The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-25-2019, 03:43 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Reminder: This thread is about the relationship between members of the BRF. Let's not get into a debate about Meghan's relationship with her family. Further off-topic posts will be deleted.

Old 06-26-2019, 04:39 AM
Majesty

Perhaps Harry expected a degree of support from his brother that was not only not forthcoming but was exactly the opposite. He would remember Catherine's entry to the family.

Firstly, I believe that Harry really likes Catherine but, when the tabloids went after her Harry was there for them, he told everyone she was the sister he'd never had. His support of William and even more of Catherine was unrestrained.

With the barrage of nasty publicity against Meghan, Harry must feel the absence of William's support from he and Meghan's side as a betrayal. Other people don't matter but the lack of support from your own brother is glaringly obvious and it seems the anti brigade are taking their lead from him.

Just a thought. They could just as easily be at odds over an alleged case of adultery. We don't know, but what we do know is there is definitely a distinct chill in the relationship between William and Harry.

Old 06-26-2019, 04:06 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Perhaps Harry expected a degree of support from his brother that was not only not forthcoming but was exactly the opposite. He would remember Catherine's entry to the family.

Firstly, I believe that Harry really likes Catherine but, when the tabloids went after her Harry was there for them, he told everyone she was the sister he'd never had. His support of William and even more of Catherine was unrestrained.

With the barrage of nasty publicity against Meghan, Harry must feel the absence of William's support from he and Meghan's side as a betrayal. Other people don't matter but the lack of support from your own brother is glaringly obvious and it seems the anti brigade are taking their lead from him.

Just a thought. They could just as easily be at odds over an alleged case of adultery. We don't know, but what we do know is there is definitely a distinct chill in the relationship between William and Harry.
You are right we do not know anything, it is all assumption.

I am always surprised how on this forum it sometimes suits posters to believe hearsay and gossip about some members of the family but if against others it must be lies.

As we all know the royals do not complain or explain, we will probably never know the full story and why should we.
Old 06-28-2019, 01:37 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
I could not disagree more..They are doing THE most important job adults can do.. bringing up their children [and our future King, and Royal family], in a warm, secure and well adjusted family. Their children are yet young, and [God willing] there are years aplenty ahead to do charity stuff.
What matters to me, is a secure bedrock for the future, and the most important part of that is the well being of their children.
I agree with your comments, as youngsters Charles and Anne were separated from their parents for months at a time, because the queen came to the throne much earlier than had been expected.

While still married to Charles, Diana did a number of engagements within a reasonable distance to KP to allow her to spend as much time with her boys as possible.

I am sure Her Majesty is giving the Cambridges as much time as possible with their children knowing that a day will come when that will not be possible, which I am sure she will do with Harry and Meghan.

If HM had a problem with the number of engagements carried out by either the Cambridges or the Sussex's she would do something about it.

In this day of feminism there can be a tendency to view with disdain mothers who want to be exactly that mothers and home builders.
Before anybody jumps on me I am not referring to anybody on here just a general observation of the world we live in.
Old 06-28-2019, 03:01 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallo girl View Post
I agree with your comments, as youngsters Charles and Anne were separated from their parents for months at a time, because the queen came to the throne much earlier than had been expected.

While still married to Charles, Diana did a number of engagements within a reasonable distance to KP to allow her to spend as much time with her boys as possible.

I am sure Her Majesty is giving the Cambridges as much time as possible with their children knowing that a day will come when that will not be possible, which I am sure she will do with Harry and Meghan.

If HM had a problem with the number of engagements carried out by either the Cambridges or the Sussex's she would do something about it.

In this day of feminism there can be a tendency to view with disdain mothers who want to be exactly that mothers and home builders.
Before anybody jumps on me I am not referring to anybody on here just a general observation of the world we live in.
She also would not have given the Duchess of Cambridge the DCVO if she was unhappy with her. I have a feeling that down the line, the Duchess of Sussex will get one too.
Old 06-28-2019, 06:23 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by duchessrachel View Post
She also would not have given the Duchess of Cambridge the DCVO if she was unhappy with her. I have a feeling that down the line, the Duchess of Sussex will get one too.
More than likely, also the family honour,
Old 06-28-2019, 06:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Didn’t Catherine get the GCVO rather than the DCVO ?
Old 06-28-2019, 07:10 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Didn’t Catherine get the GCVO rather than the DCVO ?
Yes you are right, it is referred to as the Dame Grand Cross but the abbreviation is the GCVO.
Old 06-28-2019, 07:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Yes you are right, it is referred to as the Dame Grand Cross but the abbreviation is the GCVO.
DCVO would be Dame Commander, which is a lower grade equivalent to the one Harry holds (KCVO). Unlike GCVOs, neither KCVOs nor DCVOs wear sashes.
Old 06-28-2019, 09:44 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Whoops! Thank you.
Old 06-28-2019, 11:18 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I don't think the Queen is that petty to only give honors to people she's happy with. She's obviously part of the RF. As for Meghan, it's still her 1st year in the BRF. She will get one too maybe a little earlier considering her impeccable work ethic and compassion in her service representing the BRF.

The Royal Fly®️
Old 06-29-2019, 01:39 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by theroyalfly View Post
I don't think the Queen is that petty to only give honors to people she's happy with. She's obviously part of the RF. As for Meghan, it's still her 1st year in the BRF. She will get one too maybe a little earlier considering her impeccable work ethic and compassion in her service representing the BRF.
You are right, I, too, do not think the Queen is petty at all. There are no hard and fast rules, and "gongs" like the RFO and GCVO are within the personal gift of the monarch, and are typically given to reward the service of the recipient to the monarch. They can be given at any time, or not at all, as has been the case with Princess Michael of Kent. Even Diana only received the RFO but not the GCVO. I can't remember but did the Duchess of York receive either?
Old 06-29-2019, 02:09 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post

> I completely agree with your broad point that we don't quite know what actually transpired within the family, so can only speculate up to a point.

> Was it the alleged lack of support from William? Was it the alleged adultery? Was it William warning Harry about things we do not know about or suggesting he take this slower, who knows?

> If it was indeed the alleged lack of support from William for Meghan (and again, at this stage, we are only speculating), one can only question why that may happen, given the obvious closeness between William, Harry and Catherine over the years. What could well have transpired between them for William to allegedly not be supportive, and for Harry to subsequently take umbrage?

> Running with that thought process, I remain surprised at how rapidly things appear to have descended that within a few short months of the wedding, that H&M not only did not want to live at KP, but could not bear to be part of the same household and even the same Foundation. More questions than answers for us royal watchers, but at one level, the answers to these questions must remain within the family than ones for public debate and discourse.

> That said, I do remain surprised that H&M do seem to have very successfully alienated themselves from the UK media. It is rare to see a single article about them that is positive. Harry was a relatively successful operator previously, and I am surprised about the widespread negativity, even from loyal members of the royal pack like Arthur, that seems to emanate. Questions that I am sure are being asked within the family!
Old 06-29-2019, 02:11 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
You are right, I, too, do not think the Queen is petty at all. There are no hard and fast rules, and "gongs" like the RFO and GCVO are within the personal gift of the monarch, and are typically given to reward the service of the recipient to the monarch. They can be given at any time, or not at all, as has been the case with Princess Michael of Kent. Even Diana only received the RFO but not the GCVO. I can't remember but did the Duchess of York receive either?
No the Duchess of York didn't receive any honours.
Old 06-29-2019, 02:14 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
No, Sarah didn't receive either the RFO or an order during her marriage. Diana was the last married-in to receive the RFO the year of her wedding, all brides since then have had to wait several years to be awarded it (Camilla the quickest at two years).

Based on the way the Queen has been awarding orders to married-ins over the last two decades, I personally don't expect Meghan to receive the Queen's RFO simply due to timing.

Now watch the Queen live to 110 to prove me wrong
Old 06-29-2019, 02:39 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilyflo View Post
No the Duchess of York didn't receive any honours.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JessRulz View Post
No, Sarah didn't receive either the RFO or an order during her marriage.
I thought so, thank you for confirming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessRulz View Post
Diana was the last married-in to receive the RFO the year of her wedding, all brides since then have had to wait several years to be awarded it (Camilla the quickest at two years).

Based on the way the Queen has been awarding orders to married-ins over the last two decades, I personally don't expect Meghan to receive the Queen's RFO simply due to timing.

I have to agree with the Queen's approach to giving the married-in's some time to earn their RFO. TO me, this is what makes it feel like an honour, as it recognises service to the monarch, as opposed to something that came with the job automatically.
Old 06-29-2019, 05:56 AM
Serene Highness

I'm curious about Meghan's birthday at Balmoral. Besides the Sussexes staying there and a tea what else?
Old 06-29-2019, 06:14 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
As with the case with Princess Michael of Kent, I think this is because she is not a working royal. She does not represent the Queen. His husband anyway received KCVO in 1992 and was elevated to GCVO in 2003. I wonder why she's not given even the RFO. But we can only speculate.

The Royal Fly®️
Old 06-29-2019, 06:59 AM
Heir Presumptive

My understanding was that "back in the day" say 80s/90s the Michael's were allowed to work commercially hence, IMO,why the Queen has not bestowed such orders/honours on them. Likewise she has not done so with her grandchildren who work in paying jobs.

The difference is that the Michael's still have HRH and do some charity events but really I guess we would class them like Eugenie and Beatrice are now.
Old 06-29-2019, 07:08 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by theroyalfly View Post
That is not how I meant my statement. I did not mean that those who don't have honors are those she is unhappy with.

Tags
british royal family, princessanne, relationship, relationships, siblings