The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2015, 04:35 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

The Norwegian children look nice and comfortably dressed. The photo of Ingrid Alexandra and her cousin Maud Angelica taking a photo of MM is really sweet - loving their trendy looking polaroids!

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 08-10-2015, 05:56 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
The Norwegian children look nice and comfortably dressed. The photo of Ingrid Alexandra and her cousin Maud Angelica taking a photo of MM is really sweet - loving their trendy looking polaroids!
What post are you referring to, because I don't see any pictures/links to the outfits of the Norwegian children...

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 08-10-2015, 07:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
What post are you referring to, because I don't see any pictures/links to the outfits of the Norwegian children...

My post actually, it's the last post on page 6.
Old 08-11-2015, 10:48 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathia_sophia View Post
My post actually, it's the last post on page 6.
Thank you! It didn't show up before for some reason. In any case, the kids look comfortable, and appropriate.

Old 08-11-2015, 01:40 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANNIE_S View Post
Princess Leonor and Infanta Sofia today in Palma de Mallorca with matching white shorts, 'abarcas' and similar tops in different colors:
http://s18.postimg.org/dhhnwlqix/image.jpg

And they were also spotted wearing super cool mirror shades like the ones mum and dad often wear:
http://s29.postimg.org/5dtpgsdfb/image.jpg
The sunglasses are from carrerinos (carrera for children)
https://scontent-fra3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...e9&oe=563C4C3B
Old 08-14-2015, 12:25 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

August 14: Prince Henrik and Princess Athena of Denmark wearing comfortable looking outfits during a photocall for Prince Henrik's first day of school:

Full view ~ Close up ~ Henrik close up

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 08-14-2015, 01:00 PM
Majesty

The children look really cute. I love Athena's top, and Henrik is looking handsome in his red shirt.

Old 08-15-2015, 12:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Henrik looks so handsome!
Old 08-27-2015, 05:19 PM
Majesty

At four years old Princess Josephine has now reached the age where her "fashion choices" are being dissected, no kidding!

I'll spare you the details though and focus only on what Josephine is actually wearing.

https://app.box.com/s/hvdtbemnmlmx2uazo4sg4gmvh96qhdfd
https://app.box.com/s/3s5yl5ws15qmfpl3b1h0wi2hqamjk6yx
Here she is wearing a dress by Poppy Rose.

https://app.box.com/s/7u516srxtqyaf04rkrnrhr8np7g71smo
Big picture: Dress and shoes from Bisgaard.
Small picture: Dress from Dominique Ver Eecke.

https://app.box.com/s/ashwvumiist9why9gxh3d3l0xyk5vpz2
In the picture where Josephine is sitting on her mother's arm the author believes she has picked her clothes herself.
Picture top right: Dress from Little Remix and shoes from Bisgaard.
Bottom left: Vest from Moncler and sneakers from Skechers.
Bottom right: Jacket from Ver de Terre.

https://app.box.com/s/e92hx4xws0sg4in78h7m70nicu616aee

https://app.box.com/s/lrpn56lw2kacguyxjpo9an68ml8c7mt5
Far right: The poncho Isabella and Josephine is wearing is by Norlie.
Old 08-27-2015, 06:35 PM
Majesty

thanks Muhler
such a cutie pie no matter what she is wearing.
Always nice when she wears Isabella's old clothes
Old 08-30-2015, 03:32 PM
Courtier

I am sorry but it is my personal opinion but that is not a nice dress. Lovely to see that child out and about alot more, perhaps it is a sign of her growing self confidence.
Old 08-30-2015, 09:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeybees View Post
I am sorry but it is my personal opinion but that is not a nice dress. Lovely to see that child out and about alot more, perhaps it is a sign of her growing self confidence.
I don't care for the dress either- too busy!

Also, the pictures seem aimed at making Sophie look ridiculous.
Old 09-01-2015, 07:12 AM
Serene Highness

Why is Louise always dressed so badly?, Sophie herself always looks lovely. And before anyone starts saying her clothes are age appropriate I'm not suggesting she be in a short skirt and heels but red trousers teamed with a too small looking navy polka dot blouse and brown leather (what look like boys) shoes don't need to be the order of the day.
Old 09-01-2015, 08:03 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by angela View Post
Why is Louise always dressed so badly?, Sophie herself always looks lovely. And before anyone starts saying her clothes are age appropriate I'm not suggesting she be in a short skirt and heels but red trousers teamed with a too small looking navy polka dot blouse and brown leather (what look like boys) shoes don't need to be the order of the day.
Maybe it's what Sophie likes. Maybe it's what her family thinks is proper for her station and age. Maybe they are trying to avoid have her picked apart in the press, blogs and forums should she enter the fashion fray. It's not been so long that her parents were relentlessly second guessed about her eye condition. All by people who did not have all the info about her situation. And not much longer than that that people questioned Edward's sexuality and the reason Sophie might marry him. No wonder the Wessexes don't try to glom the spotlight by tarting up Louise in trendy clothing. Imagine the headline - "Louise gets horsey smell all over $1200 designer tee with Union Jack. The not yet teen is said to have a passion for Birkin bags and Hermes scarves."
So she's plainly dressed. At least that's the worst you can say about her - and that's been said over and over about her Aunt Anne and Grandmother as they dress off duty. And she is a child and she is off duty. Plain is safe.
Old 09-01-2015, 08:11 AM
Serene Highness

Louise is old enough to have a say in what she wears now.I hope she is perfectly content in her clothing choices but at a certain age esp now days the majority of young girls want to start looking trendy and 'grown' and bags, shoes, cute tops etc are part of that. This completely developmentally normal and should not be discouraged unless it becomes a fixation. I hope they don't try to force her to stay a little girl is what I am trying to say.
Old 09-01-2015, 08:27 AM
Heir Apparent

Yes - and this may happen. But my point is that Louise may indeed want to look like a horsey young lady. I've seen nothing in her demeanor that says she is desperately seeking the fashion spotlight. Given that they let James wear more "normal" boy tees, I just see Louise as someone who is also wearing what she likes. Even if it offends some idea of what a "Lady" should be wearing.
Old 09-01-2015, 08:49 AM
Serene Highness

I agree. She is probably perfectly fine with her clothing.... Right now. But if she just HAD to have that cute ridiculously expensive pair of boots or handbag, please please please!! As young girls are prone to do do you think she would have it? honestly? If her mothers first though is to deney her because of what the media might say or think than that is a case of skewed priority.
Old 09-01-2015, 09:10 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaryllus View Post
I agree. She is probably petefectly fine with her clothing.... Right now. But if she just HAD to have that cute ridiculously expensive pair of boot or handbag, please please please!! As young girls are prone to do do you think she would have it? honestly? If her mothers first though is to deney her because of what the media might say or think than that is a case of skewed priority.
I think it all depends on the personality, and preferences of the child. Right now, Louise seems content to look comfy, and modest. She goes to a school where uniforms are the order of the day, so perhaps fashion is just not emphasized. I think that maybe, when she's a little older, she'll be able to get the more trendy stuff, if that's her preference. I honestly think that it's better to be dressed modestly, and elegantly, and children don't always choose that, so it's up to the parents to instill that kind of thinking. Sophie, and Edward are doing a great job by allowing their daughter to stick to the conservative wardrobe. I would do the same if I had a daughter.

Old 09-01-2015, 09:21 AM
Heir Apparent

For every girl who wants that cute ridiculously expensive pair of boots or handbag, there are just as many girls who like wearing trainers and dressing in jeans and a tshirt.

There is zero evidence Louise is being denied anything.
Old 09-01-2015, 09:27 AM
Serene Highness

But I don't call wearing a coat that should have been put away two years ago or way too short dresses either elegant or modest or comfortable. Properly fitting clothing is always in fashion :)

As we know next to nothing about what goes on behind closed doors and certainly not private parent child relations and frankly little concrete about the Childs habits, likes, peeves etc (barring horses) I don't believe any if us can definitely say she is being denied, listened to, let be or not .

Closed Thread