The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 03:46 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by memoo
I was just going to say that I have always been a huge Monaco RF fan! But I know have another royal family that I am a huge fan of.....the Spanish royal family!!!

They are all so lucky to have all those beautiful and healthy children and grandchildren. The whole family is so photogenic. They all look very close and it is nice to see a royal family like that!
I'm a Monaco fan, but my family is Cuban/Spanish... so I've kind of grown up admiring the RF.

Ani

Old 05-10-2007, 06:49 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Concert interpreted by the " Quartet Casals " as honoring to the University World.
Presided by Queen Sofia and Prince Felipe
http://www.seegerpress-online.de/top...ER00181267.jpg
http://www.seegerpress-online.de/top...ER00181266.jpg
http://www.seegerpress-online.de/top...ER00181265.jpg
http://www.seegerpress-online.de/top...ER00181263.jpg
http://www.seegerpress-online.de/top...ER00181259.jpg
http://www.seegerpress-online.de/top...ER00181258.jpg

Form Casa Real
Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España

Old 05-22-2007, 05:00 PM
Imperial Majesty

The King and the Infanta Elena are present at the Bullfight of the Press in San Isidro's Fair of Madrid

http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img...742afd888g.jpg
http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img...742afab36g.jpg
Old 05-22-2007, 06:16 PM
Serene Highness

I am curious about something and it is possible this is not a good place to ask this question, but I'll do it anyways. Which daughter does the King seem closer to? Lately, I have seen a few pics the ones above from Lula and other pics that are older of Elena and the King and it does seem that they have a close bond. I was just curious what others thought.
Old 05-22-2007, 06:32 PM
Heir Apparent

The King has always adored his daughters, Elena and Cristina are daddy's girls all the way
Is not that he doesn't love Felipe, but you know: mothers with sons and fathers with daughters
Old 05-22-2007, 06:48 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula
The King and the Infanta Elena are present at the Bullfight of the Press in San Isidro's Fair of Madrid
Thank you lula for the pictures. Its always so beautiful to see the king around his daughter. Yu could clearly see the close bond the two have. Any idea why the Queen didnt attened?
Old 05-22-2007, 09:00 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling
Thank you lula for the pictures. Its always so beautiful to see the king around his daughter. Yu could clearly see the close bond the two have. Any idea why the Queen didnt attened?
I don't think she likes bullfights.
Old 05-22-2007, 09:13 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora810
I am curious about something and it is possible this is not a good place to ask this question, but I'll do it anyways. Which daughter does the King seem closer to? Lately, I have seen a few pics the ones above from Lula and other pics that are older of Elena and the King and it does seem that they have a close bond. I was just curious what others thought.
Published reports are pretty consistent that while all three children are said to adore and deepy admire both parents, the Queen and Felipe have always had a particularly close relationship, which has now extended to include Letizia, whereas both Elena and Cristina have been especially close to the King. At least, that's what I have always read...
Old 05-23-2007, 03:12 AM
Imperial Majesty

El Rey, el 'español de la historia'

The King, the ' Spanish of the history '

The king Don Juan Carlos has been chosen this night, between 100 personalities, as " the Spanish of the history ", in a list in the one that is accompanied, between the first ten positions, by his wife, the queen Doña Sofía and his son, the Prince Felipe.

The Monarchy occupies, according to this survey realized to more than 3.000 citizens and presented last night in the program of Antenna 3 TV " The Spanish of the history ", a position more that emphasized in the history of Spain, up to the point of placing, between the first seven positions to the kings Don Juan Carlos and Dona Sofía, and to his son, Don Felipe.

In this respect, they emphasize also the queen Isabel Catholic, placed in the place number 11, Dona Letizia in 15 or Alfonso X Wise in 18.

(...)

The 10 most voted Spanish

1. The king Don Juan Carlos
2. Miguel de Cervantes
3. Cristóbal Colón
4. The Queen Sofia
5. Adolfo Suárez
6. Ramon and Cajal
7. The Prince Felipe
8. Pablo Picasso
9. Holy Teresa de Jesus
10. Felipe Gonzalez
Old 05-23-2007, 04:09 AM
Serene Highness

Location: desde mi ventana veo gibraltar español,reino de espaÑa, Spain
Juancarlistas AntiZp: SE HIZO JUSTICIA

La Lengua acompañó al Imperio (Antonio de Nebrija)
The Language
accompanied to the Empire (Antonio de Nebrija)

Old 05-23-2007, 04:53 AM
Serene Highness

Location: desde mi ventana veo gibraltar español,reino de espaÑa, Spain

La Lengua acompañó al Imperio (Antonio de Nebrija)
The Language
accompanied to the Empire (Antonio de Nebrija)

Old 05-23-2007, 02:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Gallery from LFI:

London Features International Ltd

Old 05-23-2007, 03:59 PM
Aristocracy

Enhorabuena To Hm And The Royal Family

It cheers much to me that king JC has been chosen “Spanish of history " this demonstrates that he counts on the affection, the respect and the admiration of the Spanishs, and of course, is deserved it.
Old 05-23-2007, 04:54 PM
Royal Highness

thanks for the pictures of lfi !!!
Old 05-26-2007, 06:15 PM
Nobility

As much as I admire my King I have to say that the poll itself is not serious and the answers are pretty much based on thoughts about today's people, Cristobal Colon show us a whole new world, half of the world speaks Spanish thanks to him and his crew regardless anything else, Ramon y Cajal discoreved the function of the neurons on the nervous system and the Cajal's cells, just to mention two ex... But we also have Charles the I, Gaudi, Severo Ochoa, El Cid, Cervantes, Pizarro, Don Pelayo, a myriad of great really historicals .

You just cannot take it seriously enough, too much royal family, people as Rocio Jurado and Lola Flores and even worse Bisbal! shoulder by shoulder with Nobel Prizes or some of Spain's greaters painters of all times, they are good or bad singers and deserve a place in other lists not on the Spaniard of the History. You can certainly not combined some tv shows with rigorous history and the 80% of the people on the list were from the XX century, is that what they call history?.

Anyways there's nothing to be worried about since we are 50 millions of citizens and only 3000 persons did vote on that poll, not representative at all and thaks God for that.
Old 05-27-2007, 09:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Los duques de Palma y el de Lugo visitan Segovia con sus hijos. nortecastilla.es

The Dukes of Palma and the Duke of Lugo visited Segovia with their children
Old 05-27-2007, 11:27 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisiñaki
Los duques de Palma y el de Lugo visitan Segovia con sus hijos. nortecastilla.es

The Dukes of Palma and the Duke of Lugo visited Segovia with their children

Good News! The Dukes Of Palma Are A Cute Family!
Old 05-28-2007, 12:34 AM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaniaRocks
As much as I admire my King I have to say that the poll itself is not serious and the answers are pretty much based on thoughts about today's people, Cristobal Colon show us a whole new world, half of the world speaks Spanish thanks to him and his crew regardless anything else, Ramon y Cajal discoreved the function of the neurons on the nervous system and the Cajal's cells, just to mention two ex... But we also have Charles the I, Gaudi, Severo Ochoa, El Cid, Cervantes, Pizarro, Don Pelayo, a myriad of great really historicals .

You just cannot take it seriously enough, too much royal family, people as Rocio Jurado and Lola Flores and even worse Bisbal! shoulder by shoulder with Nobel Prizes or some of Spain's greaters painters of all times, they are good or bad singers and deserve a place in other lists not on the Spaniard of the History. You can certainly not combined some tv shows with rigorous history and the 80% of the people on the list were from the XX century, is that what they call history?.

Anyways there's nothing to be worried about since we are 50 millions of citizens and only 3000 persons did vote on that poll, not representative at all and thaks God for that.
Yes...And I'm more than amazed they've forgotten Goya! Goya was a very important artist, not only for Spain but for the world, and he represents a whole era of his changing country since the middle of XVIII Century to the starts of XIX Century. They forgot him...Quite weird!

Vanesa.
Old 06-01-2007, 08:01 AM
Heir Apparent

TVE RELAYS IN DIRECT THE PARADE OF THE ARMED FORCES FROM LEON NEXT 3RD OF JUNE

Spanish television (the TVE) transmits in direct, from Leon, the traditional parade of the Day of the Armed Forces, in which the 1,750 military will participate, 45 airships and 60 vehicles of all type, pertaining to the Air and Ground forces, of the Navy and the Civil Guard, according to informed the TVE today.
The Kings and Prince Felipe will preside over the act, to which also it is predicted that they attend the minister of Defense, Jose Antonio Alonso; the president in functions of the Meeting of Castilla and Leon, Juan Vicente Herrera; the head of the General Staff of the Defense, Felix Sanz Roldán; and the chiefs of staff of the three Armies.

TVE RETRANSMITE EN DIRECTO EL DESFILE DE LAS FUERZAS ARMADAS DESDE LEÓN
Old 06-02-2007, 03:18 AM
Heir Apparent

Prince Felipe will accompany today to the Kings in the supper of the Armed Forces
About 250 guests go tonight to the Inn of San Marcos invited by the Real House

The Royal Family arrives half an hour before the banquet and will return tomorrow after the honor cocktail Its Majestys the Kings of Spain, Don Juan Carlos I and Doña Sofía, and Their Height Real Prince Felipe de Borbón will arrive tonight at Leon around the 21,00 hours to preside over in the Inn of San Marcos in full dress previous supper to the Day of the Armed Forces, offered by the Real House and which they will attend the main personalities of the civilian and military life of the province.

Diario de León :: Edición Digital