Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 2: May 2008 - January 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i was trying too to find out where to buy that dress and how much would cost, anyones knows?

Y'all that dress is probably $1,500 (US dollars) or more. The shoes (if they're Rene Caovilla) are probably $750 (US) or more.

Y'all that dress is probably $1,500 (US dollars) or more. The shoes (if they're Rene Caovilla) are probably $750 (US) or more.
thank you so much, where can i find it?

Matches Fashion look under Matthew Williamson, it comes in a ligh & dark silver/grey.
Btw, is this the first time Mary has worn this designer's outfit?
thank you so much, it is not red and no small size but it is very interestedto see it.

thank you so much, it is not red and no small size but it is very interestedto see it.

They do the navy one in a UK6 which is a US2, that's small in my book.:)

It is a beautiful dress though and I love the beading detail. Mary has got her fashion choices spot on lately.

I know I am a bit late to the discussion about the outfit Mary wore on the Dannebrog...but the pink dress fabric reminds me of caul fat...that stuff used to make sausages...

Anyway, I liked the colour combo of pink and green, I love the green coat, I just wish the dress was the same fabric (but pink) as the coat...remember that dark blue and light blue gala dress and coat she wore while pregnant? Something like that...in terms of fabric combination...

Love Mary's dress for Fredericks party. Wonderful color, great details. Young fresh, exciting and totally appropriate for the event! This is the best I've seen her look this spring.

Maybe I'm the only one here, but I hated the little red dress for Fred's birthday do. To me it's ugly and very tacky. Not something for a 36 years old crownprincess and a mother of two. If she wore it with white linen pants and red espadrilles underneath it would have been nice, but to me it's a big no no.

Maybe I'm the only one here, but I hated the little red dress for Fred's birthday do. To me it's ugly and very tacky. Not something for a 36 years old crownprincess and a mother of two. If she wore it with white linen pants and red espadrilles underneath it would have been nice, but to me it's a big no no.
Then so far you are the only one to think so!!;) I think CP Mary has never looked better or sexier. Remember it was a "private" party, not an official event, she was not on display at "work" either. And compared to some other guests, she was very appropriately dressed!:)

No, you are not the only one ;)
I think exactly like you, this little dress is not appropiate for a princess (it doesn't matter the party was official or private). The other lady with the too short dresses are not a crownprincess, but if one is invited to the birthday party of a crownprince, I think you should dress different....

No, you are not the only one ;)
I think exactly like you, this little dress is not appropiate for a princess (it doesn't matter the party was official or private). The other lady with the too short dresses are not a crownprincess, but if one is invited to the birthday party of a crownprince, I think you should dress different....

Such a beautiful young woman, and yet you think she should dress dowdy and unattractive. Who decides what is appropiate for a princess? As long as her clothing is worn in good taste, and nothing "royal" is hanging out I do not see one thing wrong with how she was dressed. I hope one day to meet the ever elusive princess fashion police. They seem to have so many laws with what is right and wrong, yet there is never a clue who these people are that make these all important decisions. Mary is a breath of fresh air!:wub:

Why would she wear a dress with slacks? With legs like hers I would show them more often. :whistling:

Well when I first saw the dress my initial reaction was "wow!", my 2nd was related to the length of the dress, but then I rethought that - I mean, sure it's not the longest dress but its not like she's showing any skin near her shoulders at all, never mind any clevage (now that I might have a problem with) so I think its balanced and that as such its a fine dress for her to wear at a private party, and she looks fabulous in it.

I think the dress is too long to put with slacks, then it would look like a moo-moo. I like the darker version in grey with dark blue flowers. I do not like her jewelry or her purse, but the dress and shoes are fine to me.

She looked great. She is young and slim and lovely. What nonsense about a "crownprincess". She is a person. She dresses incredibly well. We should all look so good.

What difference does it makes how many children she has?:ohmy: What difference does it make how old she is?:ohmy: She is a modern, attractive women setting amazing examples for women everywhere, and she looks phenomenal. Nothing is on show except her legs and with those pins why shouldn't she show them off? She gets ticks all around, i say, but i respect your opinion.
I would like to know though, what your opinion is of her casual outfit to get icecream? That was a pair of real short shorts. And she had her son with her. Was this tacky too? Should CP Mary have been wearing long pants on that hot hot denmark day??;)

i think the dress is marvellous, she looks fantastic, she is thin good legs, young, why not? i would understand you don't like it if she was fat in that short dress , but she looks fantastic, if i would have the money i would, buy it too and in red of course!

Well I think she wore that dress first because she liked it but then maybe she is promoting that designer even if he isn't Danish and I think that she will return the dress to him, that is not a piece that she will recycle!

In ebay you can find some Mathew dresses and clothes at a lower price!

What difference does it makes how many children she has?:ohmy: What difference does it make how old she is?:ohmy: She is a modern, attractive women setting amazing examples for women everywhere, and she looks phenomenal. Nothing is on show except her legs and with those pins why shouldn't she show them off? She gets ticks all around, i say, but i respect your opinion.
I would like to know though, what your opinion is of her casual outfit to get icecream? That was a pair of real short shorts. And she had her son with her. Was this tacky too? Should CP Mary have been wearing long pants on that hot hot denmark day??;)

Why does having her son with her have to be tacky?? I don't mind what she wears inside her house and in her garden, but the moment she steps on the street she is the future queen of Denmark, so she should be dressed accordingly. So no shorts, but a nice denim skirt or a pair of jeans. She isn't an Aussie beachgirl anymore.

Why does having her son with her have to be tacky?? I don't mind what she wears inside her house and in her garden, but the moment she steps on the street she is the future queen of Denmark, so she should be dressed accordingly. So no shorts, but a nice denim skirt or a pair of jeans. She isn't an Aussie beachgirl anymore.
So because she stepped outside the gates of Fredensborg castle to buy icecream for herself and her son (and the icecream stand is actually right outside the gates of Fredensborg) she destroyed your impression of her as a clothes obsessed person which you have previously complained about :rolleyes: :cool:. She just cannot do anything right by you, can she?

I wonder if you are constantly chosing to disagree with me because i am an Aussie?:rolleyes:;)Or do you need to continue to find something wrong with CP Mary? And jeans????:eek: Wasn't it one of the hottest Denmark days? Good lord, she would have keeled over. And if this is what CP Mary was wearing when they all decide to go get ice cream, are you suggeting that she should have changed??:ROFLMAO:

This dress is gorgeous. Didn't she wear this on the New York trip recently?

yes, it took it in new York

maryblackdresscl3.jpg

So because she stepped outside the gates of Fredensborg castle to buy icecream for herself and her son (and the icecream stand is actually right outside the gates of Fredensborg) she destroyed your impression of her as a clothes obsessed person which you have previously complained about :rolleyes: :cool:. She just cannot do anything right by you, can she?

Oh yes, she does a lot of things right by me, don't get me wrong. :flowers: It's just that if you are a royal, you are a royal 24/7, so noblesse oblige!! No shorts and anklettes in public please.

I wonder if you are constantly chosing to disagree with me because i am an Aussie?:rolleyes:;)Or do you need to continue to find something wrong with CP Mary? And jeans????:eek: Wasn't it one of the hottest Denmark days? Good lord, she would have keeled over. And if this is what CP Mary was wearing when they all decide to go get ice cream, are you suggeting that she should have changed??:ROFLMAO:

You being an Aussie has nothing to do with:). And as far as the temperature in Denmark is considered: it hardly ever gets over 25 c Celsius, so I don't think she would have keeled over in a skirt!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I also think that is a bit excess to wear shorts this time of the year, 25 degress is not so mucht!!!!! And yes maybe a long dress like Amber would have been more appropriate but then we can say that Royals are not has they used to be and things have really changed!

I really agree and am happy that I am not as old fashioned as my children tell me. I am Australian too but did fee lMary should have done better in the shorts icecream thing this is important stuff being the next Queen of Deanmark and it is really unfortunate and goes with the situation she has bought into and great care must be taken look I love her but it always bothers me when things like this happen royalty is not ordinary in any way and yes it has to change and evolve but with greater care a dress would have been a better choice. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom