Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 10: May 2012 - October 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
iceflower said:

Crown Princess Mary at a dinner celebrating the WWF Denmark's 40-year anniversary today, May 30,

wearing a very special and very colourful dress :)

** Full view ** Full view 2 ** Upper part **

This is definitely not the most flattering dress. I'm surprised she'd wear something like this! It looks like a rainbow vomited on her.

Mary is the Crown Princess of Denmark- I doubt she is down to her last dollar, though I quite agree with you! :D

Oh, I have no doubt that she has resources, but nonetheless, that's not a reason to buy something this hideous. Ouch :eek:.

Oh, I have no doubt that she has resources, but nonetheless, that's not a reason to buy something this hideous. Ouch :eek:.

Wonder if it is the occasion that brings forth this type of psychodelic print? Wasn't it at a similar occasion two years ago that Marie wore another long dress in very 'lively print' - although prettier than the one Mary wore yesterday.
I have a friend who attended the event; have to ask her how the print looked up front - whether she is suffering from lasting eye damage :p

Usually I love ALL of Mary's picks, but...YIKES:eek:!!! Even someone as beautiful as Mary can't pull this off!!! It makes me dizzy!:dizzy:

I look at the dress and I think of the Beatles 'Yellow Submarine' movie. It still confuses me to this very day ;)

I could imagine a piece of modern art with this design in their palatial home, but as for wearing it, let her live and learn.

Last edited:
The Seargant Pepper's dress is too much for me - I dont find it as ugly as some other posters but the style of the print is not a winner in my book.

I think it was a themed party. Mary looks like she is in a salwar kameez as the Queen is in a Chinese inspired outfit so is Prince Henrik.
I don't like what Mary is in, the print is too bold, something she doesn't pull off well nor the colors look good on her.

Is there a theme for this evening, they all seem to be dressed equally h'mm, how can I put it? weird!?:ermm:

I agree with you Dazzling,it was certainly a themed party.
The dress isn't bad but I agree that the colours are psychedelic :lol:
Marie's choice was safer

Very uggly! I think is the first time I see smt soooo bad on Mary.

Marie isn't much better either. And no word for the Queen.....

Maybe the dinner's theme was "How uggly could you wear??"

is there someone who knows who the designer is? I'm thinking Pucci, but I don't know?

The occasion of the party was the 40th anniversary of the WWF, so I think the royal ladies dressed in 1972 fashions - Mary as a hippie chick, Margrethe (and Henrik too) as an Indian guru, and Marie in a typically conservative style for evening wear of the period.
At least I HOPE that's the explanation.
The late 60s / early 70s were perhaps the worst fashion period ever (far more horrid than the frequently ridiculed early 80s, IMHO) but especially Mary could certainly have found a more appealing outfit echoing that time than this psychedelic tunic. I'm actually missing a joint in her hand and a flower in her hair.

I think it was a themed party. Mary looks like she is in a salwar kameez as the Queen is in a Chinese inspired outfit so is Prince Henrik.
I don't like what Mary is in, the print is too bold, something she doesn't pull off well nor the colors look good on her.

I don't think it was ;) Just got an email from my friend who attended; apparently the guests all looked 'normally dressed' for such occasions.

The only other incident of dressing up was when a huge panda entered the scene - and went up to the queen and patted her hair.....
..and then a widely grinning prince Henrik took of his panda head :D He sounds as if he's quite entertaining to be around.

No kidding?
I always had a faible for Prince Henrik. :)

No kidding?
I always had a faible for Prince Henrik. :)

Me too, and yes that's what she wrote me :) - Gitte Seeberg, the president of Danish WWF, had told another entertaining story about the prince at the party. I would love to hear more of the antics he's capable of :p

The dress is quite fun, but I don't like it on her. The print is over the top, and the cut is not very flattering to her figure. Cut the dress off to just above the knees and make the sleeves shorter (or tank) with a cute pair of pumps and that would have been good.

I don't think it was ;) Just got an email from my friend who attended; apparently the guests all looked 'normally dressed' for such occasions.

The only other incident of dressing up was when a huge panda entered the scene - and went up to the queen and patted her hair.....
..and then a widely grinning prince Henrik took of his panda head :D He sounds as if he's quite entertaining to be around.
Aww... how sweet!! He and Prince Phillip together would be a hoot!:lol:
Someone on TRF a while back, ( cannot remember who) who had been a guest of QM and Henrik told me that he is marvelous company, and superb with little kids- getting down on the floor, and playing with them.

I don´t like her lattest look. She looks like hippie Easter Egg

Crown Princess Mary at a dinner celebrating the WWF Denmark's 40-year anniversary today, May 30,

wearing a very special and very colourful dress :)

** Full view ** Full view 2 ** Upper part **

It's something that would be OK to wear on your holiday, as a tunic, over a bikini, maybe, but as an evening dress it's just plain ugly. The colours just hurt my eyes.

This is an outfit for summer on holidays with sandal I like it but it's wrong here and with those shoes I think she looks silly actually.
But at a dinner in high summer I think I would love it.

I hope she burned that dress and will never, ever, ever wear it again. Apparently the ladies and Henri decided to wear the worst things they had in their wardrobe last night.

I hope she burned that dress and will never, ever, ever wear it again. Apparently the ladies and Henri decided to wear the worst things they had in their wardrobe last night.

They drank the bong water instead of the champagne last night. They would have to have been stoned to think they were dressed nicely for a black tie event.

NGalitzine said:
They drank the bong water instead of the champagne last night. They would have to have been stoned to think they were dressed nicely for a black tie event.

Could you be any crueler? So you don't like the dress, there's no need to accuse them of being high.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom