The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-04-2017, 06:34 PM
Imperial Majesty

If the Queen didn't travel in a car or closed carriage three days after the 7/7 bombings I doubt she would do so again - unless it is wet.

At the patron's lunch there were about 10,000 people as opposed to about 500,000. Those attending the lunch were checked but not those who were in the parks around about watching on the big screens (I was one of those as well).

Old 06-04-2017, 07:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

This is what they want. Frightened people not doing what they have planned to do. You cannot tell where an attack will take place next, so not doing one thing makes you no more safe than anything else. Do not let them ruin our way of life. The queen won't hide underneath a seat, neither should you. Otherwise, they have won. Muslims do not have to apologize for terrorist acts, they just need to publicly condemn them.

Old 06-05-2017, 03:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Roya Nikkhah‏ @RoyaNikkhah
The Duke of Cambridge will take the salute at the Colonel's Review, Horse Guards Parade June 10, final prep for the Queen's Birthday Parade
Old 06-07-2017, 02:33 PM
Heir Apparent

The Army in London‏ @ArmyInLondon
Excitement is mounting: this Saturday HRH Prince William will take parade for the 1st time on Colonel's Review to judge QBP2017 fit for HMQ

https://twitter.com/ArmyInLondon/sta...16328120348672
Old 06-08-2017, 12:52 PM
Heir Apparent

The Army in London‏ @ArmyInLondon
Excitement is mounting: this Saturday HRH Prince William will take parade for the 1st time on Colonel's Review to judge QBP2017 fit for HMQ

https://twitter.com/ArmyInLondon/sta...16328120348672
Old 06-09-2017, 10:19 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
On Saturday June 10th Prince William will judge the readiness of his Regiment, the Irish Guards, to Troop their Colour in front of his grandmother HM The Queen on Her official birthday on June 17th.

This is the first time he has had this duty since becoming Royal Colonel Irish Guards in 2011. He will take the Colonel's Review on Saturday 10th June on Horse Guards Parade riding his trusted mount Wellesley in front of an audience of 6,000 guests.

Captain Jimmy Parke, Irish Guards is stationed at the Cavalry Barracks in Hounslow, west London. He said: "As a battalion, this is the first time we've trooped the Colour in front of Her Majesty since 2009.

"This is a really proud moment for the Irish Guards, especially to be able to have our Royal Colonel, Prince William, on parade as well." He added that key to the preparations will be the Irish Guards' faithful mascot Domhnall, a four-year-old Irish wolfhound, who will lead out the parade. The canine mascot is unique to the Irish Guards, with each one named after ancient kings of Ireland.

Also looking forward to the big day is Captain Freddy Simpson. "This will be our first Queen's Birthday Parade with HRH the Duke of Cambridge as our Royal Colonel," he said. "We are honoured that he has granted us this privilege and that he chose to marry in our uniform. HRH the Duchess of Cambridge has been kind enough to present a shamrock to the regiment at our St Patrick's Day parade over the last few years. This weekend before the Queen's Birthday Parade we will conduct a full dress rehearsal, The Colonel’s Review, on Horse Guards Parade, at which HRH the Duke will inspect us to ensure we are ready to go."
Read more:Prince William to judge readiness of Irish Guards - British Army Website
Old 06-09-2017, 11:52 PM
Heir Apparent

First time since 2009 the Irish Guards will Troop the Colour. Also the first time The Duke Of Cambridge will take the salute as regimental colonel during the Colonel's Review.
Old 06-10-2017, 06:57 AM
Majesty

Prince William, Duke of Cambridge attends the Colonel's Review at the Queen Victoria Memorial on June 10, 2017 in London, England.

Prince William Photos Photos - Colonel's Review - Zimbio

Video

https://www.facebook.com/ArmyInLondo...0527993010675/
Old 06-10-2017, 07:20 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUNTESS View Post
This is what they want. Frightened people not doing what they have planned to do. You cannot tell where an attack will take place next, so not doing one thing makes you no more safe than anything else. Do not let them ruin our way of life. The queen won't hide underneath a seat, neither should you. Otherwise, they have won. Muslims do not have to apologize for terrorist acts, they just need to publicly condemn them.
The president of the United States is no longer allowed to ride in an open car or carriage, so why should the Queen ?

I know that may sound heretic to many posters here, but it is not fair that the Queen should put herself in danger just because she is a national symbol. Having said that, I think however that a direct attack on the Queen is unlikely.
Old 06-10-2017, 09:04 AM
Imperial Majesty

One of the most spectacular times you get a glimpse of what the future King William V will look like when he inspect his troops.
Prince William practices for Trooping the Colour parade* | Daily Mail Online

A.W. TOZER
Old 06-10-2017, 01:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Old 06-10-2017, 03:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Thank you for the video showcasing British pageantry at its best.
Old 06-10-2017, 04:29 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I was totally in agreement that this is British pageantry at its best until it finally sunk into my caffeine deprived head that this was *practice*. If practice makes perfect, then next week's Trooping the Color will be extraordinary.

Also, to go ahead and do what is normally done at this time of the year to celebrate the Queen's birthday sends a clear message that the British people stand strong and united and will not buckle under the threat of terrorism in fear.

Keep calm and carry on was totally displayed by today's practice. Its not often too that one gets to see a Prince Charming on his white horse.
Old 06-11-2017, 08:26 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I was totally in agreement that this is British pageantry at its best until it finally sunk into my caffeine deprived head that this was *practice*. If practice makes perfect, then next week's Trooping the Color will be extraordinary.

Also, to go ahead and do what is normally done at this time of the year to celebrate the Queen's birthday sends a clear message that the British people stand strong and united and will not buckle under the threat of terrorism in fear.

Keep calm and carry on was totally displayed by today's practice. Its not often too that one gets to see a Prince Charming on his white horse.

Again, the POTUS does not ride in open carriages as the Brits may have noticed when George W Bush and Barack Obama paid state visits to the Queen. Basically, the so-called "Secret Service", who is responsible for the president's security, does not allow him to do so. Nevertheless, at least in the US, I've never seen or heard anyone arguing that, by refusing to be in open cars, the president is buckling under fear or weakening the national resolve.

In the end, it may be the case that the personal threat to the Queen or other members of the Royal Family is perceived to be low enough to warrant a calculation that the negative impact of the people seeing the Queen in a closed carriage would outweigh the potential benefits in terms of increased security. I just don't think it should be such a big deal. In other words, I agree that calling off public ceremonies altogether would be a mistake and would definitely send signs of weakness, but adding common sense extra security to scheduled events is reasonable and proportionate IMHO.
Old 06-11-2017, 03:11 PM
Majesty

"With less than a week to go until the Queen’s Birthday Parade, we thought we’d give you an insight into what goes on behind the scenes. Take a look at how Lance Corporal Belham prepares Pharaoh for the parade."

https://www.facebook.com/TheBandofTh...2691885431332/
Old 06-12-2017, 07:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Sarah-jane Sewell‏ @sarahjanesewell
Great fun at #TroopingtheColour on Saturday. Spot Prince William @KensingtonRoyal!

https://twitter.com/sarahjanesewell/...84954196717569
Old 06-16-2017, 09:20 PM
Imperial Majesty

Trooping the Colour 2017: 10:30am on BBC ONE
BBC One - Trooping the Colour

Watch outside the U.K. Here-
http://tvpc.us/ChannelList.php

A.W. TOZER
Old 06-16-2017, 09:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

1. Now that I live in Norway, I can't describe how much I miss the mediahhh app.

2. Warning to posters here - be a bit careful when you use the tvpc site.
Old 06-16-2017, 11:06 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROYAL NORWAY View Post
1. Now that I live in Norway, I can't describe how much I miss the mediahhh app.

2. Warning to posters here - be a bit careful when you use the tvpc site.
I miss the app too. I wonder what happened to it? It used to be easy to use it instead of tvpc and other sites. I'm going to try to watch the Trooping, but I think BBC America and the BBC News should also broadcast the event.

A.W. TOZER
Old 06-16-2017, 11:28 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I just checked my BBCA channel and Trooping the Color is not listed at all as part of what will be shown. Its a shame as I would think they would televise it.

Eventually it will be on YouTube and that's where I'll watch it.

Tags
ceremonies, official birthday, trooping the colour