The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2007, 03:29 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
thanks for the info lula! although, in the last pictures of her in the circus, she looked quite slim. i would have thought with 5 months the baby bump shows. besides, she has no official partner at the moment, so i doubt it's true.
Yes, she supports a relation for enough time with a Spanish boy who is employed with her at The Philippines. The boy accompanied her to Spain when Erika died. What happens is that as the press cannot follow her in The Philippines, scarcely they have information of her only in few occasions that she travels to Spain. It seems that the magazine Hola will give more information.

Telma Ortiz se consuela con un buen amigo

Old 12-31-2007, 06:15 PM
Aristocracy

If they are not married will it be an issue in modern day Spain? Will the public care about this at all?

Old 12-31-2007, 06:51 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi P. View Post
If they are not married will it be an issue in modern day Spain? Will the public care about this at all?
In general it matters for the people little, nowadays in Spain it is something increasingly habitually .... but always there will be certain journalists who want to take advantage of it to criticize, though bearing the separation of the infanta Elena many have to close now the mouth... Many people those who criticized the divorcée Letizia now are kept silent by the Infanta Elena ... things of the life... but the majority of the people it does not concern for.
Old 12-31-2007, 07:10 PM
Aristocracy

Lula,
Thanks so much for answering my question. I like the way you showed how the separation of the Infanta Elena may actually change the degree of criticism leveled at Letizia. Very interesting!
Old 12-31-2007, 07:33 PM
Heir Apparent

official confirmation by ABC:

ABC.es: La hermana de la Princesa de Asturias espera su primer hijo
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 12-31-2007, 08:29 PM
Aristocracy

From Hola! : TELMA ORTIZ, HERMANA DE LA PRINCESA LETIZIA, ESPERA SU PRIMER HIJO

ABC make a mistake, Telma is 34 years old, not 36, she is more younger than Letizia.
Old 01-01-2008, 04:42 AM
Imperial Majesty

It´s nice that the Rocasolano family got some good news with Telma´s pregnancy, it´s a great start for a new year.
Old 01-01-2008, 05:50 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Yes ........... congratulations for her .
Old 01-01-2008, 06:07 AM
Imperial Majesty

New photos of Carla, her father Antonio Vigo and grandfather Jesus Ortiz here:
The Internet Forum/Royal Forum
Old 01-01-2008, 06:10 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapian View Post
From Hola! : TELMA ORTIZ, HERMANA DE LA PRINCESA LETIZIA, ESPERA SU PRIMER HIJO

ABC make a mistake, Telma is 34 years old, not 36, she is more younger than Letizia.
This is great news, Happy for her. Im not to bothered that she isnt amrried and still having a baby. Maybe they marry soon or when the baby is born or could be that they are just happy the way they are. Mum must be really happy so as Letizia
Old 01-01-2008, 06:25 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
New photos of Carla, her father Antonio Vigo and grandfather Jesus Ortiz here:
The Internet Forum/Royal Forum
It is terrible that the press insists and that they continue doing photos in the college of the girl, and that continue breaking the law and do not covering the face ... it is incredible, seems that or the family of the Princess takes this in the eyes of the law or it will be impossible that they respect Carla.
Old 01-01-2008, 06:28 AM
Imperial Majesty

Yes, I thought the same, when I saw the photos of Carla. Poor girl, she doesn´t want to be photographed. I hope the girl could live a peaceful childhood and youth, but knowing the paparazzis it won´t be so.
Old 01-01-2008, 09:31 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
In general it matters for the people little, nowadays in Spain it is something increasingly habitually .... but always there will be certain journalists who want to take advantage of it to criticize, though bearing the separation of the infanta Elena many have to close now the mouth... Many people those who criticized the divorcée Letizia now are kept silent by the Infanta Elena ... things of the life... but the majority of the people it does not concern for.
And Elena was even married in church!

Great news for Telma, guess who will be the godmother
Old 01-01-2008, 09:55 AM
Serene Highness

Congrats To Telma
Old 01-01-2008, 10:30 AM
Serene Highness

this is absolutely the best new years news ever!!! Congratulations to Thelma, Enrique and the whole family!!!!
Old 01-01-2008, 02:34 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
It is terrible that the press insists and that they continue doing photos in the college of the girl, and that continue breaking the law and do not covering the face ... it is incredible, seems that or the family of the Princess takes this in the eyes of the law or it will be impossible that they respect Carla.
I completely agree lula, it's a shame. I can't remember, since this topic keeps popping up from time to time, is there a law in Spain that - in theory - would protect Carla and would prevent papers from printing her pictures? If yes, why is it not respected? If Antonio Vigo can take this matter to court why won't he act, is it because the family does not want any "bad" reflection on the Princess? I don't mind much when it's about adults but for children there should be a different pain barrier and I don't believe that the spanish public or the public of any other country will have a different view since Carla only happens to be the niece of a Princess. Very unimportant and uninteresting, eg compared to Elena's children.
Old 01-01-2008, 02:54 PM
Imperial Majesty

In Spain there is a law for which the press cannot give the children's image without the express permission of the parents, they are forced, for law to covering their faces ... but not always they do it.

In case of the children of the Royal Family, they are a bit out of this law, because the Royal House and the press consider them public prominent figures. Nonetheless, in this topic the press has lost this autoregulation that was in the habit of having, and now the business is more important, and the limits are exceeded .... example the harassment to the children of the Infanta Elena after the separation.

In case of Carla, sense does not make because it is not a public figure. She should be to the margin of everything, and her family does the major effort in order that this way it is, but not always they obtain it. The family would have the whole right to denounce it, but certain press in Spain is very spiteful, and I am afraid that " the remedy is worse than the disease ", because they would end up by turning the topic something that to use against the family. So I think that they believe that it is better to carry it that to look for clashes.

I believe that the family of the Princess has been and is defenseless enough in the topic of the press, which I believe that takes advantage that the family does not want to cause problems to the image of the Princess. For them nobody demands respect and prudence like apparently has asked the Royal House to the press in case of the Infanta Elena.
Old 01-01-2008, 03:11 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
In Spain there is a law for which the press cannot give the children's image without the express permission of the parents, they are forced, for law to covering their faces ... but not always they do it.

In case of the children of the Royal Family, they are a bit out of this law, because the Royal House and the press consider them public prominent figures. Nonetheless, in this topic the press has lost this autoregulation that was in the habit of having, and now the business is more important, and the limits are exceeded .... example the harassment to the children of the Infanta Elena after the separation.

In case of Carla, sense does not make because it is not a public figure. She should be to the margin of everything, and her family does the major effort in order that this way it is, but not always they obtain it. The family would have the whole right to denounce it, but certain press in Spain is very spiteful, and I am afraid that " the remedy is worse than the disease ", because they would end up by turning the topic something that to use against the family. So I think that they believe that it is better to carry it that to look for clashes.

I believe that the family of the Princess has been and is defenseless enough in the topic of the press, which I believe that takes advantage that the family does not want to cause problems to the image of the Princess. For them nobody demands respect and prudence like apparently has asked the Royal House to the press in case of the Infanta Elena.
Many thanks for your reply lula. I completely share your view and think that the media behaviour is absolutely shameful. As you say, Carla is no public figure therefore she should be left alone or only be shown with a hidden face. Royal children must be an exception though as they are kind of "heritage" but should not be the subject of media harrassment either. I understand that the topic can develop into a difficult topic for Zarzuela therefore it's ok if they keep out but it's a bit of a double standard if they ask for privacy for Elena's children but not for Carla who is obviously included in some private occasions of the SRF. A child is a child, even if Carla is no Borbon but only related to the PoA, and therefore deserves protection.
Old 01-01-2008, 06:59 PM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative – Spain

Great news, congratulations to Telma and Enrique
Old 01-01-2008, 07:21 PM
Nobility

When is she due?