The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 04:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

Terra:

http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img...07b15d0d9g.jpg
http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img...07b154b33g.jpg

Long dresses for "just" official dinner?

Old 09-18-2007, 04:22 PM
Imperial Majesty

The King and the Princess in friendly terms
Polfoto

Old 09-18-2007, 04:23 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaChicaMadrilena View Post
Long dresses for "just" official dinner?
Yes, it is strange. The long suits are not in the habit of dressing them in this type of dinners, and any more if the men go with a simple suit. Maybe the First Lady of Uruguay was bringing long suit, and they have chosen for the same thing.

More photos from terra

http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img...07b15e7eag.jpg
http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img...07b1668d7g.jpg
http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img...07b16bae5g.jpg
Old 09-18-2007, 04:30 PM
Serene Highness

Great pictures, thank you all. Queen Sofia looks amazing, love the dress. I also absolutely love Letizia's outift, especially the skirt, great colour, lovely bracelet. It's nice to see the King and letizia talking and smiling together. Has anyone else noticed the first lady's height? It's hilarious, she's so tiny
Old 09-18-2007, 04:33 PM
Imperial Majesty

Yes, in the group photo it´s funny - Felipe is so tall and the First Lady of Uruguay is so tiny!
Old 09-18-2007, 04:39 PM
Imperial Majesty

Moro photos:
Sofia and Letizia
Polfoto
Letizia and Felipe
Polfoto
Polfoto
Old 09-18-2007, 05:00 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Moro photos:
Sofia and Letizia
Polfoto
Letizia and Felipe
Polfoto
Polfoto
I don't know if it's just my computer, but unfortunately I'm not able to see these photos. Does this happen to anyone else, and if so can anyone fix it?
Old 09-18-2007, 05:22 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess leonor View Post
I don't know if it's just my computer, but unfortunately I'm not able to see these photos. Does this happen to anyone else, and if so can anyone fix it?
Try to refresh into Polfoto web: POLFOTO - altid med i billedet and late in the pics
Old 09-18-2007, 05:22 PM
Royal Highness

The skirt is precious, which do not like is as she takes I the hair today, I believe that there was been better Letizia with gathering.
Thank you!
Old 09-18-2007, 05:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
OMG - Letizia's hairdresser had a day off today, that's for sure. She looks totally stressed out and skinnier than ever. The skirt is nice but looks terrible with this polo-shirt-turned-into-a-blouse It would have been so easy to do better, with an elegant and suitable top and a proper hairdo

The Queen is very elegant with a recycled outfit.

btw, thanks for the link lula.

You are desapointing a lot me my dearest D of M, the outfit of the Princess is - but it's not sure it's deliberate - a "declinaison" of a very successful model of Yves Saint Laurent in the 80's. It was quiet the same model with this kind of shirt, the shirt was whithout flounce but with the famous Saint Laurent's darts... I have to say to you it was the time where people dressed to go out for dinner with the famous "chic parisien" if you know what I mean.

and for the "proper" hairdo you make ma tink at my Old Grand Mother - I loved her very much - who told me the same think fourty years ago.....

Be cool D of M, for Paris the princess will be up to the situation, it's not a "dinner de gala avec tiare" isen't it
Old 09-18-2007, 05:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

For these who have a weight problem or who consider that the Princess of Asturias is a walking skeleton, hereby the pic of a marvelous woman who had been the muse of Hubert de Givenchy a so refined french designer, I called Haudrey Hepburn

Supload.com // Free Image Hosting

( private collection)

I have some trubbles to understand why the Princess of Asturias should be stuffed for being more fat when it's not neither her metabolism nor her silhouet.

In France we have a very trivial sentence to express this kind of situation and I apologize a lot in advance if I'm offending some of you:

" If my aunt should have ones, we have to call her my uncle "....
Old 09-18-2007, 05:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Gallery

Galerías de imágenes
Old 09-18-2007, 06:33 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
OMG - Letizia's hairdresser had a day off today, that's for sure. She looks totally stressed out and skinnier than ever. The skirt is nice but looks terrible with this polo-shirt-turned-into-a-blouse It would have been so easy to do better, with an elegant and suitable top and a proper hairdo

The Queen is very elegant with a recycled outfit.

btw, thanks for the link lula.

I have to agree with you the skirt is very nice but the top looks too casual.
Old 09-18-2007, 06:45 PM
Imperial Majesty

I find the perfect top for a dinner like that. With something more formal the set had turned out to be excessively formal for an act that was not. It is necessary to remember that it is not a gala dinner,only a simple dinner, therefore it is not necessary to go totally formally. In other occasions they go to these dinners with dress of cocktail. There are no tiaras, are not decorations and the men dress simple suits. Probably, if it had been a gala dinner she would take another top, more formal and more adapted for the decorations.
Old 09-18-2007, 06:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

I love Letizia's outfit for the dinner, it's bright and very fitting, yes she is slender but she looks radiant.
Old 09-18-2007, 07:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

Letizia can pull off the hot pink very well. But her hair looks too unkempt for a dinner.
Old 09-18-2007, 07:53 PM
Commoner

Princess Letizia looks extraordinarily chic this evening, from head to toe, including the hair. That straight, blunt cut is very now. The Queen looks lovely as well. The best part is the easy, open feel of the eveening. So many dinners with heads of state are so stiff and formal--this one actually had warmth. Maybe it was because it was not a gala.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:06 PM
Courtier

The ladies look lovely. Isn't it strange that after all that was said and written about the distant relationship between Letizia and her father-in-law, suddenly she stands next to him for the photo shoot. Someone in their household must be visiting the RFB.

Stellad
Old 09-18-2007, 09:13 PM
Nobility

Ilove what Letizia wore today, I find it very chic... The dinner was like special,everyone looks so confortable