State Visit from the President of the United States: May 24-26, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Michelle Obama likes to mix and match her pieces. Sometimes it works, sometimes (like today) it doesn't. The dress itself is gorgeous but looks like a cocktail dress; the fabric is too shiny, more appropriate for an evening event. I like how Mrs. O will pair inexpensive items with expensive pieces, but I wish she'd stop dressing inappropriately for the time of day. The pink jacket definitely clashes with the mint-green dress. Maybe at a cocktail party, she can pull off the daring color combo, but not during daytime audience with the Queen.

i'm also delighted william and kate decided to join the visit. kate looks fantastic and holidays seem to have done her good. it is hard to not notice the tan!
i also keep my fingers crossed to see if they will join the queen for an official dinner :)

It would be a treat to see if Kate shows up this evening for the dinner in her tiara. How wonderful would that be?

It would be wonderful if it were happening, but neither her nor William will be at this evening's state dinner.

It would be wonderful if it were happening, but neither her nor William will be at this evening's state dinner.

boooo! :lol:
2 hours ago I was so surprised and pleased to the Cambridges and Obamas together, wasn't expecting it! and now I want more! Yes, we should be happy with the pictures but it would be great to see Catherine' fashion choice during the state dinner. :whistling:

I've read that Catherine and Prince William received a wedding present from President and First Lady Obama today: six donated MacBook Notebook computers to Peace Players International in Belfast Ireland, a charity of the Duke and Duchess’ choosing.
Very nice :)

Last edited:
Very classy and thoughtful of the Obamas, ICAM.

They were not strictly bound to give a gift to the newlyweds since they were not invited to the wedding...but I am glad they did.

Good on them, or the Office of Protocol if it was THEIR idea.....:lol:

It was great seeing Kate and Michelle. I too would have loved to been a fly on the wall. Kate's dress is to die for and her body too LOL wish I could pull off that dress! I can't wait to see the Queen and Michelle at the State Dinner and Camilla too. I hope they do it up and wear fabulous jewels and gowns.

I thought the D of Ca looked really good, Michelle Obama looks nice but not like she's meeting the Queen of England. It would have been nice to see the Cambridges tonight but seeing them at least once is already a treat!

It was great seeing Kate and Michelle. I too would have loved to been a fly on the wall. Kate's dress is to die for and her body too LOL wish I could pull off that dress! I can't wait to see the Queen and Michelle at the State Dinner and Camilla too. I hope they do it up and wear fabulous jewels and gowns.

I'd love to have HRH's dress, her body not so much...unless it's the one she had before her engagement. Her figure was quite perfect then, imo! :whistling:

jonc93...I think the less the Cambridge's are seen, the more "special' it will be when they make the odd appearance. Also I think they want to ease the newlyweds into their appearances so as not to overwhelm Kate. At least I think that's how the Palace sees it....but honestly, I have no idea why they will not be at tonight's event.

Last edited:
Admittedly I was half asleep at the time but I got the impression from the BBC that the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge were not really involved because the focus rightly should remain on the Queen and the President.

It's great to see William and Kate. They look refreshed and happy. I love Kate's dress, and I am obviously in the minority here, but I don't think Michelle looked bad at all. I like her outfit too. I really hope that Kate and William attend the dinner, but I have this feeling that they won't.

Very nice to see William and Catherine out and about. I would have to agree with the majority here, Kate looks very comfortable, confident and poised (not to mention, relaxed, no doubt due to her recent honeymoon).

As for the First Lady's dress, not exactly ideal for a meeting with the British Royal Family, though it would do for a visit to a polo match (though I think it's just not very flattering to the figure). Good look on Catherine. Her usual, simple and elegant.

So happy to see the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge I'd have killed to have heard what they said in that room.

So nice to see William and Catherine again! They both look good. I agree with those who think Catherine looks like she was born doing this sort of thing. I also appreciate the fact that, so far, Catherine seems to have a very good sense of occasion, in terms of being aware of what sort of ensemble is appropriate. What she's wearing today, IMO, is very flattering but also simple and elegant... exactly what it should be.

Admittedly I was half asleep at the time but I got the impression from the BBC that the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge were not really involved because the focus rightly should remain on the Queen and the President.

That makes sense...the Cambridge's are the "it" Royal couple of the moment, and their presence at the dinner might be a distraction from the MAIN EVENTS...the Queen and the President. ;)

Ah! Kristen Chenowith is there, Love her. What a glamorous hollywoody
state banquet this is!

Tim Burton and Helena Bonham-Carter invited? Wow.

Like everyone has said before I think THe Duchess of Cambridge looks amazing, I wasn't a fan of hers when she was dating William, but now she is fast becoming one of my favorites. I like what Michelle Obama is wearing I think it was very nice.

The Queen is wearing the Vladimir tiara without any drops and I a brooch I have been wanting to see for a while! The Duchess looks sensational in her blue gown and usual diamonds!

and Michelle is all white and with GLoves! Love it

YAY! I love gloves and glad to see Mrs O wearing opera length ones.

On second check, she is wearing the pearl drops! I'm starting to wonder if something has happened to the emeralds!

I think HM and D of C look stunning! They certainly show elegance and class....Excited to see what C of W and Princess Michael and Princess Alexandra and The Princess Royal are wearing. Yes, pure class on their end.

I am looking forward to seeing Princess of Michael of Kent. So far Duchess of Cornwall's ensembles are well-chosen. I also enjoyed listening to Her Majesty's speech.

Last edited:
I think HM and D of C look stunning! They certainly show elegance and class....Excited to see what C of W and Princess Michael and Princess Alexandra and The Princess Royal are wearing. Yes, pure class on their end.

The Countess of Wessex wears her wedding tiara and Princess Anne the grek meander tiara.

When did the Queen bestow the family honors upon Camilla? I just noticed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom