The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 04:15 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Crown Princess Mette-Marit at the opening ceremony of the One Young World
summit in Zurich, Switzerland, 01 September 2011, wearing a nice black dress.

** Full view 1 ** Full view 2 **
Valentino dress

That is one pretty black dress, I really like the detailing of the lace and the semi high collar. She really pulls this piece off well with that hair do and make up all kept very simple.

Old 09-01-2011, 04:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

MM has just looked (and is) gorgeous all week! Of course having a dashing prince on your arm isn't bad either!!!!!!

Old 09-01-2011, 10:22 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
August 31, 2011 - MM attending the gala in a new off white dress.

Dress is by Valentino Resort 2011

MM in the dress
I love this dress ruffles and all. It's so romantic looking!
Old 09-02-2011, 03:08 AM
Royal Highness

She should wear not only Valentino, other designer has also very beautiful dresses. Or maybe she has by Valentino some discount? :)
But I must say, this black dress is stunning!!
Old 09-02-2011, 04:56 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Both MM & Haakon look really fab!
Old 09-02-2011, 07:50 AM
Heir Apparent

I really like the black Valentino dress on MM, she looks so classy!
Old 09-02-2011, 12:10 PM
Serene Highness

they make a great looking couple !!! love the dress on her ! infacted both dresses really suit her ! the evening dress and the black one !!
Old 09-02-2011, 02:04 PM
Majesty

She looks lovely in that black dress.Love the lace.
Old 09-02-2011, 02:56 PM
Serene Highness

Stylish and young!
She has nice legs to pay attention to!
Old 09-02-2011, 03:23 PM
Majesty

valentino is a favorite but i think she has worn more vaalentino long dresses then these?
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/5062/33679800.jpg
Old 09-02-2011, 05:08 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Valentino dress

That is one pretty black dress, I really like the detailing of the lace and the semi high collar. She really pulls this piece off well with that hair do and make up all kept very simple.
The black Valentino dress is gorgeous! I love the top portion.
Old 09-02-2011, 07:36 PM
Heir Apparent

The Valentino cocktail dress is incredible. The lace work is superb and black suits the Crown Princess really well. There's something about seeing the Scandinavian consorts in black lace that evokes in my mind a sense of Nordic contemporary goth, and It's beautifully expressed. Delicate, feminine, sensual and sexy.

I think her posture could do with a little work. She tends to hunch a little from what I've noticed. Either that or it's the natural curvature of her shoulders and upper back. She doesn't look so top heavy that it should be a contributing factor and it doesn't truly lend well to a dress like this.

That said, and looking past that, she does look beautiful.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 09-02-2011, 10:40 PM
Heir Apparent

She does have poor posture and needs to work on it, don't we all?
The black dress suits her beautifully
Old 09-03-2011, 02:34 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Valentino dress

Dazzling, JSYK, this link gave my computer 6 viruses 2nite! No worries, virus protection deleted them, so I am good, but I wanted you to be aware...

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Crown Princess Mette-Marit at the opening ceremony of the One Young World
summit in Zurich, Switzerland, 01 September 2011, wearing a nice black dress.

** Full view 2 **
Love this dress, and love this pic! Glamour-girl princess on dashing prince's arm,... nothing tops that!
Old 09-03-2011, 05:39 AM
Nobility

Loving this black dress - really elegant - they are such a beautiful couple together
Old 09-03-2011, 09:57 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
Dazzling, JSYK, this link gave my computer 6 viruses 2nite! No worries, virus protection deleted them, so I am good, but I wanted you to be aware...
This link didn't give me any problems...

Old 09-04-2011, 08:16 AM
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week team Member

MM looks nice with Valentino black dress.
Old 09-04-2011, 08:40 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by salma View Post
MM looks nice with Valentino black dress.
I know many people like change but what I really admire about Mette Marit is that she knows what she likes, what she feels comfortable in, what in fact, makes her feel like a Princess. And she sticks with it.

No embarrassing faux pas with weird fashion, just beautiful feminine and delicate dresses. Her LBD is absolutely divine and I love that lately she has taken to wearing her hair in an almost severe style to enhance the femininity of the gown.

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...13151362138227

Are these all Valentino? I love the soft grey one shouldered dress. Was this when she was pregnant or just the current style.
Old 09-04-2011, 09:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Yeah I wouldn't necessarily agree with that myself.

She may know what she likes, but in my personal and professional opinion, her choices don't suit her as much as one would expect of a woman who supposedly owns her taste.

I find the majority of her evening gowns to look unflatteringly clumsy on her. Not all, but most. Her body shape isn't what I'd call particularly feminine, per say, and she often adopts a style which draws attention to her poor posture and square shoulders. It doesn't help that she favours evening gowns which flow consistently from bust to floor and which are at times ageing by detail.

To me she gives the impression of a walking 'block'.

She makes herself look bigger than what she actually is aswell by choice, and I for one can make no sense of it.

I agree though that her hair has been sensational lately. Over the past year or so she has really embraced change and she looks wonderful for it.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 09-04-2011, 01:35 PM
Royal Highness

The black Valentino is pretty and very flattering to MM, love the look and her shoes! (and her hunky hubby )

Closed Thread