Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 6: January 2010 - May 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Princess Mary wearing a black strapless gown at the Dansk Fashion Awards, May 12, 2010:
De kendte og kongelige til modefest | www.bt.dk

First of all, the top part makes her 'chest' look completely flat... :argh: Then these layers/ruffles produce this 'wedding cake' effect which is totally unflattering... Let's just say her stylist ran out of inspiration that evening - we still love Mary, of course. :)

Unflattering dress, especially the top part... Proportions are disturbed, and this time black color doesn't help CP. Anyway, I like the hairstyle and nice earrings.

The bustline is strange, unflattering. I don't like the ruffles at all. Hmm... in that video I've seen yesterday it looked quite lovely. But now at a closer look I'm disappointed. Great earrings, though.

Yes, the dress is terrible. One would think Mary knows better than that.

[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto Fashion

Other pictures.
I loved last years, but this one is not too bad. She could've worn something brighter. :)

I am hoping that Mary would bring out that Stunning ice blue number for P Victoria wedding, wouldn't that be perfect with her aquamarines?:p

Mary doesn't have any aquamarine jewellery.

Why did she wear strapless two years in a row to the same event? we can't help comparing, can we?

We'd compare them, even if they weren't strapless.

I just was talking with a frind in denmark and he said it is cold and bad weather , so ho she can be wih no coat, I would be freessing!

Mary doesn't have any aquamarine jewellery.

Mary has aquamarine jewellery. Probably not for very grand ocassions but impressive enough.

For this event she is wearing absolute beautiful aquamarine earrings. They are breathtaking seen close up. She is also wearing a huge aquamarine ring with diamonds. The ring is part of a set. To the set belong other earrings with a huge aquamarine and diamonds and a pearl choker with a very big aquamarine.

The black dress makes her look very bony in the shoulder area, flat chested and then very wide through the hips...all of which she is not. Just a bad choice of a dress for her. But the earrings are lovely.

I think she has nice shoulders. Don't like the dress but I agree her earrings are lovely and her hair looks good.

strange gown almost looks as cthough she has been bound across the bustline love the colour though the skirt is on the gown is gorg. Would it have looked better on someone with a bust? It is hard to tell .... is it that sort of gown.

I am surprised to read some comments, and lot of people don't like this black dress, to me Mary is just perfect, the gown, makeup and hair like most the time.

dreaded uniboob effect
Your comment cracked me up. I knew immediately what you meant and it was the exact word I was groping for when I saw the photo. :ROFLMAO:

Love the HAIR! :flowers:

Love the Makeup! :flowers:

Love, reall adored the Earrings! :flowers:

Shoot the Sylist! :D

I am surprised to read some comments, and lot of people don't like this black dress, to me Mary is just perfect, the gown, makeup and hair like most the time.

Wow, you like this dress? Like I said, to me it's looks like carpet. I don't know who the designer of the dress is, but I really don't like it. The textiles look cheap and it's not flattering on her. Mary dresses well most of the time, but even she can have a bad dress day. This dress is hard on the eyes.

Imagine this dress in other colour and with higher or with more cut out neckline. And with some necklace...
Beside the are not the best light for dark blue dress.

The gown itself wasn't that bad. I just really didn't like this dark look on Mary. It completely washed her out and made her look very pale. The hairdo and earrings were lovely.
I agree with magnik; in a lighter colour and with a necklace this dress could have looked lovely.

:previous: You've got a good point here. Mary should limit her total black appearances IMO. Black does nothing for her. ;)

For me the gown did nothing for her wonderful figure. The color didn't bother me as much as the cut. Other than that, her hair and makeup are wonderful.

I thought she looked very good in the gown, the only thing that was missing was a necklace or her choker.

For me the gown did nothing for her wonderful figure. The color didn't bother me as much as the cut. Other than that, her hair and makeup are wonderful.

Agreed princess gertrude. Princess Mary has a great figure and the cut of the gown was totally wrong for her. I think she looks good in black because her hair and makeup work. I just love her earrings. She must like the cold weather because she is never bundled up when she does her royal duties.:flowers:

A choker would have really balanced the look I think, it's bottom heavy in a way. But I love her hair and make up.

I like Mary wearing black with her black hair and fair skin.

http://www.billedbladet.dk/Kendte/Nyheder/2010/5/~/media/BilledBladet/Gallerier/Billeder/Kendte/2010/Dansk%20Fashion%20Awards%202010/dfa_gal01.ashx

what i hate most about this outfit is the colour, black. no idea why mary loves this "all black" look (she not even from NZ) - it doesnt suit her one bit. her worst outing in that sense was charles' bday, where she went as royal Goth or Morticia Addams double.
http://myroyal.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/charles-party5-a.jpg

this specific dress is not horrible but not up to scratch either. the bust looks like fake leather, already said on this thread, and the skirt like cheap crepe paper. some colour please.

http://www.billedbladet.dk/Kendte/Nyheder/2010/5/~/media/BilledBladet/Gallerier/Billeder/Kendte/2010/Dansk%20Fashion%20Awards%202010/dfa_gal01.ashx

what i hate most about this outfit is the colour, black. no idea why mary loves this "all black" look (she not even from NZ) - it doesnt suit her one bit. her worst outing in that sense was charles' bday, where she went as royal Goth or Morticia Addams double.

this specific dress is not horrible but not up to scratch either. the bust looks like fake leather, already said on this thread, and the skirt like cheap crepe paper. some colour please.
I really loved the outfit for Charles' bday, it was a bit 1920's sophistication. I do like her in black and i do like the bust on this dress but i am not a fan of the unfitted skirt. It looks like a dress for a toilet dolly from back in the day that nannas used to have.

Wow! I guess you really do not like black do you. The CP has never been Goth or Morticia Adam's double. She is one of the best dressed of them all and I do not understand how you can ever say she is Goth of all things.

I agree. I think Mary is one of the best dressed princesses. She can rock black, but she doesn't wear it right. It really doesn't suit her sometimes. I don't think she should wear all black. She should pair it with a different, lighter color.

The second outfit makes her look like she just stepped out of the Sweeney Todd film.

I find it puzzling that some say she can't wear black very well. I think she wears it extraordinarly well. Better than most.

I recall having labelled the lace and silk blouse Mary wore to the Prince of Wales' 60th Birthday in 2008, as having somewhat of a gothic inspiration. The 'tag' seems to have stuck..lol.

I really loved the outfit for Charles' bday, it was a bit 1920's sophistication

To this day, it remains one of my favourite appearances en masse. She was simply exquisite, from heels to hair.

She looked nothing like Morticia Addams...lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom