Trooping the Colour 2003-2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm glad to see the BBC is staying with the whole ceremony. Until recently, they'd drop the live coverage as the Queen departed Horse Guards and leave the return and the flypast for the edited highlights in the evening.

Just love seeing The Duke of Kent with The Queen.

Just mentioned, there will be gun salutes for the birth of the Duke & Duchess of Cambridge's baby by The Kings Troop next month.

I am disappointed James wasn't on the balcony.

Weird to see Edward in a uniform and Andrew in "civies"

Weird to see Edward in a uniform and Andrew in "civies"

Edward is wearing the uniform of honorary colonel of the London regiment. He wears it at Trooping and Andrew has always travelled with his daughters in a suit.

What is going to happen next year..If the Duke of Kent is still advised not to ride..And the DoE is going to attend?
They three can come in the same carriage..if an open one. But I doubt three will fit in a glass coach..It seems so suffocating.
Any guesses whats going to happen in that scenario?

What is going to happen next year..If the Duke of Kent is still advised not to ride..And the DoE is going to attend?
They three can come in the same carriage..if an open one. But I doubt three will fit in a glass coach..It seems so suffocating.

I think, that it is time to appoint HRH Prince Henry of Wales a royal colonel, so HRH The Duke of Kent could retire

change of generations is inevitable....

I may be mistaken, but I think it was said during the commentary that the original plans were for the Duke of Kent to have his own barouche (carriage) in the procession.

catherine look realy perfect today. the queen look some sad, maybe is hard for her that phillips don't was there with her.

the duke of kent is the next o age to the queen? I mean, he is the most old royal family male member after the queen and phillip?

and really is james????????????

I may be mistaken, but I think it was said during the commentary that the original plans were for the Duke of Kent to have his own barouche (carriage) in the procession.

So, I hope the Duchess of Kent attend next year. It'll be better than the Duke alone in a carriage.

the duke of kent is the next o age to the queen? I mean, he is the most old royal family male member after the queen and phillip??

No, the Duchess of Kent is older than him, she's 80.

But the Duke is the oldest surviving first cousin of the Queen, at least at her paternal side.

Surprise : Little James was definitely on the balcony.

So, I hope the Duchess of Kent attend next year. It'll be better than the Duke alone in a carriage.

The Duke of Kent is always in the same procession as the Queen, as he is Colonel of the Scots Guards. Normally he would be mounted. The possibility of using a carriage is if he cannot ride. I think that the Duchess would not accompany him as she is not part of this military procession.

This is separate to the carriage procession which includes the Duchess of Cornwall etc. The Duchess of Kent goes to Horseguards by car.

And thanks to those who put me right on the carriage procession - I really didnt remember that there was one going to Horseguards. :flowers:

No, the Duchess of Kent is older than him, she's 80.

But the Duke is the oldest surviving first cousin of the Queen, at least at her paternal side.
ok , so the duke of kent is the blood family male more close to age to the queen.
thanks so much:flowers:

at last james in the balcony!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, there are varied and strong opinions about things today. Mine is that I am thrilled that the pregnant Duchess of Cambridge, when declared that she would not/could not/should not ride in a carriage - DID! Proving yet again that a healthy woman-with-child can lead a quite normal life. :ROFLMAO:

Wow, there are varied and strong opinions about things today. Mine is that I am thrilled that the pregnant Duchess of Cambridge, when declared that she would not/could not/should not ride in a carriage - DID! Proving yet again that a healthy woman-with-child can lead a quite normal life. :ROFLMAO:

And James making binocular eyes is too cute, and quite looking a normal child as well. ;)

ok , so the duke of kent is the blood family male more close to age to the queen.
thanks so much:flowers:

Yes, but Her Majesty is ten years older than His Royal Highness.

The Queen's oldest first cousin was The Hon. Mary Elphinstone (1911-1980), who a niece of the Queen Mother.

Her Majesty's oldest surviving first cousin is Lady Mary Clayton, born in 1917, another niece of the Queen Mother.

Catherine was always going to attend the Trooping.

Yes, but Her Majesty is ten years older than His Royal Highness.

The Queen's oldest first cousin was The Hon. Mary Elphinstone (1911-1980), who a niece of the Queen Mother.

Her Majesty's oldest surviving first cousin is Lady Mary Clayton, born in 1917, another niece of the Queen Mother.
yes, the queen is more older.
in her father bloodline's the duje of kent is the next to her.

why the duke of york don't ue a military uniform?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom