Marivent Palace, Mallorca

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rchainho

Heir Presumptive
Country
Portugal
Sont Vent, Prince of Asturias House

Attachments

• son vent.JPG
    son vent.JPG
    47.8 KB · Views: 3,024
  • son vent1.JPG
    son vent1.JPG
    41.5 KB · Views: 4,453
Last edited by a moderator:
rchainho said:
2 pics from son vent were the princes of asturias live.
Son Vent is their summer residence in Mallorca.

Attachments

• entr.JPG
    entr.JPG
    32.4 KB · Views: 1,261
  • jard.JPG
    jard.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 1,095
  • jardim.JPG
    jardim.JPG
    49.1 KB · Views: 1,126
  • mariv.JPG
    mariv.JPG
    46.6 KB · Views: 1,551
  • mar.JPG
    mar.JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 6,710
  • Mari.JPG
    Mari.JPG
    53.8 KB · Views: 6,494
Elsa M. said:
Son Vent is their summer residence in Mallorca.
What about the Infantas? Do they also have their own Mallorca residences?

Attachments

• Mar.jpg
    Mar.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 2,198
  • pal_marivent.jpg
    pal_marivent.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 6,497
  • SonVent.jpg
    SonVent.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 7,282
Last edited:
It isn't confirmed but Cristina is thinking in buying a house in sencelles, in mayorca.

That's strange... They already have their own house within the complex of Marivent...
Where did you read that information?

Elsa M. said:
That's strange... They already have their own house within the complex of Marivent...
Where did you read that information?
i didn't read. It was a spanish friend that told me that. She lives in the town where they "suppose" to buy a house. My friend that it is a conversation very spoken there.

rchainho said:
i didn't read. It was a spanish friend that told me that. She lives in the town where they "suppose" to buy a house. My friend that it is a conversation very spoken there.

It can be, but it seems to me to be very strange. They have just bought a new house in Barcelona. And as Elsa says inside Marivent's enclosure they have his their own house, not a lot of time ago they constructed two small little houses for the Infantas and thair families ... for what there would be enough seen evil that after the Government inhabitant of the Balearic Islands was worrying for giving them a residence they do not use.

This type of rumors are habitual, a few times are true and others not. How they are the Dukes of Palma, it will happen as it happens with the Princes and this house in Asturias.

I don't know how mnay people have ever been to Mallorca and passed through the area of Marivent, but there is just no way (as far as I know) that you can see the palace!
I was staying outside Palma last summer and ended up in a hotel facing the palace but all you could see were HUGE walls. From the balcony you could see into the front where the entrance gate was and a small part of the grounds. Then from the beach you could see the palace in the distance right on the edge of the 'cliff'. Also there was an area of the sea that stretched towards it that was sectioned off to make sure that nobody could get near. So as you can gather...it is extremely private! No wonder the Royal family love it there :)

Does anybody have anymore details?

...sOfIa.... said:
So as you can gather...it is extremely private! No wonder the Royal family love it there :)

Does anybody have anymore details?
Yes, Sofia, Marivent is a very private enclosure and that huge wall is one of the most impressive things about it... Inside Marivent, the royal family has its privacy guaranted.

See more details about the Marivent enclosure here:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/246479-post9.html

You can see photos here:
Marivent:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/247465-post66.html
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/247557-post68.html

Son Vent
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/238016-post63.html

photofan said:
Does anyone have a pic of the castle where Leonor lives with her parents?
Just take a look at the first pages of this thread

Last edited:
Elsa M. said:
http://www.diariodemallorca.es/secciones/noticia.jsp?pNumEjemplar=1249&pIdSeccion=9&pIdNoticia=201848

Marivent: 30 years as official Summer residence

It was in the afternoon of August 4th 1976, when the King and Queen (along with their children) arrived in Marivent and the royal banner was hanged for the first time in the palace.
Elsa, thanks for the article. Wow.. 30 years with the same tradition is really wonderful. I hope the Royal Family also realised the anniversary & do something to celebrate it.. (perhaps a photo session?) :ermm: :)

How long do they does the Royal Family reside at Marivent ?

Its looks quite beautiful .

How long do they does the Royal Family reside at Marivent ?

Its looks quite beautiful .

When the Royal Family is in Mallorca they always stay at Marivent Palace.
Usually the Family spend in Mallorca their summer Holidays (August) and also the spend some days at easter ( March-April)

I was wondering, what is the history of Marivent? Has it always been property of the family or did it belong to somebody else before the king decided to spend the summer there?

Marivent's Palace is property of the Government of the Balearic Islands.

Is the Kings palace & Prince of Asturias House close to one another or are they in different areas?

Have we ever seen inside the Marivent Palace,I don't think I've ever seen a photo of the inside of the Palace.

Is it true that Felipe and Letizia and also Infanta's Cristina and Elanor have their own smaller houses at Marivent? I always think it looks quite crammed in already

Is it true that Felipe and Letizia and also Infanta's Cristina and Elanor have their own smaller houses at Marivent? I always think it looks quite crammed in already

You can see in this thread photos of Felipe's and Letizia's summer residence, Son Vent.

Hola has some old archive photos of the interior of Marivent, from early 70s.
Entramos en Marivent

Last edited:
Marivent Palace was previously known as Saridakis Palace.
John Saridakis, a Greek-Egyptian painter and art collector, resided there.

Back
Top Bottom