Crown Princess Mette-Marit's Eveningwear Part 4: December 2011 - April 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
very different dress, so this slone get 100 points from me
Bye Bine

I love the colour and the design of the upper part of the dress. I´m not loving the skirt, though.
Her hair is a mess. A bad ejecuted 20´s hairstyle, it doesn´t look right with a tiara.

Great dress, great strong color IMO. The hair was nice at first then looking again it was a bit messy but somehow it worked with the dress. I wish she wears more shades like this.

I don't like the style at all; just the color is attractive. The top is too busy in its design and I don't care for the T-shirt-like sleeves. I can't figure out if she got a haircut or it's the style; either way, I think it's unflattering for a tiara event. Speaking of which, I feel the amethyst tiara would have looked better with the color gown, but the hairstyle wouldn't have done it justice.

Nice dress minus the short sleeves.Great color on Mette-Marit
Lovely make-up
I dislike her hairdo and her hair color is ugly.
Unfortunatly,her hair color isn't good those last months

She looked amazing! Very retro, very sexy, very modern, very nice!

Love the color and the chiffon bits on the skirt. don't like the t shirt top. Chevrons emphasize hippiness.cute hair

A blog-entry by Livia Firth about Mette-Marit's dress she wore at the gala in Luxembourg. She says designer Peter Dundas followed GCC (Green Carpet Challenge) criteria focusing on eco fabric and embroidery by using organic silk georgette, crepone and organic silk organza and it was intricately decorated with 100 per cent recycled glass beads.
HRH Crown Princess Mette Marit joins the Green Carpet Challenge (Vogue.com UK)

Last edited:
Adore the dress worn in luxembourg - fanatastic colour on MM. Though the hairstyle is poor with the tiara and that lets the styling down

Why is she wearing a blanket?

I now understand that she's wearing because it was a gift from her host but it still looks like a blanket to me because of the size. She has done v well cos she has obviously put this outfit together to try and match the gift. I guess that is reason enough.

So far she has been wonderfully dressed (I mean to MY taste lol)

cepe said:
I now understand that she's wearing because it was a gift from her host but it still looks like a blanket to me because of the size. She has done v well cos she has obviously put this outfit together to try and match the gift. I guess that is reason enough.

That appears to be how shawls are worn in Indonesia. In fact, it's a great way to show off the beautiful workmanship and design of the piece.

I know the shawl is a gift, but I don't like it. It looks like a blanket to me also.

My favourite outfit in the trip is the lilac coat !!!!

Very nice silk coat and hairdo. Love the orchids in the hair and the aquamarine brooch.

I like the flower in her hair, but I'm not liking the outfit at all. The color is really boring and she looks like she's wearing a shiny lab coat.

That's exactly what I thought as well about the coat, that it looked like a lab coat. I don't like the short sleeves at all, but her hair looks beautiful arranged with the orchids.

Last edited:
Love the hair but not the coat. Really dislike the fabric.

Love the hair as well ... like the idea of the coat but she just doesn't pull it off it's too white and too unflattering I love the flowers in her hair as well.

Love the hair but not the coat. Really dislike the fabric.

I quite agree, the hair is lovely with the orchid but the coat's fabric isn't flattering nor is the style. The dress underneath, I wish we could get a better picture.

The shiny coat ruins everything, and I wish that she wouldn't bleach her hair so white.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom