long as she's dressed appropriately and professionally for all occasions. If it's the former, the obvious solution is to hire a stylist, like Mary does, but we have heard time and time again from other members how tight the budget is for the Spanish Royal Family so what do you propose she should do.....?

Well, it doesnt take fashion-genious just to say "ok these pants go with this top" I'm not asking for cutting edge, more variety was my point.

It's easier said than done otherwise all the stylists would be out of a job?! Besides, how many times have we heard comments in all the fashion threads that so and so "looks just absolutely horrendous" just because the mix and match didn't work?

Normally those combinations were more daring. I'm not trying to get daring, see my post in the daytime fashion thread about her recent purple ensemble and you'll hopefully get my point.

------

BTW, I'm done with this conversation now. Its getting boring (which is not why I'm here), and if you really want to continue it, PM me so it doesnt clog the thread too much, ok? (Thanks)

I like the silver dress. :wub: I think she look good in silver.

And I hate those shoes she is wearing to it!
It is on its way out of fashion for now with those big and vulgar looking plumpy shoes, thank goodness!!

Did she mix and match her purple outfit, I thought it's a new....?

I think we'll just have to agree to disagree on this, thanks Marmi.

The silver dress is great, but what I like even more is her makeup looks fantastic! She truly looks like she took time to get dressed up. She looks stunning.

So do I sgl. She seems to like it with pink - last time the shoes, this time the wrap. And I think its a gorgeous pink!

I couldn't agree more! I think that black and the shade of pink that she wears look gorgeous together.

SPAIN MALAYSIA ROYAL VISIT 7/10/2008

Letizia wearing a black dress from Catalan designer Lydia Delgado, a repeat from Fidem awards event in March 2008 in Barcelona.

Fantastic appearance, one of her best recently! Thank god she left the peep toe platforms in the wardrobe this time.

ANP Beeldbank

Letizia wearing a black dress from Catalan designer Lydia Delgado, a repeat from Fidem awards event in March 2008 in Barcelona.

Fantastic appearance, one of her best recently! Thank god she left the peep toe platforms in the wardrobe this time.

ANP Beeldbank

i don't think that's flattering or looks good on her. those transparencies and embroideries are something i would expect an older lady to wear, not letizia. she looked so lovely in the silver dress!

A good designer and good stylist working hand-in-hand could really help Letizia.
The stylist could lay out her wardrobe - photograph the different pieces and assemble a working manual on what goes with what --- even down to which accessories go with each outfit - shoes, bags, belts, jewelry - the works. Every time an outfit is worn, it should be logged in as to the date and place of when it was worn. This is not rocket science and should be easy to do.
These overseas trips are scheduled waaaaay in advance, so the planning is never last minute.
Letizia must travel with a hairdresser/make-up perosn who could help out in the clothing department.

A good designer and good stylist working hand-in-hand could really help Letizia.
The stylist could lay out her wardrobe - photograph the different pieces and assemble a working manual on what goes with what --- even down to which accessories go with each outfit - shoes, bags, belts, jewelry - the works. Every time an outfit is worn, it should be logged in as to the date and place of when it was worn. This is not rocket science and should be easy to do.
These overseas trips are scheduled waaaaay in advance, so the planning is never last minute.
Letizia must travel with a hairdresser/make-up perosn who could help out in the clothing department.

Good idea.

Good idea, she certainly should ask Zarzuela for more money ;).
Back to the Mexican trip, she should have hired a hairdresser locally to do her hair every morning, that doesn't cost that much.

I'm sure if Letizia asked for more money for her clothes there would be uproar on this board!

I dont have a problem with Letizia's sleeves and her age - none of the others are showing skin so I feel that they are in fact perfectly fine.
I think that the princess has dressed totally in black and done so very effectively.

ANP Beeldbank

Wow! This dress is absolutely beautiful on Letizia. Her entire look (hair, makeup) is flawless.

i don't think that's flattering or looks good on her. those transparencies and embroideries are something i would expect an older lady to wear, not letizia. she looked so lovely in the silver dress!

I acutally liked it but I have a soft spot for see-through sleeves. The dress is really pretty and I thought the combination with stockings and non-peeptoes was very appropriate for the occasion (no high profile royalty compared to other royalty but from a muslim country). Letizia has other black dresses that are really ugly, for example the one she wore at JC's 70th birthday:
http://www.seegerpress-online.de/topixx/data/pre-SEEGER_00195228.jpg

I was disappointed with the Mexican visit, repeating all the old outfits. The would be an occasion to sparkle! The silver dress is nice but I find it far too girlish, makes her look as if she came straight out of a dollhouse.

by DonnaK Back to the Mexican trip, she should have hired a hairdresser locally to do her hair every morning, that doesn't cost that much.

I couldn't agree more. When it counts Letizia doesn't put much effort into her appearance and I am not sure whether it's only a question of money.

I was disappointed with the Mexican visit, repeating all the old outfits. The would be an occasion to sparkle! The silver dress is nice but I find it far too girlish, makes her look as if she came straight out of a dollhouse.

did she repeat that much? i really didn't notice. i quite liked one of her colourful skirts and the silver dress. while it looked neat and appropriate i didn't think it looked too unnatural. the arrival outfit was really flawless!

did she repeat that much? i really didn't notice.

Every single outfit was recycled apart from the outfit on the last day. I don't like the frequency (especially that fake Chanel style outfit was one time too many) and the fact that the special occasion of an official visit is not being reflected in Letizia's choice of clothes. When representing the own country abroad I don't get why it must be the same outfit from Leonor's first day at school or outfits that have been worn countless times on semi-important occasions in Spain. Letizia's choice of clothes and hairstyles in 2004 & 2005 were superb but what's left now is something between ordinary and sloppy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom