Crown Princess Maxima's Daytime Fashion Part 4: December 2009 - May 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the great pictures Maryamj. I think Maxima looks really pretty in this outfit. I happen to love pink and orange together, and she just looks so bright and cheery, like she is going to a party. I am glad she has on colorful earrings too. It is a nice fresh change from seeing her in more neutral and dark colors lately.

The dress and the bag both look lovely on CP Maxima. I don't care for this red cardigan or for these old-fashioned pointy shoes.

Finally, colorful Maxima is back!:flowers: She worn this outfit & these shoes before lots of times, but they're still very lovely!

:previous: I agree with you, Lumutqueen. The dress looks gorgeous on her, it has a lovely shape and colour. I also love the fucsia shoes and the bag is really nice; her hair looks very good as well. But that orange cardigan :eek::eek::eek:

I really like these colours together but I still believe Maxima could do a whole lot better with her appearance there is just something missing and I with all the assets at her disposal I do wish she would find it because I really like her.

the dress and the cardigan don't look good together. the colours don't work together. and i thought maxima looked too overdressed for a daytime event. i also think the dress is too shiny. i don't really like it. you cannot look at it longer then 3 seconds and then your eyes start to hurt. at least in the pictures.

I like what she is wearing, also the colour combination. Not so much the bag in the same material as the dress, nor the straps on her shoes, a no no when you do not have skinny legs.
I like the length of her hair and the casualness of it (comb in her bag?) but she could do with a little less bronzer.........

To Bertie, I have thought the same thing, and I happened to notice that in many of the pictures I have seen, Maxima doesn't wear lipstick. Maybe just a "pop" of color (not too loud, but just right) will be the "je ne sais quois" that will perfect her look. Just a thought....

I like what she is wearing, also the colour combination. Not so much the bag in the same material as the dress, nor the straps on her shoes, a no no when you do not have skinny legs.
I like the length of her hair and the casualness of it (comb in her bag?) but she could do with a little less bronzer.........

I agree with everything you said, susan alicia. I have to add that the cardigan clashes a bit with the colour of the dress, IMO.
Her hairstyle indeed looks nice. :flowers:

Princess Maxima visited, as member of the Council of Microfinance, the MF-Micro Starter point in Vlissingen today:
PPE Agency Vlissingen

Quite horrible from head to toe.
Ghastly teased straw hair, a tacky Flintstone necklace, an ill-fitting suit ready to burst at the seams, a horse blanket and streetwalker boots.
Not for the first time in recent months, Maxima looks like she dressed in the dark, without comb, without mirror, and without any sense of style.
The only thing that could work here is the color of the suit, preferrably on a different garment in her correct size.

Oh dear, this outfit is horrible indeed. :eek:

I just dunno where to begin. :nonono: What strikes me most is her hair, but then: these boots together with this ill-fitted suit and the enormous necklace... What was she thinking?

http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Feb2010/PPE10020922.jpg
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Feb2010/PPE10020914.jpg

Maxima obviously celebrates carnival already and dressed up as Stonehenge. :shock:

The whole look is plain ugly. I don't know where to begin. From head to toe... the hair looks completely uncombed; simply messy.
The "jewelry" (if it can be called "jewelry" at all)
The stole looks so weird with the suit.
The boots... I never liked them, but they looked horrible with the suit.

Summery: this look could become one of the worst outfits in 2010. Thumbs down. :ninja::argh:

I agree with you that this outfit is very unattractive on Maxima. But, I will say a couple of good points that I like. I think the silvery-blue color of the suit is very pretty on her and complimented her features very well. It is really unfortunate that she didn't get a better fitting suit. The seams on the top are pulling so much! I love the nice neutral stone color of the boots, and I love that the are suede, but I HATE over-the-knee boots. You are right Boris - they look like streetwalker boots. I think the wrap would have worked better if maybe the color was better and it was a bit smaller maybe? The bag is nice, but her jewelry is terrible. I laughed when I read Boris' description that they were Flintstone necklace and earrings. Very funny, but not funny for Maxima. I just think the stones in the necklace and earrings are way too big and look ridiculous. Maybe the weather was really bad that day and if it was misting or foggy or rainy and she had hair-care product in her hair, like hairspray, the weather made it look that bad. It has happened to me before....

Maxima obviously celebrates carnival already and dressed up as Stonehenge. :shock:

The whole look is plain ugly. I don't know where to begin. From head to toe... the hair looks completely uncombed; simply messy.

Summery: this look could become one of the worst outfits in 2010. Thumbs down. :ninja::argh:

What I dislike most is the jewelry so odd imo,and the stole.However I like the grey outfit,and I adore the Chanel bag.I am not fan of boots but these are quite nice imo.

I don't think it's a complete desaster, ok, messy hair and the suit doesn't fit but I think the "jewellery" is quite ok but too much grey though but I love the Chanel bag.

But, the boots, they suck BIG TIME, where is the fashion police to make an arrest :eek::yuk::yuk:

Allright, I'll do my best to remain positive here: the shawl and the bag were both very beautiful...:whistling:

This outfit makes her look like BIG!, is completly unflattering

Princess Maxima visited, as member of the Council of Microfinance, the MF-Micro Starter point in Vlissingen today:
PPE Agency Vlissingen

Quite horrible from head to toe.
Ghastly teased straw hair, a tacky Flintstone necklace, an ill-fitting suit ready to burst at the seams, a horse blanket and streetwalker boots.
Not for the first time in recent months, Maxima looks like she dressed in the dark, without comb, without mirror, and without any sense of style.
The only thing that could work here is the color of the suit, preferrably on a different garment in her correct size.

You hit the nail right on the head. Maxima is getting worse with her clothing. Maybe one day she will realize her hair never looks well groomed anymore. I just do not get her at all. All that money and nothing with this outfit to show for it beside the beautiful Chanel handbag.

I think a pashmina wrap would have looked more elegant, instead of that ruana.

First, the color of the suit is pretty, but she needs at least one size larger, Maxima looks as if she was stuffed into it and there's that stupid belt around the middle of the jacket. Any of the Princesses who continue this style should be whipped with a noodle!:bang: I like the suede boots and the color, but not over the knee please. The chunky jewelry? No.

not even the chanel bag as far as I am concerned because it is grey leather and I do not like grey bags (and shoes)

the only thing I don't like is the earrings, for me the skirt is nice and also the cardigan in more this color looks nice on her
the boots are also nice and suits her very weel imo

The 'shawl' is an argentine ruana
Reina Máxima - Moda: Moda argentina

Thank you for the extra info!:flowers: Although I had a good laugh when someone - Boris I think - called it a 'horse blanket' :D, I still find it very interesting and rather pretty. I also liked the way Maxima wore this ruana in the above photos - particularly the one with this lovely brooch!

I love the color of the outfit but thats it for me. What has happened to her hair. I could do a better job on her color and I'm not a hair dresser. Its orangey!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom