The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2005, 05:20 AM
Heir Apparent

from casareal.es :

TM the Kings have presided over the delivery of the National Prizes of Deporte 2004, accompanied by Their Height Real Prince de Asturias, Their Heights Reales Infants Doña Elena and Doña Cristina, Don Jaime de Marichalar and Don Iñaki Urdangarin, in an act celebrated in the Palace of El Pardo.

To his arrival, and already in the Barceló Hall, where the ceremony took place, they were received by His Height Real Infant Doña Pilar; the president of the Community of Madrid, Hope Aguirre; minister of Education and Ciencia, Maria Jesus San Segundo; the Secretary of State for Deporte, Jaime Lissavetzky; and the president of the Spanish Olympic Committee, White Alexander. Next, the chief of a main directorate of Sports of the CSD, White Rafael Perea, gave reading to the act of concession of the Prizes, to begin to his delivery. These awards, that are granted by the Superior Council of Sports, distinguish the sportsmen, associations and organizations that are outstanding in the promotion and impulse of the sport activity. The jury was presided over by the chief of a main directorate of Sports of the CSD, and was made up of 28 members pertaining to the CSD, Independent Federations, Communities, Local and sport Corporations of prestige.

The Prizes Queen Sofía and Don Felipe de Borbón, to the Spanish sportswoman and the sportsman who have distinguished themselves more during the year in their sport performance, as much at national level as international, were for Beatriz Ferrer-Salat Serra de Migni (Equestrian) and David Lime Figueroa (Piragüismo), respectively.

The Prize Infant of Spain Doña Elena, to the person or organization who is outstanding by a specially excellent gesture of nobility or actually sport fare-play, or that has lent a special contribution in the eradication of the violence in the sport, was for the Navarrese Institute of Deporte and Juventud.

The Prize Infant of Spain Doña Cristina, to the masculine or feminine sportsman who, by the results obtained during the year, have supposed the most significant revelation of the Spanish sport panorama, was for Rafael Martinez Drill (Gymnastics).

The Trophy Latin American Community, to the Latin American sportsman who more is outstanding during the year in his international sport performances, was for Felix Sanchez (Athletics - Dominican Republic).

The Glass Baron of Güell, to the equipment or national selection that has been distinguished more by its sport performance during the year, was for the Spanish Equipment of Glass Davis.

The Olimpia Prize, to the person or organization who by her own sport performance or the promotion of the activity of others is outstanding specially in the diffusion and improves of the sport activity between the physical diminished ones, psychic or sensorial, was for the Spanish Federation of Physical Sports for Minusválidos.

The Stadium Glass, to the person or organization who is outstanding by her special contribution during the year to promotion tasks and promotion of the sport, was for the Savings bank of the Immaculate one of Aragón. The Prize Superior Advice of Sports, to the Spanish City council that more is outstanding during the year by its initiatives for the promotion of the sport, either in the promotion and organization of activities or or in the dowry of communitarian facilities, was for the Insular Town hall of Tenerife.

The Trophy Joaquin Blume, to the teaching institution that has specially distinguished during the year by its work of promotion and promotion of the sport, was for the University of Valladolid.

The National Prize to the Arts and Sciences Applied to Deporte, to the professional who, in the exercise of his activity, are outstanding by a work or have contributed to impel or to spread the physical-sport activity of singular form or throughout its professional life, were for architect Santiago Calatrava Valls.

(Palace of El Pardo. Madrid, 19 of December of 2005)

Old 12-20-2005, 05:35 AM
Imperial Majesty

More from face to face
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	00829391.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	126.3 KB
ID:	221377   Click image for larger version

Name:	00829392.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	143.0 KB
ID:	221378   Click image for larger version

Name:	00829393.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	111.5 KB
ID:	221379   Click image for larger version

Name:	00829394.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	157.3 KB
ID:	221380  

Name:	00829396.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	127.7 KB
ID:	221381   Click image for larger version

Name:	00829397.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	136.1 KB
ID:	221382   Click image for larger version

Name:	00829398.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	115.9 KB
ID:	221383   Click image for larger version

Name:	00829399.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	132.4 KB
ID:	221384  

Name:	00829400.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	144.7 KB
ID:	221385   Click image for larger version

Name:	00829402.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	138.3 KB
ID:	221386  

Old 12-20-2005, 05:37 AM
Imperial Majesty

Face to face
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	00829403.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	119.6 KB
ID:	221391   Click image for larger version

Name:	00829404.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	182.9 KB
ID:	221392   Click image for larger version

Name:	00829406.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	135.4 KB
ID:	221393   Click image for larger version

Name:	00829408.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	154.4 KB
ID:	221394  

Name:	00829410.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	130.1 KB
ID:	221395   Click image for larger version

Name:	00829411.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	154.2 KB
ID:	221396   Click image for larger version

Name:	00829412.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	138.7 KB
ID:	221397  
Old 12-21-2005, 09:29 AM
Heir Apparent

I've made a little quiz about the Spanish Royal family, to test the knowledge of our members.

Take the quiz in the link below, it's quick and free:)

http://www.quizyourfriends.com/yourq...1080118-852361

Have fun!
Old 12-21-2005, 09:37 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna_R
I've made a little quiz about the Spanish Royal family, to test the knowledge of our members.

Take the quiz in the link below, it's quick and free:)

http://www.quizyourfriends.com/yourq...1080118-852361

Have fun!
Thanks, Anna_R!
Really cool!

I had 100!!
Old 12-21-2005, 09:50 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ...JuAnItA...
Thanks, Anna_R!
Really cool!

I had 100!!
Congratulations Juanita!
Old 12-21-2005, 09:55 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:

Congratulations Juanita!
Thanks!
Old 12-21-2005, 11:20 AM
Heir Presumptive

i have got pics from this event from dana press, the problem is that i can't use these pics in this forum because the administrators don't want me to post them here. :(
Old 12-21-2005, 12:14 PM
Nobility

Thanks for the quiz Anna! You always have such great ideas
Old 12-21-2005, 12:24 PM
Imperial Majesty

To respond to rchainho's post above.

The reason why we aren't allowing pictures from Dana Press is that they're threatening lawsuits against websites that post their pictures. More and more picture agencies are beginning to do so, but Dana Press is particularly strict about it.

Since we have no wish to end up in court or risk being shut down altogether, we have no choice but to comply with Dana Press's position on this matter. rchainho has been told why this is the case, and the admin team thought she understood that this is a legal issue and not just our personal preference.

It appears that this sort of issue is unfortunately becoming increasingly common, so it's a good idea for people to check the Announcements area regularly to see if there are any updates about which photos may be posted and which are not safe to post.

Elspeth

Royal Forums administrator
Old 12-21-2005, 01:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue-
Thanks for the quiz Anna! You always have such great ideas
You're welcome Sue, but this idea was originally from GrandDuchess who made a Christmas Quiz at the December Newsletter, I only brought it to the SRF
Old 12-21-2005, 03:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

Great idea!:) I had 100%!

Old 12-22-2005, 01:21 PM
Commoner

christmas card 2005

on the hola website there is christmas card picture of the king and queen with their grandchildren
Old 12-22-2005, 01:23 PM
Nobility

This year we have wonderful Christmas Cards from the Spanish Royal House.
(from hola.com)
I think the one with the Kings and their grandsons is one of the best Christmas Cards they have done so far!
Hope you like it as much as I do.
Old 12-22-2005, 01:46 PM
Heir Apparent

I'll have to wait for the big version to formulate my opinion about it.

The idea is surely great, all the grandchildren together, but, for what I could see, it's a photoshop montage and not a real picture (I'll wait for the big version to see if I'm right or wrong), but Irene surely looks awkward in the picture.
Old 12-22-2005, 01:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I'll have to wait for the big version to formulate my opinion about it.

The idea is surely great, all the grandchildren together, but, for what I could see, it's a photoshop montage and not a real picture (I'll wait for the big version to see if I'm right or wrong), but Irene surely looks awkward in the picture.
i was thinking the same thing, Anna.
Leonor was in the same pose and outfit as was her 1st presentation. there's just something about the people and the couch that doesn't fit. so, yes, we'll have to see the bigger version.
But i like the one of Felipe & Letizia with Leonor... this seems a bit informal and very loving as like the other photos from the little infanta's 1st presentation.
Old 12-22-2005, 01:59 PM
Heir Apparent

yup.. i think it's digitized...

bigger one from hola

http://img324.imageshack.us/img324/1540/reyesa9ak.jpg
Old 12-22-2005, 02:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

the Xmas pics of the spanish royals were taken in the same day of the presentation of Leonor. The clothes of Felipe/letizia/kings are the same, the places are different.
Old 12-22-2005, 02:05 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple_platinum
yup.. i think it's digitized...
Yep... the king and queen were inserted in the photo of the children...
Old 12-22-2005, 02:06 PM
Imperial Majesty

That of the Kings is a photo montage, the children of the Infanta Cristina have not travelled to Madrid in the last months, only Irene the day that they went to the clinic. The photo of the Kings and of the Princes is of the day of Leonor's presentation. I ask myself where the photo of the Princes will be done, this white armchair might be of Leonor's room, it is a place adapted for a white armchair, not? :p

Closed Thread