The Royal Windsor Horse Show 1: 2005-2009, 2014-2015, 2017-2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by HenRach Dominion View Post
"If it's A Gallop through History, I wonder if the children are supposed to represent the future, and their carriage is the last one in the program."

I love the thought of this but the live show runs from approx 8.00pm to 10.15pm, well past all their bedtimes. Would they really have babies out at that time of night?

Sorry; only saw this thread after I'd posted this in Platinum Jubilee thread.

It is a one off special event, I am sure lots of people have kept their kids up a bit later than usual for a special occasion.

Wonderful to see the queen present and beaming too!

Video from today

Lovely to see QE accompanied by her son Prince Edward and his wife Sophie, Countess of Wessex. And, especially nice as she watched her pony win first place in the Highlands Class. A golden moment in time!

I adore Louise’s natural hair - it’s gorgeous and she’s very lucky. No one else seems to have naturally curly hair in the family.

I love it too!
But I always considered Her Majestys natural hair as curly, although not in the intensity Louise's seems to be.

I am so happy to see HM and looking so well. The Wessex family are so gracious and I agree Lady Loiuse id just a natural charming young woman and it is marvellous to see

If Royals did hands-on gardening or book reading, it would cost less then equestrian sports.

If Royals did hands-on gardening or book reading, it would cost less then equestrian sports.

Are you suggesting our royals never read a book. I am sure they have gardeners to be fair.

I adore Louise’s natural hair - it’s gorgeous and she’s very lucky. No one else seems to have naturally curly hair in the family.
She is really a natural beautiful girl !

She is lucky and worn in the modern way she suits it well. HM had her hair cut short as a child and it was and still is wavy and curly as a young woman, but these days she needs a hairdresser to achieve her signature look.

The PoW is a well known gardener. Reportedly the Cambridges and Wessexes enjoy it too. As far as I know they all read too.

Lovely to see QE accompanied by her son Prince Edward and his wife Sophie, Countess of Wessex. And, especially nice as she watched her pony win first place in the Highlands Class. A golden moment in time!

The monarch's continuing good health (mobility issues aside) is indeed a blessing. Long may it continue.

Louise could easily be living a century ago based on these pictures... She gives off an old-school nobility vibe.

Louise could easily be living a century ago based on these pictures... She gives off an old-school nobility vibe.

She is very like her Great Grandmother, and has q rather old fashioned dress sense. Not a criticism each to their own. But it sets her in any era.

Lovely to see the Princess Royal,husband,son and granddaughters enjoying the Gallop Through History Platinum Jubilee celebration yesterday :previous:

So lovely to see the girls. Isla is such a Windsor. Image of Zara, Anne, Louise and the Queen.

I 100% agree with this. I think, out of all of HM The Queen's great-grandchildren, Isla is the most Windsor of them all.

I 100% agree with this. I think, out of all of HM The Queen's great-grandchildren, Isla is the most Windsor of them all.

Well many are too young to tell. But yes. She is.

Of her grandchildren as well the only real Windsors are Peter, Zara. Louise and to a certain extent William. The York girls are very like their mother.

I’m almost afraid to ask…

…but what does Tom Cruise have to do with the Jubilee? I can’t help remember HM parachuting into the stadium at the Olympics. Will it be a motorbike this time? :eek:

…but what does Tom Cruise have to do with the Jubilee? I can’t help remember HM parachuting into the stadium at the Olympics. Will it be a motorbike this time? :eek:

A number celebrities were asked to join in with the RWHS ceremony - Helen Mirren, Alan Tishmarsh. I think he is the only one the press are making a story about.

I've never been much of a Tom Cruise fan but I think this the most handsome he's ever looked.

Is that Prince Hassan bin Talal sitting next to the Queen? Penelope Knatchbull is sitting next to Prince Edward.

I read on another site that each preview night of the Gallop event featured an appearance by Princess Anne and spouse, Earl and Countess of Wessex, and then Princess Beatrice. I'm going to assume -- JMHO -- that Beatrice was the substitute for her father. ???

This seems likely IMO - each night having one of the Queen's younger children present and Beatrice representing the York branch.

Yes it looks like Prince Hassan bin Talal, he and his wife seem to attend these Horse Shows and the races quite alot with the BRF.

Well many are too young to tell. But yes. She is.

Of her grandchildren as well the only real Windsors are Peter, Zara. Louise and to a certain extent William. The York girls are very like their mother.

I disagree about Beatrice York. She has Sarah's coloring, but her features are thoroughly Hanover-Windsor.

So much so that's rather uncanny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom