The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 04:49 AM
Nobility

I loved Elena's outfit. She always looks classy.. I noticed in one of the pics that she and Jaime we're smiling, which is nice. We don't see that very often. I agree with RaniaRocks that Letizia is so petite and accentuates that with this outfit as she does with almost every outfit she wears..

Old 09-13-2007, 05:19 AM
Heir Apparent

Gallery

Deadline

Old 09-13-2007, 05:52 AM
Royal Highness

they are all very beutiful and elegant in my opion. thanks for the photos
Old 09-13-2007, 06:06 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapopdiva View Post
Rania, The word insignificant, is not the right word to describe letizia's Outfit.Please just say she doesn't look Elegant.That's the word I think you want to say.Saying she's insignificant means she's a nobody.And if she's a nobody then we all here are a nobody.I just saying this to you in a friendly way.And my opinion on how they all look? They all look Cheap for that event.They look like they went out for dinner.I think Letizia was more Elegant the day she took leonor to daycare.
thanks for your words, it's exactly the purposes of mines.

First, if the princess of Asturias is insignificant, why all this smocked theories to try to prove that? Yes i'm going on :strange

Then, as I said upon all the women of the Spain Royal Family were staying in the background by comparaison of the Rostropovitch ones many more elegant exactly as if the were at the "Première" of an Opera.
For the Queen, i'm sorry, but she can be very elegant whithout to try to hide her age but never with her pyjamas which make her older in particular with this kind of design. Look at Galina Vitnechvskia ( sorry, I don't check the ortograph) who is may be more elder than the Queen, her outfit absolutly elegant and attractive

As you know, in Paris now, people don't dress them with elegancy when they go to the Opera Garnier or to the Opera Bastille or to the Theater of Champs Elysees, the main places where we have great representtions, except for special occasion like this one, but even in this case it's cocktail dress an not gala one - except so for very specific and traditional occasion-. I don't know if it's the case in Madrid, but it looks like a little as if people don't dress them "de gala" for such event. Curiously it's not the case neither in Saint Petersbourg nor in Moscou.
Old 09-13-2007, 06:18 AM
Serene Highness

LA FAMILIA REAL ESPAÑOLA RINDE HONORES A ROSTROPOVICH CINCO MESES DESPUÉS DE SU MUERTE

http://princessesblog76.blogspot.fr/
Old 09-13-2007, 07:24 AM
Aristocracy

curiosity!! in a program of tv they talk abaut that the SRF go to dinner, all of them, after the conciert.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:34 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapian View Post
curiosity!! in a program of tv they talk abaut that the SRF go to dinner, all of them, after the conciert.
See, I told you Guys they was dress to go to Dinner!! LOL.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:37 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
See, I told you Guys they was dress to go to Dinner!! LOL.
May be you are right
Old 09-13-2007, 10:42 AM
Heir Presumptive

Elena looks wonderful, loved the outfit and the hair! Very classy and cutting edge at the same time. Letizia is lovely as ever, I really like the "see thru" tops that she wears, fun yet elegant at the same time. Christina looks good but a tad boring compared to Elena & Letizia, not very fashion forward. The Queen is always lovely, I have to say that she has fun with her clothes regardless of her age, and I for one admire that, even though some of the recent outfits do look a little like my mother's pajamas.
Old 09-13-2007, 12:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Some more pics:

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/b...2-0021-024.jpg
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/b...2-0021-020.jpg
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/b...2-0021-028.jpg
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/b...090875_006.jpg
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/b...5/07091273.jpg

(Visual Press, IPA Press, PPE)
Old 09-13-2007, 01:05 PM
Imperial Majesty

Princess Letizia looked very lovely, I have always liked this lace top very much, and the pants don´t bother me. Her hairdo was beautiful. Infanta Elena was very elegant, Infanta Cristina very boring, I was so disappointed with her outfit. The Queen is always lovely, last night also.
Old 09-13-2007, 02:36 PM
Courtier

I really like Elena's hair from the back: ANP Beeldbank. And personally, I really like Letzia's hair as well: http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Sep2007/07091276.jpg.
Old 09-13-2007, 03:12 PM
Courtier

I don't know if it's been posted already, but you can get the video from the event at hola.com - Vídeos del día under the "Realeza" tab.
Old 09-13-2007, 04:25 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Rania, The word insignificant, is not the right word to describe letizia's Outfit.Please just say she doesn't look Elegant.That's the word I think you want to say.Saying she's insignificant means she's a nobody.And if she's a nobody then we all here are a nobody.I just saying this to you in a friendly way.And my opinion on how they all look? They all look Cheap for that event.They look like they went out for dinner.I think Letizia was more Elegant the day she took leonor to daycare.
When I said insignificant was not in a derogatory way, not in the concept you are explaining to me now but rather like a "little thing" in the picture, in Spanish when we are bad dressed, too thin, even too shy or we look bad, could be even a matter of what you projected to others, we used to say insignificant, "oh, she looks so insignificant Today", meaning not relevant or not shine, I guess is the same meaning in English but not 100% sure, I'd have hear the phrase "insignificant dress" or "she looks insignificant in that dress" when talking about fashion but again I didn't tried to be offensive, I was more trying to said what I'd just explained to you.

Thank you for being nice.
Old 09-13-2007, 06:03 PM
Aristocracy

Is queen's pendant new? i think princess letizia also get a new ring.
Old 09-13-2007, 07:36 PM
Royal Highness

Thanks, Cristina was very elegant and beautiful!!!
Old 09-13-2007, 07:55 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Princess Letizia looked very lovely, I have always liked this lace top very much, and the pants don´t bother me. Her hairdo was beautiful. Infanta Elena was very elegant, Infanta Cristina very boring, I was so disappointed with her outfit. The Queen is always lovely, last night also.

I agree with you LadyFinn. Letizia looked lovely, i don't love so much the pants, but the top is beautiful and her hair was perfect!. Elena elegant as always, I don't like Cristina's oufit, and The Queen lovely as always
Old 09-15-2007, 04:46 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Kings and the Princes of Asturias offer on Tuesday an official dinner to the President of Uruguay (sad that is not a dinner of gala ).

http://www.presidencia.gub.uy/_Web/n...nda_europa.pdf

20:50 hs Arrival of the President and Lady of Vázquez to the Royal palace Greet His Majesty the King of Spain, Don Juan Carlos I

21:00 hs Dinner offered by His Majesty the King of Spain, Don Juan Carlos I in honor of the President and Lady of Vázquez.
Words of His Majesty the King of Spain, Don Juan Carlos
Words of the President Tabaré Vázquez

23:15 hs Movement of the President, Lady of Vázquez and Official Procession, towards the Hotel Ritz
Old 09-15-2007, 07:59 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Thanks for the pics.

I was very disappointed the with SRF ladies apart from Elena, as this was the second time where there were no matching dresses for the occasion. I wonder how the Rostropovich family felt as they were dressed for a gala occasion.

The Queen - another pyjama outfit, maybe she forgot that the Majorca vacation is over?
Elena - classy, elegant and the best proof that a woman does not have to be pretty to look great.
Christina - too casual although she looks great and I love her outfit
Letizia - she recycled an elegant jacket that she wore on different occasions together with an elegant skirt and black pumps. Had she stuck by that I wouldn't complain but these pants and open shoes look terrible on her. I wonder who keeps telling her that tight pants look good on her they make her look like a skeleton as she is already petite. I can't help myself but there are pictures where she looks good but somehow old and tired as her face is only skin and bones. She's only 35 and I better try not to imagine how she will be aging.

Looking at the group pic I thought that Letizia almost vanishes within the family and from her body language she seems to ask herself do I belong here? No sign of a self confident woman who is sure of her position and role. And, of course, Cristina is to be found as far apart as possible from her beloved sister in law
Old 09-15-2007, 10:31 AM
Commoner

Letizia's outfit.

Letizia is always elegant but I do think this outfit would have been better if her trousers had been less tapering. If they had been similar to the Infanta Elena's - only black.