Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 12: April 2013 - December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love that red, the ruffles and the dangling earrings. She can carry that intense color so well.

Mary took my breath away in Both of her gowns.. the pale pink and the red!! The pink was absolute perfection; regal and elegant. (I do so wish that she had another tiara).

The red might be a repeat, but what a beautiful one! Loved her hair and spectacular earrings.

I agree. She looked good. and i love that they were both danish designs :)

She looks beautiful, I was hoping to see a full pic of her in that gorgeous dress:wub:
even better she is wearing her ruby parure earrings!, and pretty new shoes?!

Uffe Frank was always the designer of Mary's wedding dress or have I got that wrong?
No, I think you're right about that. I think he did the design while Birgit Hallstein was in charge of the actual sewing of the dress.

She looks beautiful, I was hoping to see a full pic of her in that gorgeous dress:wub:
even better she is wearing her ruby parure earrings!, and pretty new shoes?!

Same here...Her red dress is one of my favourites gowns from Mary and I'm happy we yesterday saw full pictures of her. Next time I would love to see it from the front too, but so I has something to look forward to ;)

Last edited:
The pale pink and red dresses were perfection

I liked both of Mary's evening dresses, both were a hit! Too bad the red dress was 'only' worn on the boat, more or less out of royal watcher's sight!

That she can. She looked stunning in that red gown.

Which is probably why I like it so much! She can pull it off. Prefer her in strong colors to pale ones.

It turns out this psycedelic outfit by Mary wasn't that far out anyway: https://www.box.com/s/ztbxxo0clf5w9ckbkkk5
It's a traditional Vietnamese robe, called an Ao Dai, and it was ordered during a state visit to Vietnam a few years back. The designer is Si Hoang.

Last edited:
Love the dress on both of them, but I agree with dbarn that Victoria won this particular head-to-head.

I think how Victoria styled it played to the delicacy and romantic slant of the dress. The accessories, hairpiece, etc., all worked to make a kind of --- to me --- total dreamy, delicate look.

While there's nothing wrong with the bag, shoes and jacket Mary wore (I thought they were all great pieces, BTW), they added a harder, businesslike edge to a dress that was leaning toward a softer, more pretty, rather than businesslike, look. So, the complete look she had on kind of reminded me of two opposing opinions clashing, in a way.

Maybe I'm not saying it correctly to get my point across. But Victoria's came across to me like one mind created it, versus Mary's coming across to me like TWO different minds having created her total look.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know the event but Mary wore the same Malene Birger dress the Victoria wore to Madeleine's banns ceremony on May 22.

Mary attended the opening ceremony of the first global conference on contraception, reproductive and sexual health in Copenhagen on May 22. It's been an evening event so I've moved your post over here!

I don't like the blazer and dress together. The blazer doesn't work with this dress too dark and heavy.

Mary attended the opening ceremony of the first global conference on contraception, reproductive and sexual health in Copenhagen on May 22. It's been an evening event so I've moved your post over here!

Here are more pictures :flowers:

http://frederiketmary.f.r.pic.centerblog.net/IMG_8118.jpg

http://frederiketmary.f.r.pic.centerblog.net/IMG_8120.jpg

The dress is from Danish Malene Birger
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-tCjYxCSOh9E/UZ6hi4UFmvI/AAAAAAAAJYA/E9TJywzVL84/s400/a.png

The dress is very romantic and summery, I like it very much. With the blazer has Mary styled the dress so it fits to the important work meeting she attend. IMO looks Mary simple, professionally and pretty. But I hope that we one day will see the dress without the blazer. Maybe during the summer to a more relaxing event :)

If only those 2 are not wearing it to the SAME event, this would be a surprise, uuuuiiii....

BTW, Victoria wins with her style of the outfit!
Bye Bine

Love the black and white it is very pretty without being frivelous IMO

Crown Princess Mary's ensemble is very elegant. I like the hairstyle, but I am not sure about the hair colour.

The dress is lovely and the blazer is nice but not together. This kind of dress is nice to wear alone. Im not fond of the hair color.

Crown Princess Mary's ensemble is very elegant. I like the hairstyle, but I am not sure about the hair colour.

I like the reddish color on her but like when it's dark brownish black the best.

I really love the dress. It's delicate and light, and quite perfect for summer. Mary looks great in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom