Trooping the Colour 2003-2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My personal favourites are Princess Michael, who looked great a-la Mrs. Jackie Kennedy, and Countess of Wessex. It was refreshing to see that Countess wore something besides her favourite satellite-type or asymmetrical hats. I liked Duchess' of Cornwall light-coloured outfit, but the "bushy" hat is all right. She can not take risk of wearing some avant-garde piece of clothes... So let her play with hats.

Lady Louise

Come on now!!! Still no Lady Louise. I loved the duchess:bang: hat, Sophie looked great also Autumn.

Princess Michael's ensemble was so knock out elegant that I really don't think that any further comment on it is necessary. The Duchess of Gloucester was also soooo elegant as well.

some more
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected sophie and the duchess of gloucester deep in conservation - she really is looking so young and very elegant for her age
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected great aerial view
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected a close up of the explosion on Camilla's head
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected picture showing that her coat is too small on her as its pulling (actually looking at the pale green colour which is a very nice shade it reminds me of the outfit she wore to her daughter's wedding it could even be the same coat??)
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected on closer inspection Sophie's hat doesnt quite match her outfit
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected close up of Autumn and Camilla

Last edited:
There was some other royals at balcony today, but I did not see, who they were (too small pictures..). There were duke of Kent, but who was next to him? it could not possibly be the duchess of Kent...?

Last edited:
I thought both Autumn and Princess Michael looked fantastic.

Actually, the queen looked nice. Camilla wears the same tired look time and time again. It looks like someone shot a flock over her head and they and a flowerpot landed on her head. Enough!!

Camilla is wearing a headpiece appropriate for a small child who is a flowergirl at a wedding - the headpiece looks ridiculous!
The Queen who has looked sensational lately looks too stark in her monocromatic turquoise outfit. She needs a printed scarf or another color up near her face to break up the harshness of the color. The whole effect too hard looking on her.

I just can't get used to seeing Anne on the balconey in uniform.

I like Camilla's hat but not for her. She looked like a girl...Maybe for Sophie but not for her. No Yorks at the Trooping? I like the Duchess of Gloucester. She's lovely.

I think the feathered head pieces are becoming DoC's trademark now. And they look good on her.

What's confusing me is why William has the Garter sash and star on? I thought the Garter ceremony is Monday.

What's confusing me is why William has the Garter sash and star on? I thought the Garter ceremony is Monday.
I think the Queen has invested (Not sure whether the word is right) William earlier on in May or so, rather than at the actual Ceremony on Monday. So as a Knight of the Garter, he is allowed to wear it.

How much is that 'unplucked' Camilla in the window...:whistling:

I like feathers, and I like flowers...but it's all we see her wear atm...:ohmy:

I'm currently of a similar mind with the Crown Princess of Denmark, in that Mary seems to have given up on hats altogether at this point in time.

I do like the Duchess in hats though, and large one's with feathers at that.

On a different note...

William looked superb!!! I confess I hardly follow the younger generation of royals as I find them dull and uninspiring, but boy did he look dashing in the Order of the Garter...he wears it so well. He reminded me, in some way, of the late Duke of Clarence (awaits Polly's charge..haha.)

Last edited:
I agree about Camilla William divine and thought Autumn looked lovely and wish I could have found some better ones of Sophie. The Queen looked FAB

It always amazes me how every year Princess Michael edges her way up to the middle, next to the main members of the royal family, this time next to Prince William. The Duke and Duchess of Gloust. and Kent should be there!:bang: here's princess pushy for you!!!

Last edited:
Camilla is wearing a headpiece appropriate for a small child who is a flowergirl at a wedding - the headpiece looks ridiculous!

I remember the queen mother and her love for flowers and frills and feathers on her head. Maybe that's what Charles likes and Camilla wears her headgear not to please us but him.

Why should she dress to please her husband? Or, dress to typify his late grandmothers choice of fashion. That's got a rather creepy element to it, imo.

I'd have thought, and would hope, that Camilla should dress to her liking first and foremost and if her husband happens to admire her taste, then that's a bonus.

Why should she dress to please her husband? Or, dress to typify his late grandmothers choice of fashion. That's got a rather creepy element to it, imo.

I'd have thought, and would hope, that Camilla should dress to her liking first and foremost and if her husband happens to admire her taste, then that's a bonus.

I only wanted to point out two things:

1. Camilla is not the first in the RF to have fun with feathers, flowers and frills.
2. Most women are content if their choice of fashion is liked by their husbands - they need not public applause to feel good with their choice but it's nice to get it from hubby.

Don't see where anything remotely "creepy" come into it.

Then it must have been the way you worded it because it read to me that Camilla may infact dress somewhat like the late QM to make Charles happy. So yeah, that would be creepy.

Clearly a misunderstanding now corrected.

I only wanted to point out two things:

1. Camilla is not the first in the RF to have fun with feathers, flowers and frills.
2. Most women are content if their choice of fashion is liked by their husbands - they need not public applause to feel good with their choice but it's nice to get it from hubby.

Don't see where anything remotely "creepy" come into it.
I thought the hat exuberant, with the sun catching the tiny leaves it was very springlike. Would I choose it for myself.. no, but then like most women I have my own idea of what suits me. For most women it is a miracle if their outfit is liked by their husband, but then we are in an age where women are allowed to dress to please themselves are we not? Like you, I am puzzled as to why wearing something your husband likes is creepy. Look on it this way, Camilla doesn't do expected or boring.

At least Sophie was not in one of her Paddington Bear hats, although I feared she might take off! :D

HM was nice and bright and foot tapping happy. :D

Last edited:
they may need to remodel I Loved seeing William and Henry it appears William is a full Lieutenant
I don't believe he is entitled to become a full Lieutenant until December, when it will be 2 years since he passed out.:flowers:

I now know where my flower bush ended up, on Camilla. What a hat to wear, its just too much and with her hair im lost for words.

Sophie looked lovely, loved her outfit, loved how radiant she looked. Not much a fan of her hat though.

Queen looked very colorful which I really liked, its good to see her in bright colors at that age.

The Balconey pictures are lovely of the family, only was missing the young royal girls, Prince Andrews daughters.

Back
Top Bottom