Crown Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion Part 5: January - April 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny - as much as I love the first outfit, I hate the 2nd!
I find that vest/jacket top at the fashion show very ugly. As it seems, it's made in some cheap and uncomfortable looking leather. Plus, combined with all that black underneath... not my cup of tea at all.
The daytime outfit is fresh and pretty IMO. A beautiful winter skirt with just the perfect length to wear longer boots, a lively print blouse and light jacket - it all adds up to a very nice overall appearance, neither too formal nor too casual.

Last edited:
:previous:
Right you are. I find the pink-black ensemble awkward. Too much black and stiff pink piece do not match well.

Didn't we just see the black turtle-neck, long sleeved sweater underneath a puff- sleeved jacket before?? Whew. This time it was combined with a pink puff....Oh I think you get the idea. I liked it the first time as it reminded me of "leg o'mutton" sleeves but this time it just didn't work, imo.
I did love the the daytime look with the boots and pretty skirt. Very fresh and young...

Once again, different photo angles, different looks. These pics don't look at all like the first ones we saw of her outfit... and not nearly as nice as I first thought!

I like the pieces of the first outfit individually, but not together. The blouse and jacket look strange together. The jacket looks like it is a heavy material, and the blouse looks like it is a delicate fabric with some sort of applique. The skirt is nice, but again, these pieces don't look good together, IMO.

The second outfit also seems to have textures that don't really work together. A light-weight blouse over a black wintery-looking turtleneck with a thick leather belt. Again, the pieces are nice separately, but not in combination.

I wasnt too sure about the boots with the rest of the outfit in the PPE pics. The rest is fine by me.
The MB show I'm not so sure about the pink top. The theory's fine, but the execution was a bit off IMO...

Cannot stand the outfit at Marlene Birger show and agree Boris I too love the first. Crumbs alive the second is horrid.

I am not crazy about Mary's outfits from recent fashion shows. I prefer 2nd outfit: black pants, black top and pink?lavender? top on it. 1st outfit is too weird. The top is nice, but I agree with other posters that all parts of 1st outfit just don't add up. It is first time I see Mary wearing oots on official occasion.
Generally, I think Mary can do much better. :whistling:

The outfit from the Marlene Birger show reminded me of the outfit worn on Feb 5. Its too similar jacket sleeve wise. The leather short sleeve jacket isnt nice IMO becasue it looks to shiny and against the all the black it looks like Mary was trying too hard for the look.

The skirt outfit worn the next day was quite pretty. The top looked like lace or embroidery which the trimmings of the top was shown from under the jacket which I liked. The boots worked really well with the flowy skirt. Overall this look really worked for Mary.

Lace top was by heatmade.

Last edited:
For some reason I don't like the first outfit! I like the jacket and the skirt but not together! And also they do not allow the shape of Mary's body to be shown!

I think that the second outfit at Marlene Birger's fashionshow suits her better! And I also like the whole look!

I loved the jacket and the blouse from the 1st outfit.These boots,especially combined with this ugly skirt,could work only for a woman with an average body/weight.Mary has a beautiful slim figure,she doesn't need to hide it behind such awful pieces.From the 2nd outfit I loved the pink blouse and the belt,combined with these elegant trousers,but not the black turtle neck blouse.A white shirt would be much better!

I prefer 2nd outfit, with pants. Simply, elegant, appropriate for this occasion :D

I love the second outfit:flowers:
I don´t like the skirt in the first one, but the jacket and blouse are nice, and she looks good IMO:

I love both outfits.
The first one is fresh,nice combination of different material.Nice boots
The jacket in the second outfit is nice.But I would have prefered it with a less tight belt.Leather is a stif material and this type of belt distrort the nice shape of this jacket.
I like the combination of the colors

Well, as I'm sure many of you know, I like both outfits. Esp the skirt, boots combo one. The pink black one was nice too. But I much prefer the first. I would wear that. I personally never wear pink. But I guess that is personal preference for you. I think she looks very chic in both.

I personally love the combo of the delicate top and the wool jacket. It's a great texture combo.

I was going to say how much i loved both, but on closer inspection, i think the pink and black outfit looks uncomfortable and also adds on the kilos. The pink tops sleeves look like they are strangling her arms. I get that she was trying to soften the outfit with the blouse over the top of the black turtleneck but something just isn't quite right.
However i cannot praise the day outfit enough. I love the combo of jacket and blouse and boots and skirt. This is a fantastic outfit.

Her bags and earrings? That's the best one can say about her outfit? Time for an over-haul, me thinks! You are capable of sooo much more, Mary. :)

:previous: I am in total agreement. Suddenly CP Mary is sporting the latest "Baby Doll" fashion. Baby Doll clothes on anything other than prepubescent girls is really creepy and really desperate. Oh good grief, enough already. . . . call the Fashion Police! :eek:

What has happened to our chic and oh so elegant Mary? Is she having a mid-life crisis? Whatever it is I hope she gets over it soon because mutton dressed as lamb is never a good look! :blink: :devil2::doh:

first outfit - i thought that especially the full skirt looked hideous on mary, doesn't suit her figure at all. then the cheap-looking boots, something we usually see on kate middleton :eek:

second outfit - i thought that turtleneck was too black, too massive and the material of the top looks cheap, like pvc. the belt is strangling her waist :nonono:

yes MARG, i was wondering the same, what is going on? seems that mary wanted to be "fashionable" about everything else but forgot her own style and what suits her and what doesn't.

I love those boots. Not crazy about the cocktail hour top during the day and with a very daytime looking jacket infact YUK.

Awful boots :cool: Where are her Louboutins?
Generally,I hope she won't start experimenting with her style,she was already on the right path :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom