Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 2: May 2008 - January 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i wonder if she use some kind of corsett to modelate her figure undernith, she looks stunning, i love the dress!

Mary is a keen exerciser. Dedication to one's health is I think the answer to a svelte figure. Certainly in HRH's case.

Maintaining her figure is evidently something Mary prides herself on, and good on her.

I must say, my favorite part of her look is her fur jacket!

I like her dress.She looks very stunning! I really like her fashion!:flowers:

Mary is a keen exerciser. Dedication to one's health is I think the answer to a svelte figure. Certainly in HRH's case.

Maintaining her figure is evidently something Mary prides herself on, and good on her.
you can be very thin but some times even if you have a great figure corsetts make the dress to fit better and doesn't matter that you are thin, show yourshape better, for this i was thinking if she has one.
i love the dress is the same one that she use before her wedding?

It's true,she looked amazing in that silver gown!!:flowers:
I also loved the fur jacket she wore.When it's short like hers,we call it "bolero",borrowed from French.Can we use the same word in English?:rolleyes:

It's true,she looked amazing in that silver gown!!:flowers:
I also loved the fur jacket she wore.When it's short like hers,we call it "bolero",borrowed from French.Can we use the same word in English?:rolleyes:

It's the same in Danish at least. We call it a bolero as well. :-D

I'm glad that Danish members know this word :flowers:
I wish I could see CP Mary wearing boleros more often.She was perfect the other day :angel:

Mary has worn this dress twice before. I think it is nice for her. She looks good in it. Also, since we have seen it before it lets Marie shine.

you are right fashionista100,at least it let's Marie shine.
Mary's dress is so nice,I am happy to see her reclycling it again.
It's good that she is still able to wear it after 2 pregnancies.She is thin but she seems heathlty .I hope we can see this type de ladies in magazine instead of skinny creatures.

Well, this gown still looks amazing on Mary. The bolero looks great too (nice to see it again).
But I had hoped to see a new gown...

Mary's dress was just gorgeous and stunning.:flowers: I am not sure if it is white or silver, I even thought it was silver-white, but since everyone writes it is silver, I am OK with calling it just silver too.:lol:
I missed Mary wearing this dress before, so I am amazed. Beautiful (white?) bolero, hopefully fur, since I love furs. CP Mary looks beautiful.
I never liked that ruby tiara she is wearing, but it is not Mary's fault. ;)
It is her "duty" to wear royal jewelery and ruby goes perfectly with her outfit.

What I find to be sheer genius is that the fur bolero tones down what would be the busy-ness of the brocade fabric of the dress, the chain/collar of the Order, and the ruby necklace. It would be too much going on, but the fur wrap covers most of it up. You only see a little of the necklace and Order, enough to know it's there.

that is also one of my favourite gowns of mary ever. certainly my favourite of her engagement period - the red one she wore for the theatre evening doesn't quite match at the very least the beauty and elegance of this one! it looks plain gorgeous, feminine and discreet. a lovely choice to recycle.

I think that the fur bolero with silver dress and a tiara is too much. I wonder If Peta likes the fantastic bolero the same way as you do. Poor animals had to die because Mary from Australia wanted to wear fur, tiara, and "husband". Mary tries to look like Posh Spice from her best years! Mary is not natural! She is done like a plastic doll! I don't like her fake smiles. She should find her own unique style and stop to pretend to be someone else. I know that you will be extremely angry or whatever but I don't care.

Unfortunately, and once again, many posts have been deleted due to several members who cannot post without insulting one another as well as posting off topic remarks.

If members continue to post inane rhetoric over and over again this topic will be closed permanently.

Thanks.

GT
RHofF Mod

I really love this dress. Mary looked so beautiful in it back in 2004 when she wore it for the first time and looks even more beautiful in it now. Even the tiara has never look better on her. I guess it just a result of being more comfortable in her role as CP. I have to say I generally wouldn’t even entertain the idea of wear fur myself but I think if presented with the chance to wear something like Mary’s bolero I might find it hard to say no. :lol:

I can say it is not my favourite but I also imagine that fabric would look amazing "in the flesh" the colour would be so rich. Heavens what is thething in her hair?

The overcoat is okay. It's the headband that I dislike. It looks like those things you can get at the local Forever 21.

It's the first time I see this coat and I admit I don't like it.Actually,I can't even believe it was her choice.But in the collection that Her Majesty posted above Mary is glowing.She's a true Princess :flowers:

http://troonopvolgers.web-log.nl/troonopvolgers/2009/01/nieuwjaarsrecep.html
this was never one of my favourite dresses on Mary - i would however like the see what the brown dress underneath looks like without the curtain fabric coat

That was a lovely collection of all her new years dresses - thanks Her_Majesty for posting it
- my favourites are the red velvet pregancy dress and the purple coat dress
- i adore the purple velvet cape/coat worn to last year
- i would like to see her recycle the silver dress and matching bolero from last year recpetion and also the blue satin gown worn in 2006

It is also intesting to note how far Mary has come since her first new years in 2006 - she tended back then to over accessorise by wearing the entire rubu paraue which was a bit overwhelming but in the last few years she has grown into her role as a future Queen

Seems I am the only one who likes today's court dress (or coat). I think the fabric is eminently suited for this type of dress (female uniform) :)

UserDane,we can all share our thoughts with absolutely no fear :flowers:
About Mary's appearance with the purple velvet coat that PrincessofEurope mentioned above:DDon't you get the impression that she just came out from a fairy-tale?Like Disney's Belle or Cinderella,for example.This was the photo that made me say she looks like a true Princess :angel:

You are absolutely right iakynthi - she does :)
That dress must have been for one of the evening courts (tiara events) whereas today's court for the diplomatic corpse (day event) is with QMII and Mary in the more uniform-like dresses. Next year we will perhaps see the beautiful blue/purple coat again and in two years' time the grey ensemble Mary wore last year for the first time.

Count me as another fan of this outfit. I think it is unusual, yet a classic cut. I hope that we see the dress one of these days as I bet it is a stunner too.

At first I didn't think I liked it, but I have changed my mind. The fabric has a lovely sheen to it and as I stated before I like PMary in warm colors. Her skin looks good in them IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom