The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2017, 09:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Gorgeous! Love the entire outfit!

Old 01-01-2017, 11:16 PM
Heir Apparent

The cape seemed a little too spare for me. And the hairdo just didn't do it, the tiara seemed to overwhelm her hair, it needs much more volume, not a middle parted pulled down around the ears style. Much prefer the hairdsyle worn with this dress in the formal portrait. Also, the orange lipstick clashed with the cape. Love the gold dress and the hairpins in back.

Old 01-02-2017, 12:30 AM
Heir Apparent

Think she could have left the cape at home YUK... the gown nice and agree re lippy is it jut the photo ?? I wonder
Old 01-02-2017, 03:20 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertie5252003 View Post
Think she could have left the cape at home YUK... the gown nice and agree re lippy is it jut the photo ?? I wonder
I'm sure she has worn the Cape only for the arrival and removed it later. It is a pity that we never get pics from the Royals inside then we could have seen her without it.
Old 01-02-2017, 04:42 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertie5252003 View Post
It was freezing, so Mary was wise to wear a cape, I think.
Old 01-02-2017, 05:37 AM
Royal Highness

The cape needed to be either as long or longer than the gown or left at home...which given that they only go from their palace to a heated car drive 20 yards around a square and get back out wouldn't have killed her if she really didn't want to wear it.
Old 01-02-2017, 06:00 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...a5acba86fe.jpg

This cape would have done the job much better, imo.
Old 01-02-2017, 06:16 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The Crown Princess looked stunning last night and very regal.
Old 01-02-2017, 06:37 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyesco View Post
Mary looks beautiful and elegant. So regal
Especially with that arm candy in uniform
http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/...re-id630764804

Lol! Yes they look Beautiful
Old 01-02-2017, 10:13 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
I'm sure she has worn the Cape only for the arrival and removed it later. It is a pity that we never get pics from the Royals inside then we could have seen her without it.
Yes I agree I would have love to see her without the cape! and the dinner! in the othr hand you have Marie with no coat!
Old 01-02-2017, 10:31 AM
Heir Apparent

True, Marie didn't wear a coat. Also Duke, the purple cape you showed had a nice stand up collar besides more texture and length. This red one had no collar and didn't have enough heft imo, for all those jewels
Old 01-02-2017, 10:46 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelen View Post
Yes I agree I would have love to see her without the cape! and the dinner! in the othr hand you have Marie with no coat!
Princess Marie uisually doesn't wear a cape when she arrives to the Nytarsteffel. perhaps she deosn't freeze easily. Don't know how cold it was in Copenhagen last night but here in South BGermany whe had the last night till -10 ° degress Celsius. So i don't blame the Crown Princess and the Queen to wear a Cape/fur even if it only for a short distance.
Old 01-02-2017, 12:07 PM
Royal Highness

The dress is gorgeous and she brought her A game with the use of her jewels, like she usually does. But I cannot help but find the cape is a random throw on. Imo, she's worn better capes. This cape doesn't fit the luxurious dress.
Old 01-02-2017, 01:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Princess Marie uisually doesn't wear a cape when she arrives to the Nytarsteffel. perhaps she deosn't freeze easily. Don't know how cold it was in Copenhagen last night but here in South BGermany whe had the last night till -10 ° degress Celsius. So i don't blame the Crown Princess and the Queen to wear a Cape/fur even if it only for a short distance.
I would be freezing myself! I know it is a short walk from the car to the palace but still I am sure it is cold! wonder how warm is inside the palace! I am really spoil in my house, it is hot, air conditioner it is cold heating! so I do not know what I would do in their shoes!
Old 01-02-2017, 01:42 PM
Courtier

I love the dress and I agree, I thought that the cape was not a good fit - too short even though I did love the colour which matched the rubies. I did not like the hairstyle from the front - from the back with the ruby & diamond clips, the hair looked great. I LOVE her gold dress with the black ruffle underlay - really gave the skirt fantastic fullness.
Also, based on the portrait when we first saw this dress...it has very short sleeves so an "over coat" was needed in the wintry weather. Overall though, I thought that the Crown Princess looked fabulous - like a Queen.

Princess Marie's dress had long sleeves so she could get away without wearing a cape.

I noticed that in the last few years, neither CP Mary and Princess Marie have worn fur capes or coats over their dresses. I wonder if this is deliberate?
Old 01-02-2017, 01:45 PM
Super Moderator

The whole ensemble including jewels and cape were, for me, very beautiful indeed. I liked the colour combinations used and especially the sweep of the skirt - very regal!
Old 01-02-2017, 02:14 PM
Heir Apparent

I whole-heartedly agree with you, Jacknch! If I had one tiny miss it would be her hair. But that's it!
Old 01-03-2017, 06:33 AM
Heir Apparent

CP Mary always in Danish design:

Mary recycled her golden gown by Danish Jesper Høvring. And the cape is by Danish Lasse Spangenberg.

https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...6f&oe=591AED30
Old 01-03-2017, 06:49 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roskilde View Post
CP Mary always in Danish design:

Mary recycled her golden gown by Danish Jesper Høvring. And the cape is by Danish Lasse Spangenberg.

https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...6f&oe=591AED30
stunning photo!
Great of Mary to put Danish fashion in high regards
Old 01-03-2017, 08:39 AM
Heir Presumptive

The color of the cape is lovely, it just needs some embroidery or somethung to make it more dressy.

Closed Thread

Tags
crown princess mary, crown princess mary cocktail dresses, crown princess mary evening dresses, crown princess mary eveningwear, crown princess mary fashion, princess mary, princess mary eveningwear, princess mary fashion