Crown Princess Mette-Marit's Daytime Fashion Part 2: March 2009 - November 28, 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
All these huge boots are hideous,can't she wear something else instead of these nightmares?

The boots arent too bad, I think they are ideal for the event, I can imagine other boots than those.
The thing that ruins it is the color, if it was in black or grey then they would look good.

I like the boots - but still not sure if they look good with the outfit :ermm:

Otherwise I do not like the Prada coat (Is it really Prada?) - it is shapeless and with her shape only adds more extra kilos :ohmy:

I like the boots - but still not sure if they look good with the outfit :ermm:

Otherwise I do not like the Prada coat (Is it really Prada?) - it is shapeless and with her shape only adds more extra kilos :ohmy:

Yes it is a prada coat and it is ill fitting IMO, too tight and the ruffles do nothing for her. The coats style is shapless.

Yes it is a prada coat and it is ill fitting IMO, too tight and the ruffles do nothing for her. The coats style is shapless.
Boots are OK...
I did not like the coat either, the shape on her is not good at all:cool:

:previous:
The links do not work for me Her_Majesty, it says the page cannot be displayed. :)

The outfit is high quality, the colour is nice and natural.
It fits Mette-Marit very well.

:previous: :eek: I don´t like it. The dress and jacket don´t work together.

Yesterday during the visit to Holmlia and the project "Be proud":
Too dark and has nothing to do with her figure:

http://i27.tinypic.com/zlxd79.jpg
http://i31.tinypic.com/30joete.jpg
http://i27.tinypic.com/nyb9jr.jpg

As far as I understand, the colour of the dress is black and the coat is dark blue.
Well, the combination of these two colours isn't good, it would be better if the coat was light, in this case, it would be more classic that it was.
I agree with sofajr, it's too dark.:ermm:

The boots doesn't look good to the navy blue outfit. But you know what, the problem is not the boots. The problem is that they were walking in such terrain that a dress like she wore was totally wrong. She should have worn a totally different outfit this day that was more suitable for the boots. This photo wasn't just taken outside a limo and beside the red carpet. They were out in the nature!

But I don't blame you. Most of the people critisizing CP Mette-Marit or others in the royal family has very little understanding for the climate and nature we have here. CP MM often get harsh critics for wearing dark stockings. It is not fashion enough, especially for US citizens. Well there are reasons for a lot of the CP's choice in clothes, and a lot of it has to do with the climate, and the fact that they are outside a lot when representing.

Still I don't like all what the CP puit together in outfits, but I very often sit here and think that a lot of posters on this board have no idea about the kind of nature we have here. And we dress according to it. Which means that you in example do not show up in high heels when representing at the place CP MM did, the environment required boots actually.

Just my opinion. :)

Well, actually I do understand the kind of nature Norway has and how it impact the way of dressing. When I was growing up I had even more severe conditions than CP Mette-Marit has - but believe me I did not wear black stockings all the time, and boots with Prada dress and jacket :D

So it might be more difficult than in other countries, but still there are plenty of ways to dress appropriate and beautiful at the same time :flowers:

Last edited:
She has to try harder with her look and everything.Sometimes she looks so clueless!Black with dark blue...She needs a good stylist,imo.

Thank you Larzen! Here CP Mette-Marit is wearing her purple Mary Janes again! I love those shoes!! :flowers:

I like her outfit, but I have seen her dressed better. Navy is a great color on her, but she wear either white or beige or very dark colors. There is nothing in between. She could try some color for a change. :flowers:

She looks really elegant and classic.The combination of these two colours is always a success in my opinion.The shoes are nice too:flowers:And the hairstyle is very original too

Apart from the pencil skirt,which is always a "safe" piece,nothing else impresses me.Not even the shoes!And what an awful bracelet!

Larzen, you took the words from my mouth. Mette-Marit's outfit is very classy, but I thought well, it's late summer, so back to black clothes until May!:lol:

Its a very classic outfit, doesnt look bad but i ts totally not her age. Its something I could see on one of the Queen's or worn to a funeral.
Im liking the hair, looks nice for a change.

I like her in classical suites without strange belts.
Nice hairdo. And her shoes...

I like the overall look. I think she looks very professional.

I may say I like everything in Mette-Marit's outfit, besides the belt, it doesn't fit here.
Though I'm not a fan of Prada, I love this small bag.:)

:previous: I totally agree with you, queenofthelight :flowers:
I like the suit a lot (great colour on MM) and the pink shirt under it is nice as well. I just don´t like the belt.
The shoes and especially the bag are amazing!! I love them!

As Letizia is platform princess on last months than MetteMarit is princess of the belts.
The outfit is nice, belt too but not together (again).
Nice hair (so girly), bag and shoes.
What I don't like is jacket's cut. It doesn't suite to MM at all.
I mean her breast and tummy besides the belt.

I' ve just seen the photos of the official visit to Hungary.
Hasn't CP Mette-Marit put on weight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom