Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 3: January 2009 - May 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The colour is really great, but the wrappings... looks like an apprentice designer had been desperate to create something new. And the loose hair doesn't go well with this tiara, IMO.

Hmmmm....the name of the 'apprentice designer' is Alexander McQueen :whistling:
The gown is a recyle from 2005

I still say she looks wonderful. However, she desparately needs a new Tiara....preferably one that sparkles! This piece looks like stainless steel to me and not important enough for a Crown Princess.

Hmmmm....the name of the 'apprentice designer' is Alexander McQueen :whistling:
The gown is a recyle from 2005
I know, but I still think that it is not one of his best works. At least to my taste.
This is one of the rare occasions where I prefer Marie's look to Mary's.

It may not be one of his best designs but it beats anything that Marie has worn, imo. The quality of his work shows immediately in the beauty of the fabrics used, the tailoring and just the over-all elegance. Nothing 'tacky' here!

Princess Mary's outfit is stunning. She looks like a fairy-tale princess of Denmark.

Mary looks lovely. princess-like. I remember this dress, she wore it before. I think she should have her hair up while wearing tiara, though.

I still say she looks wonderful. However, she desparately needs a new Tiara....preferably one that sparkles! This piece looks like stainless steel to me and not important enough for a Crown Princess.

I totally, totally agree - this tiara is so skimpy - Mary does need a really nice diamond tiara (Marie has a gorgeous one) - Mary can't wear the ruby/diamond one all of the time, so a nice important diamond tiara to go with everything would fit the bill. Surely, the Queen has one just sitting around in the vault!

No it is Alexander McQueen. Mary looks really good in it. But I think hair up would have looked better. She has worn the gown two other times I believe. Once in Belgium and once in New York I think. On a side note, Fergie also wore this dress. She looked awful in it. Mary looks great in it.

No it is Alexander McQueen. Mary looks really good in it. But I think hair up would have looked better. She has worn the gown two other times I believe. Once in Belgium and once in New York I think. On a side note, Fergie also wore this dress. She looked awful in it. Mary looks great in it.

This evening dress has never been worn in Belgium. It was worn in New York and Denmark.

I love the Alexander McQueen dress! The colour, the fabric,.............. everything is just perfect for me!

However I think she looked more beautiful and regal when she had her hair up!

I agree, the satin on the enckline with open hair is abit too much but doesnt look bad at all. I dont think the problem with the dress was the hair do but the tiara. Its not one of those dresses you need a tiara for IMO. Thanks for posting the pictures, hairdo was beautiful

I agree, the satin on the enckline with open hair is abit too much but doesnt look bad at all. I dont think the problem with the dress was the hair do but the tiara. Its not one of those dresses you need a tiara for IMO. Thanks for posting the pictures, hairdo was beautiful

Everybody is so right about this dress. With hair up, you can see the draping around the neck - with her hair up, the whole appearance has a retro look to it - much more sophisticated and beautiful.
She does not need a tiara with this dress as the dress presents such a strong statement on its own. But the occasion called for a tiara, and poor Mary had to wear that dull, dinky little thing that she has - she deserves a bigger and prettier one!

As you so perfectly put it, Pamk, the occasion called for a tiara as all the other Royals were wearing one. Unfortunately poor CPMary is stuck with the most unattractive of all tiaras! She certainly deserves better.

Everybody is so right about this dress. With hair up, you can see the draping around the neck - with her hair up, the whole appearance has a retro look to it - much more sophisticated and beautiful.
She does not need a tiara with this dress as the dress presents such a strong statement on its own. But the occasion called for a tiara, and poor Mary had to wear that dull, dinky little thing that she has - she deserves a bigger and prettier one!
I am so with you on this pamk, dinky is the perfect word to describe that tiara, it is beautiful but lacking so much substance. Especially when Marie is wearing a much more dazzling one.
I do love the dress with Marys' hair up, it is such a polished look. But it is nice to see her hair out with this dress, it gives us something to talk about and compare!!

This is my first post, so hello everyone.
I agree with you Madame Royale. I like Mary with her hair down on this occasion, especially with Frederick on crutches. She would look taller than her husband if she had her hair up. She is very radiant and fresh. I vote for her dress too. It suits her well.

Welcome, Mellie.

Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket I really don't like this dress. It takes work to get the sash crisscrossed just right. I'm pretty sure the gown was first worn perhaps three or four years ago. There were comparisons of Mary and Duchess of York in the same outfit. It's not easy to make it flattering on most ladies unless they are rail-thin.

Princess Mary's evening dress is very and very beautiful!!! Everything is perfect!

I completely love this dress and her hair down is a nice little change from the norm of the up do. I do love that tiara.

It was Prince Constantijn and Princess Laurentien of the Netherlands.

God, my brain is really on the fritz! Sorry, I'm getting older, and having a child has sucked my brain cells dry. There are days I can't remember my own phone number. Thanks for correcting me!

I really like how Princess Mary looked on this event, she is very regal and at the same time fresh and modern. :D

God, my brain is really on the fritz! Sorry, I'm getting older, and having a child has sucked my brain cells dry. There are days I can't remember my own phone number. Thanks for correcting me!

Any hard working mother is entitled to the odd memory block...hehe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom