Crown Princess Mette-Marit's Eveningwear Part 1: March 2005 - March 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like it but think there is something missing - the cut is very, very conservative, almost a bit boring. But still a good appearance.

is this a new dress?
Yes, it is.

marmi said:
The style is very similar to her bright pink one
It's by the same designer. MM actually wears many dresses of that designer.
The green dress for the Henne Cover, the light pink one for Harald's birthday
and the beige one for Willem Alexander's birthday were also made by her.

Yes Duke of Marmalade good way to put it the gown is boring her makeup is pale and uninteresting. The gown looks too small I just can't decide. She also needs style guidance or a change of imo.... she lacks any of the appearance of a CP.

I quite like MM in blue, the dress is ok. I agree that she needs a bit more make-up.

It seems to me that Mette Marit is making an effort not to make an effort. get it?;) She seems to have gained some weight as of late ( I am not criticizing) I know from my own experiences when I let myself go a bit, and the extra ponds piled on, I hated myself, and made no effort to lok anything special untill I got back into shape.

I like the color of the dress, but the bow looks silly, and the neckline and sleeves are wrong. I feel like the dress would look better without the sleeves and bow, and definitely with a slightly lower neckline.

By Her_Majesty:
better picture of the dress
Bildeserier

When looking at this link, I see CP Mette-Marit in a navy outfit with a white/offwhite hat with some navy stripes on it. I really like that outfit! The CP has always looked great in navy!!!! :wub:

Tha gala dress on the other hand........not the best I've seen her in. :ermm:
Color is ok, but that is all. I think the cut of the dress suit women much older than CP Mette-Marit, it is possible to find a moore youthful looking dress for a 35 year old Crownprincess.

Better luck with buying a new gala dress next time CP Mette-Marit.

It's by the same designer. MM actually wears many dresses of that designer.
The green dress for the Henne Cover, the light pink one for Harald's birthday
and the beige one for Willem Alexander's birthday were also made by her.

Ah thanks for that HM, makes sense now.

The evening dress is quite pretty, she can pull off such big print because of her height. Like the color as well. I would love too see this dress off the shoulders and/or with a more open neckline to give it a younger look. is this a new dress?

Thats sort of what I was getting at with Brenda Strong's dress.
Would take 20 years off her age with just slight adjustments to her dresses.

The fabric is very nice, and the length is good, but to be honest I think that I would prefer it either without the sleeves or with a different neckline. Just me, but I think it would differentiate it from the pink dress and also give this one more of its own point of interest.

-------------
EDIT:A dress like the one below has more shape to it, but is a similar cut. This is the sort of thing that I would like to see MM try, even without all of the detailing the lines are more flattering for a womans body.
Photo from Getty Images - Daylife
I agree with you totally. The print is lovely but the cut of the dress is not my favorite on her. The color is great, but she needed to do something different with her hair and makeup.

Great color but the cut does nothing for her, and what is that bow doing there... She is such a lovely princess but she needs a little help and advice on how to look better

MM really needs to glam up in the eveningwear department, this blue dress is something for a 70+ woman, not for her (but the colour is great on her).

This was one of my favorite looks on Mette-Marit. I thought that she looked so pretty in this color and style.

Yes, sometimes she wear not the best dresses made by nice materials. Who is her designer or who doing her dresses?

Mette-Marit's all gown and costomes elegance, pure and beautiful all colours and models.
my favourite dress no.1
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l11/trf_pom/Norway_2007_February/Scale2.jpg

I need a white gala gown photo. (sofajr avatar picture dress)

What a fantastic photo of the princesses and their husbands! Mary looks very gothic in the deep red, Maxi is glowing and healthy and M-M has that fragile, wholesome look that suits her so well, the soft pink is wonderful with her complexion and colouring.

I like the color and the sleeves. What did the skirt look like? Was it full-length? On a side note, her hair color looks really pretty in this photo-very soft.

The upper part of this dress reminds me of her wedding gown.

really like her in pinks, the dress really suits her

I think that this was one of her better gowns from her 'early' years. I love the flower decoration & the colour is great too...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom