Crown Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion Part 5: January - April 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mary looks great, she is fantastic in mixing "older" clothes with new ones.

I am inclined to agree with Madame Royale. Crown Princess Marry pulled off the outfit. A soft beige palette nicely enhanced her complexion. A soft delicate blouse added a feminine touch to the whole ensemble. The jacket looked a bit rough in my opinion...

I like the jacket! I think the whole outfit was beautiful and feminine because of the colours. Very sophisticated! Wonderfully matched her complexion and hair colour!:flowers:

For me the red outfit was love on the second sight. When I first saw it I thought it completely strange and the more pics I see the more I love it!! It looks so elegant and yet neither boring nor traditiona. Very much her personal style. I think she once wore a similar coat in blue or purple, but can't find it anymore.

Yes she wore it also in purple.

For me the red coat was love at first sight when I saw for the first time in pictures by Last summer! It was amazing. Then she wore it with black loose trousers and a white blouse underneath! She was very sophisticated and elegant!
This time she wore it, she was more feminine! I also liked it!

I am wondering how thick is it? Because, you know, she wore it first in July and now in March at the never really cold Chicago so.........

I like the beige costume most, it might also be the safest outfit of the trip but for me it's the most perfect one. The other outfits included some fashion experiments that I thought went wrong (long shirt over short jacket, long sleeves combo with the red coat) what distracts people's thoughts too much from the purpose of the royal visit.

From the red outfit, I love the coat and I quite like the dress, but I don´t like the dress´sleeves. Dress and coat look amazing together though. The shoes are great
From the beige outfit: nothing to say. I just love the whole outfit :flowers:

I Love Princess Mary's Black outfit, incredible stylish.
I adore Frederik in the gown.
x

26 March « Myroyal’s Blog
(originally posted by anabell)
Crown Princess Mary is an acme of perfection
.:wub: I absolutely love the look, especially detailing on the jacket collar, tonal stripes, and blouse ruffles and plisse embellishments. The outfit is a masterful interpretation of the Edwardian style.

Mary's suit today is smart but the top maybe has too much going on

I have liked everything she has worn on the trip so far. LOVED the red coat and floral dress.

26 March « Myroyal’s Blog
(originally posted by anabell)
Crown Princess Mary is an acme of perfection.:wub: I absolutely love the look, especially detailing on the jacket collar, tonal stripes, and blouse ruffles and plisse embellishments. The outfit is a masterful interpretation of the Edwardian style.
I also LOVE IT! :previous: She looks divine! Very regal and sophisticated!

Well done once again Your Royal Highness!

I actually don't like the red coat and floral dress combo. I, however, think that the floral dress is lovely but not with the red coat. She could have used another type of coat with longer sleeves. Her beige outfit was great. I love the pants. Her black coat also looks nice.

I love the look with the dark coat / Louboutin shoes but not the suit / blouse combo. The suit looks ill-fitted, far too big and there is too much going on with the blouse. It might be designer but looks like second-hand from the 70ies.

The red coat with printed dress - Coat is beautiful, dress print is simple & nice but I dont like the sleeves.

Beige suit - By Prada, its flattering & not too fitted not too loose. It looked nice & I quite like the detailing on the jacket.

Suit - The black suit is way too big. The top is beautiful, color wise and the flowers on the neck look nice. Together, it worked well.

I like the black suit, but I don´t like it with the blue top. Together, the whole emsemble looks a bit overloaded.

Mary already wore the red coat last June forthe 350th anniversary of the Danish Life Guards. On another event of the same festivities she also wore a very simalar coat in purple/lavender.
Danish Royal Watchers: July 2008
(You have to scroll down a bit)

P.S. Sorry, I overlooked that jinigirl already posted pics of the 2 coats.

Thought she has looked just stunning this whole trip I have only just had computer acess today and have been dying to see and have not been disappointed. Loved it all thanks.

Mary and Fredrick looked great! I was so glad to see that they visited my home state of Colorado and they got some great news coverage. I'm also hoping that they left sometime last night as we are having a bad blizzard. Anyone know what the schedule is for today?

I saw the black pants suit and thought (at first) how boring, just a plain black suit...but I love the ruffled undershirt, (I bought one very similar only days ago but in black...) So anyway backto Mary, when I saw the suit jacket close up however I changed my tune, I thought it was unusual, quirky and knot (excuse the pun) a bit boring...It is a jacket with a twist with its knotted lapels...I like it and considering the occassion, she had to get her hands dirty (a bit) so it is a practical suit with some kooky highlights - blue ruffled shirt and knotted lapels...Mary did well...

And the white Dana outfit was nice too...but I liked her snakeskin Christian Louboutins best of all ;)

I also loved her outfits on this trip. I am excited to see what she wears in New York. I love the combo of recycled clothes and new clothes. It's classic style, with hints of unique style, and grace.

Blue Top

I would love to see the blue top without the jacket - its detail is amazing! Makes me wonder what the rest of it looks like :flowers:

doesn't this coat remind you all of mary's engagement coat? 5.jpg (image)

thanks about the designer info on mary's blue shirt. it's extremely beautiful. marlene birger really has some lovely clothing pieces.

Mary has been so elegant this whole visit. She really pulled most every look together IMO. Hair, make-up, shoes! Great job!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom