Future Home for Prince Harry

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As he will drop in importance as William and Kate have children an apartment at KP should be satisfactory for Harry.

In four years time he will possibly be down to 5th - where Beatrice is now so nothing more than that - like Princess Margaret.

There is already a whole thread about it here.

William will move to CH, and Harry will move into PM's old apt. It is easier to justify the millions for the redo for 2rd in line, but not the current spare. JMO.

I'll post my comment at the old thread. thanks for the heads up!

I could see Harry having and apartment in Kensington Palace and using Frogmore as country retreat. But it does need updating since it hasn't been updated since around 1986.

Charles has already stated he intends to live at Windsor and turn BP into offices etc. I would think William & Kate would take over Clarence House. Harry may then possibly move into the current apt(cottage) William & Kate have til he marries, then into the renovated apartment of Princess Margaret.

William & Kate have til he marries, then into the renovated apartment of Princess Margaret.

Well that kinda depends on if he gets married before the Queen passes. If he marries before that then he would have to find another apartment at KP.

Well that kinda depends on if he gets married before the Queen passes. If he marries before that then he would have to find another apartment at KP.

Good point. I hadn't thought of that.

I can't see Harry taking over Highgrove - it is also quite an expansive place to run.

William will have the Duchy of Cornwall-Income one day - but Harry won't have that much - he will have to live on s.th like Edward right now.

Harry will have his inheritance, which is quite substantial.

Harry will inherit half of his mother's estate when he turns 30...I think he will live a comfortable life.

LaRae

As for moving in with his brother and sister in law? Bit too clingy much?

Harry has NOT moved in with his brother and sister in law. He moved to Kensignton palace but has his own self-contained flat in a different area of the palace grounds! A lot of other members of the royal family also live at Kensington Palace, but they all have their own flats. They're neighbours but they don't live together.

The royal is living in a one-bedroom former staff property near William and Kate’s cottage at Kensington Palace
Kate Middleton and Prince William get a new neighbour at Kensington Palace... Prince Harry - Mirror Online

Harry has NOT moved in with his brother and sister in law.]

Excuse me but did I say they had moved in with each other?

I was replying to a post which stated that;

For now his 1 bedroom apartment is fine until he moves into the small cottage W&K live in.

Nowhere did I say he was currently living with his brother and sister in law.

Oh, sorry, if I misunderstood that!

Anyway, he's currently living in the one-bed flat and will move into the cottage after William and Kate move into their own flat in the palace, so definitely won't be living with them, just near them.

I would expect the Cambridges to relocate to Clarence House when Charles becomes king, and Harry to move to their new apartment in KP.

Not sure what will happen to Birkhall and Highgrove - seeing as the Cambridges already have a large house at Sandringham perhaps one of them will go to Harry.

I would expect the Cambridges to relocate to Clarence House when Charles becomes king, and Harry to move to their new apartment in KP.

Not sure what will happen to Birkhall and Highgrove - seeing as the Cambridges already have a large house at Sandringham perhaps one of them will go to Harry.

Highgrove is owned by the Duchy of Cornwall though, so technically it should be used by the Duke of Cornwall or it might be rented out to Harry.

Before I realized that it was owned by the Duchy, it not Charles himself, I thought Highgrove should have been given to Harry.

The Cambridges would go to Birkhall, and Charles to Balmoral

I always thought Harry would get Highgrove, but who knows.

And the Palace has never confirmed that the Cambridges are going to Anmer Hall.

I don't think Harry would get Clarence House. It is too much for a third-in-line. Historically it was the house of minor royals. It was first used by the Duke of Edinburgh (Queen Victoria's second son Alfred) and later the Duke of Connaught (Queen Victoria's third son Arthur), but since the late 1940s it was used as the residence of the heir (then-Princess Elizabeth, Prince Charles) and widows of a reigning king (Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother). I remember reading that Prince Charles & Diana would eventually move into Clarence House after the Queen Mother's death, and that's why they didn't mind their Kensington Palace apartment.

I think Harry should just reside at Kensington Palace. Eventually the apartments of the Duke of Kent, the Michaels of Kents, and the Duke of Gloucester will be available and they would be good enough for the son of a monarch.

I honestly hope that the Cambridges don't move out of Kensington Palace when Charles succeeds. It just seems like so much of a waste to renovated one of the grandest apartments and then move out.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just don't see it - Harry the organic farmer; Jamie Oliver stops by to get some zucchini! :lol:

I just don't see it - Harry the organic farmer; Jamie Oliver stops by to get some zucchini! :lol:

I forget sometimes that Highgrove isn't just a house, but a farm as well.

Maybe when Charles becomes king Highgrove will stay with the Duchy of Cornwall, continue to be an organic farm, and ceased to being a private residence for the current Duke of Cornwall, but a public house that could be toured or rented.

Charles served in the military until his late twenties. Highgrove was not bought until the year before his marriage. Charles at 28 was not the same as Charles at 35 or even 65.

Why assume that Harry's interests will not develop?

There is no reason Harry couldn't live at Highgrove and someone manage the farm. I doubt Charles does much of the actual labour he just oversees what is done. It would have a manager etc already so there is no reason it couldn't go on with Harry living in the house. He could rent it or maybe he will buy his own place when he get's married? William is taken care off but I don't see Harry as ever being homeless there are plenty of places he could probably have. Kate and William may not want to move from KP when Charles becomes King and Harry might get Clarence House. The Queen is at Windsor a lot more these days and it works so Charles could do the same thing BP is said to be not as homely and as long as everything get's done does anyone really care if they are at BP?

Hasn't it been established, though, that Highgrove is part of the Duchy of Cornwall? I would assume that would mean it's not Charles' to give to his sons as he pleases, it goes with the other Duchy estates to the new Duke of Cornwall, which would be William.

I'm confused here...

If historically, Clarence House was for minor royals, and was first used by a monarch's second son, how would it be too much for Harry, who in the future will be the monarch's second son?

Hasn't it been established, though, that Highgrove is part of the Duchy of Cornwall? I would assume that would mean it's not Charles' to give to his sons as he pleases, it goes with the other Duchy estates to the new Duke of Cornwall, which would be William.

But that wouldn't stop William leasing it to Harry

I was trying to say that even though Clarence House was used for minor royals in the past, ever since the late 1940s it has only been used by high-ranking members of the royal family (a heiress presumptive, a dowager queen, and a Prince of Wales).

So yes, even though Clarence House used to be residences for minor royals, times have changed. Now the Queen's children (besides the Prince of Wales) don't have huge residences in the city, like they would have in Queen Victoria's time. They have apartments at Buckingham Palace, and their main residences are their country estates.

Here is my guess as to how the property re-alignment might take place once Charles is King:

> William & Catherine move to Clarence House as their principal London home. Their country homes become Anmer Hall and Highgrove. They also get Birkhall to use when visiting Scotland

> Harry moves to W&C's KP apartment and rets another property to the West of London: either on the Windsor estate or possibly the home the Duchy did up in Herefordshire. This will allow William and Harry to have homes that are not too far apart. Once William is King, Harry may get Anmer as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom