The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2010, 11:14 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofajr View Post
yesterday evening - a girl's best friend - LBD :

Møtte barnehjemsbarn | www.siste.no
The cut of the dress will definitely cause new pregnancy rumors. Not a very good choice, imo.

Old 11-04-2010, 11:20 AM
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty View Post
The cut of the dress will definitely cause new pregnancy rumors. Not a very good choice, imo.
I agree with you, she has some belly.

Old 11-04-2010, 11:28 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Princess Mette-Marit's changing style and fashions

Old 11-04-2010, 08:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

I'm really enjoying MM fashions these days. I've always favored Mary's classic fashion sense but now that MM has stepped it up she's definitely in the running for first place. MM's fashion seem to be classic fused with trends.
Old 11-04-2010, 08:51 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Pam View Post
I'm really enjoying MM fashions these days. I've always favored Mary's classic fashion sense but now that MM has stepped it up she's definitely in the running for first place. MM's fashion seem to be classic fused with trends.
I totally agree, 4Pam. I think MM's style is beautiful. She is very classic but at the same time is open for experiments. I remember that she was one of the first royals to wear the Philip Treacy feathers. I found it odd at first but the more she wore them the more I liked them. Her style has developed very much in recent time. She looked adorable during the Swedish wedding festivities. If only she would stop wearing too much black...Her colours are red, pink, blue, white.
Old 11-04-2010, 09:09 PM
Courtier

So cruel, I think MM looks great in her LBD, I love a dress with sleeves, not enough dresses with sleeves these days ...As for the belly comments, cut her some slack, she has had THREE children and she is so slim, look at her flat butt...maybe her belly is where her (minimal) fat storage is held...not on her arms or thighs, just a tiny pot belly...I think it shows she's a real woman, a mother and healthy and gorgeous....I recall Princess Diana being the same, tall, lanky, no butt but a rounded belly and she only had two pregnancies!!! Lay off MM...she's doing a great job!
Old 11-05-2010, 06:34 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
She is high and slouches a lot.
Thus any dress would make her look pregnant.
Old 11-05-2010, 08:36 AM
Moderator Emeritus

This is definitely,too. Well, the front view of the dress is actually really nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaNotherThing
So cruel, I think MM looks great in her LBD, I love a dress with sleeves, not enough dresses with sleeves these days ...As for the belly comments, cut her some slack, she has had THREE children and she is so slim, look at her flat butt...maybe her belly is where her (minimal) fat storage is held...not on her arms or thighs, just a tiny pot belly...I think it shows she's a real woman, a mother and healthy and gorgeous....I recall Princess Diana being the same, tall, lanky, no butt but a rounded belly and she only had two pregnancies!!! Lay off MM...she's doing a great job!
Anna, I don't mind Mette-Marit's belly. I would be the last one complaining about a woman having a belly. In fact she looks really great for having 3 children.
It was just an ironic comment, because recently (when MM wore tight dresses like that) it caused pregnancy rumors immediately and MM really wasn't amused about that.
Well, why I though the dress wasn't a good choice is, because the audiences at Skaugum always offer side view pictures of the CP couple. And if MM really doesn't like the pregnancy rumors, the dress simply wasn't a wise choice for this certain event. That's all I wanted to say.

Old 11-05-2010, 03:16 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaNotherThing View Post
What's cruel about it? The girls only stated the dress may cause a pregnancy rumors. Nobody said she looks bad.

If that was cruel, how about your above statement "look at her flat butt"... that's not nice, telling someone has a flat butt .

Also, a question: why the fact she has a little belly makes her "a real woman, a mother and healthy and gorgeous"? Does that mean a woman with a flat belly wouldn't be "a real woman, a mother and healthy and gorgeous"? Just courious...

And as for your last statement, who said she's not doing a great job? The only thing is, we are here, in this thread, not to talk about her job but about the clothes, and how she looks in them.
Old 11-07-2010, 05:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think all women struggle with a pudge belly for various reasons. Her skink is always so glowing. I wonder what kind of skin care she uses?
Old 11-09-2010, 01:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

Mette Marit should never wear black unless she has to.
The color doesn't suit her. Black looks more lovely on Mary.

I agree shanaz, as a woman gets older her abs are harder to maintain. Especially after children.
Old 11-09-2010, 06:34 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
Mette Marit should never wear black unless she has to.
I wish someone would tell her that.
Imo she looks so much better in lighter colours.

Old 11-09-2010, 06:38 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I wish someone would tell her that.
Imo she looks so much better in lighter colours.
Let's send her a letter . We can all sign .
But I agree, she looks very cute in light colours and very severe in black. She looks way younger in light colours.
Old 11-10-2010, 11:10 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofajr View Post
She is high and slouches a lot.
Thus any dress would make her look pregnant.
She should wear spanx. It would pull her tummy right in.
Old 11-11-2010, 02:23 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by blujean View Post
She should wear spanx. It would pull her tummy right in.
You made my day, Blujean!
What a great idea! Do women still wear it?
Old 11-12-2010, 01:14 AM
Courtier

Sure they do. Spanx are gr8 for making you look slim . . . without having to lose weight.
You can even order them online. Just type in spanx.
Old 11-12-2010, 04:48 AM
Serene Highness

They are also available in Germany now http://www.conleys.de/shop/search?query=SPANX
Old 11-12-2010, 07:16 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Doesn't MM also have neck and back problems? Which would make rigorous exercise difficult, hence the belly.
Princess Rym has a similar problem which fueled rumours of a pregnancy several months ago.
Old 11-12-2010, 07:22 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humera View Post
Doesn't MM also have neck and back problems? Which would make rigorous exercise difficult, hence the belly.
Princess Rym has a similar problem which fueled rumours of a pregnancy several months ago.

I guess it depends on a kind of back problem. I have back problems but I still can do sit-ups, squats and many other exercises. I also do martial arts.
Old 11-12-2010, 07:31 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Yes of course but neck problems would make it more difficult. Most ab exercises put strain on the neck.

Closed Thread