Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 9: January 2012 - May 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don´t like the colour of jacket. But her hairdo is beautiful.

I hate the pants from the white suit. I like wide legs.

About the dress & jacket, I am not sure. Is she trying to be hip or elegant? I don't think it works for a formal evening event.

Have we seen this gold jacket on Mary before???

The last two looks dont work for me on Mary - i think she was trying too hard fashion wise i prefer her classic timeless looks to be honest. Though i would like to see the dress without the jacket as it could be lovely on its own

I'm still not liking the gold jacket, but her hair is absolutely gorgeous.

Yes, she's got beautiful tiara hair tonight, which for me is why the tiara really looks good in this appearance. It's displayed so well.

When I saw the closeup of her hair and tiara-wow, what a work of art. I agree, Baroness, that the tiara in its pearlish incarnation looks well because of the hair. Otherwise, the last time around, I really didn't like it at all.
The outfit is beautiful, I just dont like the belt on the jacket, too large.

The white suit is one of the worst outfits I've ever seen on Mary. Cut is all wrong, the shiny white material screams celebrity, not royal. What looked good on John Travolta many decades ago, is certainly not for Mary to recycle, if she wanted to look "trendy". Horrible make up for a 40 year old, those smokey eyes are for young girls 20 years younger.

As for the tiara outfit, the gold jacket & white skirt dont work for me at all. Lovely hair & tiara look, though.

The first time I saw this jacket, it looked exquisite with the dress she wore which almost resembled a pale cinnamon beige shaded lace. The second time with the white evening gown, it still looked absolutely beautiful giving a very different yet very elegant look.

Last edited:
The tan jacket with the white dress is a nice attempt of something different, but, somehow it doesn't work, mismatched etc. it looks uncmfortable

I don´t like combination the white dress and tan jacket, but I think Mary looks very elegant, beautiful hair and tiara

The first time I saw this jacket, it looked exquisite with the dress she wore which almost resembled a pale cinnamon beige shaded lace. The second time with the white evening gown, it still looked absolutely beautiful giving a very different yet very elegant look.

I agree, I thought that Mary looked lovely in the gold jacket and the white dress. Very nice modern twist to her usual classic elegance.

Thanks for posting the close up of the evening bag! I LOVE it!

She looks good as usual but if the dress was light beige the look would be much better.

The tan jacket with the white dress is a nice attempt of something different, but, somehow it doesn't work, mismatched etc. it looks uncmfortable

Yes, I would second that. The bottom of the dress is too "flowly" for the jacket.

I don't know if this has been posten before...

But after all the official parties around The Queen's 40 years of reign her closest friends celebrated her with a private party in 'Hofteateret' near Christiansborg Palace in Copenhagen.

Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary also attended.

I read it in Billedbladet but I don't know what the date was other than it was after all the official festivities were over.

Crown Princess Mary wore a beautiful brown fur, earrings from Georg Jensen and a clutch from Bottega Vaneta.

To se pictures go to this blog: Royal Outfits: January, 21: Private Party

I don't know if this has been posten before...

But after all the official parties around The Queen's 40 years of reign her closest friends celebrated her with a private party in 'Hofteateret' near Christiansborg Palace in Copenhagen.

Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary also attended.

I read it in Billedbladet but I don't know what the date was other than it was after all the official festivities were over.

Crown Princess Mary wore a beautiful brown fur, earrings from Georg Jensen and a clutch from Bottega Vaneta.

To se pictures go to this blog: Royal Outfits: January, 21: Private Party

That is a beautiful coat. I also like the red lipstick o Mary, it suits her and its a different look.

Not a fan of the coat.Though I love the lipstick.

:previous:Agree about the coat, and the lipstick is divine. Mary looks good in a strong color.

Mary's recent outfit makes me scream: NO! She can do much better, she is a really well dressed royal most of the time. This golden jacket is horrible and combined with a sash looks just bad. I wish I could see more details of her white evening gown.

very Nice Pictures Princess Mary look wonderful I Like the coat :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Mary is divine. The coat is nice but I m against fur. I ve noticed that the whole DRF does not show any sensgtivity on wearing real fur! They use and abuse...
Mary likes Bottega. She often has Bottega clutches (or is the same...)

Mary is divine. The coat is nice but I m against fur. I ve noticed that the whole DRF does not show any sensgtivity on wearing real fur! They use and abuse...
Mary likes Bottega. She often has Bottega clutches (or is the same...)
I like fur but I'm not sure if I like the style of this coat. I love Mary's earrings though. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom