Crown Princess Máxima's Eveningwear Part 2: September 2009 - March 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dazzling

Former Moderator
City
-
Country
France
Welcome to
Crown Princess Máxima's Eveningwear Part 2
The previous thread can be found here

Here are some important TRF

Community Rules & FAQ's
  • In order to legally post copyrighted material, you must obtain written permission from the copyright owner.
  • No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
  • It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
  • Hotlinking of content from other websites is not permitted.
  • We expect our members to treat each other with respect.
  • Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
  • Empty posts, that is posts that do not add or contribute to the discussion, will be deleted without notice.
If you have any questions, please contact a member of the moderating team.

Happy posting!:flowers:

Royal House of Fashion Moderators
Mandy, TheTruth, Glitteringtiaras & dazzling

The beautiful pink gala gown from NY was designed by Jan Taminiau: Reina Máxima - Moda: El estilo de Maxima/Maxima's style (scroll down)

Gala dress by Jan Taminiau made of several layers of very pale pink silk organza, with all over Swarovski crystals . The skirt is wide and forms a small train in the back. The hem has four sets of sequined trim, in silver, and Swarovski crystals. The trim is repeated in the bust and in the back.

A glittering occasion as Maxima and Willem mark Prince's day in The Hague
The dress she wore to the opening of parlament looks kinds of dowdy.......and like it's not fitting right across the bust.

I love the dress and the colour. I think that the headpiece it what makes the outfit look a bit dowdy or matronly on Maxima. Considering the petals on the dress, I would have loved to have seen Maxima simply wear flowers in her hair rather than that headpiece or a regular hat.

:previous: I agree. The jacket and top are very nice. I love the white detail on the jacket's edge. There is something about the trousers that doesn't look quite right. They aren't very flattering.

Well, it's no t so bad but rather strange...

The skirt makes Maxima look far bigger than necessary.

The tights confuse me - are they very sheer and its the cameras and lights that make them look grey, or are they actually grey???

I do like the top and her hair

I think Maxima looks good or let's put it that way: she has looked much, much worse at evening events.
The only thing I don't like are the shoes, yes everyone gets the fact that Maxima can afford Louboutins but the red soles don't look good with every outfit, they actually spoil the look for me.

This hairdo is perfect!She looks stunning here!I loved everything except for this skirt.Its shape is a bit odd,that's why it's quite unflattering.

I really like this outfit and I love the hair. I thought she looked lovely, I'm not sure why one ops for costume earrings when you have a treasure trove of your own in real, but... thats just MO!!

The beautiful pink gala gown from NY was designed by Jan Taminiau: Reina Máxima - Moda: El estilo de Maxima/Maxima's style (scroll down)

Gala dress by Jan Taminiau made of several layers of very pale pink silk organza, with all over Swarovski crystals . The skirt is wide and forms a small train in the back. The hem has four sets of sequined trim, in silver, and Swarovski crystals. The trim is repeated in the bust and in the back.

Now there is a lady who knows how to recycle clothes and always make herself look glamourous. She always looks so happy with her life!
Bravo Maxima:flowers:

I like the top and the skirt, but not together. Very pretty hairdo :flowers:

Positive: Love everything from the waist UP= black sequin top, beautiful hair, gorgeous earrings, basic wrap.:flowers:

Negative: Untlattering skirt- slit makes her thigh look huge when walking & tights do not minimize her legs. :bang:

Neutral: Shoes I'm ok with, but nothing spectacular.

Smile? Dazzling!!!:rose:

She looks absolutely gorgeous! Especially, I like her hair very much!

Love the hair, the earrings and I agree the top is very nice but again nothing goes together. The skirt is it appears far too "dayified" it's odd and the split well, what is her stylist trying to do?

I love the outfit. I love her heels and it makes a change to see her in darker stockings.

28-10-2009 Princess Maxima attended the openings performance of the Holland Dance Festival, 50 Years of Challenging Dance of the Dutch Dans Theater at the Lucent Danstheater in The Hague.

Full View1 -- Full View2 -- Close Up

Back View -- Another Full View
Hair1-- Hair2 -- Hair3 -- Hair4 (I liked her hair very much)

I looked at lots of websites for seeing Maxima's bag & shoes better, but I couldn't find a good one.
Bag

Last edited by a moderator:
In the last picture posted by Turkish Delight, they actually look like mother and daughter

Everyone looks so nice. I like this dress and jacket. Not sure why she wears it on her shoulders and not on. Maybe she should have it made into a wrap. Love the tahitian pearls!!

Never really been a fan of this dress- it has always looked like "coat tweed" material to me. But Maxima seems to pull it off well, she and the Queen coordinate well together- the Tahitian south sea pearls ARE TO DIE FOR! Love 'em.....Not a big fan of the grey (suede?) purse, looks daytime to me.

You're right, it does have similarities with "coat tweed" but at the same time, I love that she is wearing a gown in something a little different. I mean, its not one of the traditional fabrics for a gown and I like that. I would love to see her wear it with a silk wrap in a similar tone, or in a black for contrast next time she wears it though, just to make it look that little bit different, and to add more richness and contrast to the outfit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom