Princess Letizia's Eveningwear Part 2: July 2008 - February 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Zimbio
Getty
Nice lacy dress, jewels and hairdo!
Wrong choice of shoes and bag, IMO!
Is it Prada? Prada has used very similar lace in its fall collection
You are right! I think it is a Prada, if it is not, it is obviously by a stylist who was "inspired" by Prada's last collection!
http://www.prada.com/
Anyways, to tell the truth, Letizia has already worn similar lacy dresses in the past years.

You are right! I think it is a Prada, if it is not, it is obviously by a stylist who was "inspired" by Prada's last collection!
Prada

I doubt it is Prada as it doesn't fit the way I'd expect a Prada dress to fit, it rather looks like Varela being "inspired" again by the designs of his peers :ohmy:

I also doubt it is form Prada, because it is too conservative not Prada at all! I think that necklace is too mucht because the dress itself has very "heavy" pattern :cool:

Letizia looked like a knockout at the PoA Awards, the entire outfit was perfect. I loved the way she made the dress look more contemporary with such fashionable shoes, which are stunning btw, and accessories.

Last edited:
Letizia looked like a konckut at the PoA Awards, theentire outfit was eprfect. I loved the way she made the dress look more contemporary with such fashionable shoes, which are stunning btw, and accessories.

Konckut as in Knockout??;)

Prada
Anyways, to tell the truth, Letizia has already worn similar lacy dresses in the past years.

True. So to be fair to Varela, he can have his own collection of lacy dresses too. The style of the dress is very Varela, quite similar to last year's white dress.

I think the coat is different from last year it you look at the pictures this version is much longer than the dress underneath whilst last year the coat was shorter and a different shade from the dress

National Day 07
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected
http://www.gettyimages.com/Search/D...4780,77304750,77304744,77304742|0&id=77307087

Cant say I liked it much last year, and this doesnt improve it much. Its just not to my taste. Sorry.

I really like this dress and coat. The color is very pretty. I think that it would look much better without the black stockings, though.

The part that is shown on the picture is just awesome, great choice, I love the grey dress with the necklace. Good idea to cut the legs out ... as much as the dress is among the best ever, the shoes are probably the worst ever :eek:
I agree..beautiful dress and necklace, awful shoes!

You are right. She must have exchanged the shorter version for the longer version ;), which looks better.

... it does look better than the original outfit (that she wore twice already, on National Day 07 and during Favourite Daughter honour in Ovideo in 07), thankfully she did not repeat the ugly grey stockings but kept the shoes that don't suit the outfit at all (same goes for the purse).

BelgaPicture - Category details

Her hand looks really scary in the third picture - reminds me of what we usually see from Madonna :ohmy:

Lovely dress, the colour is gorgeous. I like the matching coat although I think the shoes are awful for this outfit.

Queen Sofia's 70th birthday concert 2nd Nov
Picture details a repeat of the outfit first seen at the opening of Expo 2008 - hate the platform shoes
The outfit is ok and nice, but compared to Infanta Christina and Queen Sofía she looked rather casual.
I hate the platforms, too. The hairdo wasn't nice either. :ermm:
Letizia definitely had much better looks lately.

I'm not a fan of this outfit. The skirt looks like it has a lot of brown tones in it, and it looks like she wore a black top. It doesn't look like it matches. She should stay away from the heavy-looking platforms.

Letizia's looks is boring, as always and those platform shoes are just awful! :ermm:
On the other hand Cristina looks absolutely gorgeous!!!

I have always liked this skirt very much, and I also like the whole outfit.
Getty

Skirt is always been one of my fav's. I like how she mathed it up with the coat.

The concert itself was not a grand event. A little bit casual attires of Letizia or Elena were appropriate for the event. I love Queen's white outfit and matching shoes, it suits her perfectly. Letizia's skirt is good, but she should get herself another color shirt (there are so many colors in her skirt), black shirt is very boring after seen a few times already. I like the color of Cristina's dress, wonder who the designer is. The style is not the best for her body shape, but not bad either. The fabrics looks very interesting, looks like shiny plastic.

http://img359.imageshack.us/my.php?image=83535143mn4qa6.jpg (click to enlarge the picture)
http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/3549/49859385il5.jpg

Letizia looks quite boring in the picture and I wish she got herself some shoes in a different style!!

Another outfit thrown together that doesn't live up to the occasion - Letizia is shockingly underdressed compared to Sofia and Cristina (same goes for Elena by the way). Messy hair, ugly go-go platforms, she looks like she had 5 minutes to get dressed, grabbed something from the "evening" trunk and did a 5 second do-it-yourself hair pin-up. Sloppy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom