Crown Princess Victoria's Eveningwear 2: December 2008 - April 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
All the outfits are beautiful. They photograph well together.

Victoria looks great here. Her gown is beautiful - kind of retro or let's say romantic, but with a modern touch! I like it a lot!

One of her worst evening dresses ever - I had hoped that she would never repeat it.
Ghastly print, glossy shower curtain fabric, fussily overdecorated, embroidered and sequinned - designer Lars Wallin at his worst. In many ways the opposite of elegant.
With so many far superior brand new gowns in her closet, I don't know why she had to pick this one.

I don't think it's horrible. I like her hair down like this.

Looks like she pulled this get up off a curtain rod. Yuck.:eek:

It's OK, not too offensive to me. Not sure about shiny fabric.

I think Victoria looks beautiful. I like the dress style, but not the fabric/pattern. Her hair looks lovely, and the tiara is gorgeous! Great pictures.

not a fan of the gown but loved her make up and hairdo

I don't like the dress. Victoria has many dresses that look better then this one.
I don't like the fabric at all (it indeed reminds me of the fabric of a shower curtain). Not sure if I (dis)like the print.
I like the wide skirt though. Her hair was fine, although I always prefer updos with tiaras.

http://svenskdam.se/wp-content/gallery/kungamiddag-victoria-och-kungaparet/victoria1.jpg
http://svenskdam.se/wp-content/gallery/kungamiddag-victoria-och-kungaparet/victoria2.jpg
I do have to agree with you. It does remind me of a shower curtain. The color, print and texture of the dress is all quite wrong for Victoria. And for me her hair just looks half done.

:lol: The other day it was the horse blanket, now a shower curtain. Well, couldn't get more entertaining... I suppose.

Not her best gown, IMO. The shape is really lovely, but there is something about the fabric that I don´t like at all, and the print is very ugly...
Beautiful hairdo.

I do have to agree with you. It does remind me of a shower curtain. The color, print and texture of the dress is all quite wrong for Victoria. And for me her hair just looks half done.
I agree,I dislike the print:eek:

The dress is recycled from the Luxembourg State Visit´s banquet in Stockholm, April 15, 2008:
Getty Images

The print is horrible and the shiny fabric isn't my cup of tea either... :nonono:

From the front, I liked the dress style, as I had mentioned previously. (although I am not a big fan of the print or color) but after seeing the dress from the back side, I am really disappointed. It looks like the skirt starts extending too high, instead of at her waist. Maybe it is just the angle of the photo, but I think unfortunately, the dress is quite unattractive when viewed from the rear.

What a let down to see Victoria in a gown of such poor craftsmanship, not to mention fabric…especially when she has been so radiant since the engagement and especially after those stunning photos of her and Daniel. Still, I really can't wait to see the wedding dress!

That white one in the 2nd pic is gorgeous!

Prices are in Swedish krona, so it's about 9000 euros for a Madeleine's dress.

Haute couture can cost that much, but princesses rarely wear haute couture so no their dresses don't cost that. And if they do, the designers are ripping them off :lol:

The chanel couture that P. Caroline and daughter wear is very expensive but is probably a present from Karl Lagerfeld so in general the prices are much lower.

I could see some of the formal gowns being really expensive, but certainly not the day dresses they wear including the one pictured in the article.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom