The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-20-2015, 10:50 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
The french people play ball alone. They have a little house for the president to stay , another little house for the rendez-vous of the president and another little Fort at the riviera for the vacation. Im speechless again.
Heu... the Palais de l'Élysée, the Palais de l'Alma and the l'Hôtel de Matigny do not classify as "little" , I think...

Old 06-20-2015, 11:10 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
The problem with rent is also that the King is enforced to live at this place, heavily guarded. So he does not have the choice: "I want to live in Capelle aan den IJssel" because he still has to function as the head of state.

And indeed, Joachim Gauck pays no rent for Schloss Bellevue or Villa Hammerschmidt. François Hollande pays no rent for the Palais de l'Élysée, the l'Hôtel de Matigny, the Palais de l'Alma (where he organizes his rendez-vous with his maîtresses), the Fort de Brégançon at the Riviera or the hunting pavillion (Pavillion de la Lanterne) at the Domain de Versailles (which functioned as the love nest for Nicolas Sarkozy and his maîtresse, now his present spouse)....

Actually the german President's don't live at Bellevue Castle. The only one who lived there weas Roman Herzog. The others have/had a Villa in Berlin-Dahelm at their disposal where they live.

Old 06-20-2015, 04:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Actually the german President's don't live at Bellevue Castle. The only one who lived there weas Roman Herzog. The others have/had a Villa in Berlin-Dahelm at their disposal where they live.
Ah that fooled me. A few weeks ago I gave seen a documentary about Schloss Bellevue ("and it's secrets") on ZDF, including footage of Bundespräsident Herr Roman Herzog and his spouse Frau Christiane allowing the camera inside the Schloss and following them...

Villa Dahlem looks like a nice place to live but I bet this is purely for living, all official acts and represenations take place at Schloss Bellevue? I suspect the Bundespräsident tries "to escape from office" because when you live in a private wing of the Schloss, you are still living at the office, so to speak.
Old 06-21-2015, 06:17 PM
Heir Apparent

The Inner Court (where the Second Chamber, the First Chamber, the Council of Ministers and the Hall of Knights are) needs an equally major renovation as Huis ten Bosch Palace. The costs will be astronomic.

When Parliament decides the works will go ahead, people will see that these projects simply come with a price tag, like the renovations of the Royal Palace Amsterdam, the Rijksmuseum, the Mauritshuis in the Hague, the Catshuis in The Hague (residence of the Prime Minister) etc. were arch-expensive projects too. The people will realize that the costs for the renovation of Huis ten Bosch palace is not something unique but comparable with all named projects.

Old 06-21-2015, 07:14 PM
Heir Apparent

So the dutch people must be a very happy because the renovation of the Huis ten Bosch Palace the cost only 59 million euros?()
What are you doing exactly ? Attempts to justify the unjustifiable?
Old 06-22-2015, 02:09 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
So the dutch people must be a very happy because the renovation of the Huis ten Bosch Palace the cost only 59 million euros?()
What are you doing exactly ? Attempts to justify the unjustifiable?
It looks "injustifable" and people will nag about it, but when you look at the given examples all restorations of historic buildings come with mysteriously awful big prize tags. No idea why it is cheaper to build three new palaces than restore an old one but tja... it is.

By the way, every year the State donates hundreds of millions for the upkeep of A-listed monuments. It does not matter if the State owns it or not. It can be privately owned or onwed by a (family) foundation and be applicable for state subsidy because it is seen as part of the national patrimonium and worth to be saved for history. For an example, the restoration of a private property under way: Château Neubourg near Maastricht before and after the restoration (still not finished). It does not matter if the owner is rich or not, anyone can fill in an application for subsidy.
Old 06-22-2015, 03:32 AM
Heir Apparent

That all you say is logical. And is logical of course all this palaces and historic buildings to need renovation. But is just (for me at least) very scandalous this prize tags.
But anyway the every state know better what can i say.
Old 06-23-2015, 08:56 AM
Majesty

Quote:
That all you say is logical. And is logical of course all this palaces and historic buildings to need renovation. But is just (for me at least) very scandalous this prize tags.
But anyway the every state know better what can i say.
Indeed.We are a above wealthy state that takes care of it's heritage,we are proud of that,yes.And it's not scandulous at all if one wishes to keep up the place and pass it on to future generations...unlike Tatoi,sad enough,...People might nag as they do,but they will forget about it soon enough.The Head of State needs an apropiate representative dwelling,and that is what the State has to provide.After all,the State pinched it all from the RF in the 1790's...
Old 06-23-2015, 09:42 AM
Heir Presumptive

Sounds like they need to compare contractors......haha. I cant imagine the cost of these kinds of places but Im all for it.
Old 06-23-2015, 11:14 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucien View Post
Indeed.We are a above wealthy state that takes care of it's heritage,we are proud of that,yes.And it's not scandulous at all if one wishes to keep up the place and pass it on to future generations...unlike Tatoi,sad enough,...People might nag as they do,but they will forget about it soon enough.The Head of State needs an apropiate representative dwelling,and that is what the State has to provide.After all,the State pinched it all from the RF in the 1790's...
Yes you have right saying how all this places must to keep up and to pass the next generations.
Also how people always forget . Yes that is happen the people always forget and this is sad sometimes.
About Tatoi very sad indeed. But with the history we have my country just can't do it nothing different .
Generally agree with you i don't say something else just can i continue to think is scandalous that prizes?
Old 07-04-2015, 04:31 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Yes you have right saying how all this places must to keep up and to pass the next generations.
Also how people always forget . Yes that is happen the people always forget and this is sad sometimes.
About Tatoi very sad indeed. But with the history we have my country just can't do it nothing different .
Generally agree with you i don't say something else just can i continue to think is scandalous that prizes?
NAI!

And I say its peanuts in light of what it represents and the wealth we live in...It is worth it,every penny!
Old 11-30-2015, 03:02 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Today the last batch of tickets to the Oranjezaal has been put online.

I was able to make a reservation. There are still quite a few places available:

https://www.bezoekdeoranjezaal.nl/#

Tags
palaces, the hague