Princess Letizia's Family, News Part 4: February 2008 - May 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Empress

Heir Apparent
Country
United States
Here is the new thread about the family of Princess Letizia. The old thread can be found here.

Please remember that only post links to pictures unless you personally hold the copyright to the picture.

Have fun!

PALOMA ROCASOLANO SOBRE EL EMBARAZO DE SU HIJA TELMA: 'VA MUY BIEN'22 FEBRERO 2008
La madre de la Princesa de Asturias, Paloma Rocasolano, continúa siendo el único miembro de la familia en hablar sobre la buena noticia del embarazo de Telma. Cuando faltan semanas para que nazca el primer hijo de Telma, ella continúa fuera de Madrid. La casa de su abuela Menchu Álvarez en Ribadesella (Asturias) se ha convertido en su refugio desde primeros de enero y también ha visitado a la familia de su novio, Enrique, que vive en Toledo con los suyos.

Sin embargo, ni Telma, ni su novio, han querido expresar en público la lógica felicidad que deben sentir. Su madre, Paloma Rocasolano, en cambio, no ha podido eludir. Sabe que es un asunto que su hija quiere llevar en privado, con celo absoluto. Siempre con una sonrisa, Paloma se limita a hacer gala de una exquisita educación y responder aunque sin dar detalles que podrían herir susceptibilidades. Un simple: “Va muy bien” es suficiente.

La revista ¡HOLA! adelantaba esta semana que el bebé que espera la hermana de doña Letizia es una niña. Paloma, llegando a su trabajo no quiso hablar sobre este tema. Tras confirmar que su hija está bien, añadió: “Yo no digo nada”. El bebé que está a punto de nacer será el cuarto nieto para Paloma y su ex marido, Jesús Ortiz. La mayor es Carla, hija de Erika –fallecida el pasado año- y las pequeñas, las infantas Leonor y Sofía, las hijas de los Príncipes de Asturias. Siguiendo quizás el deseo de los padres, ya no dijo nada más cuando se le preguntó si ya tienen el nombre escogido: “Eso es cosa de los padres”.

hola.com

According Hello, the first son of Thelma is a girl.

Don't you think they are giving much too importance to the sister of Princess Letizia? She is not royal, and she is already appearing on magazine covers and gets followed by papparazzi eveywhere she goes. I think she is getting accostumed to the limelight and is not upset by that!!! What do you think?

Another thing I would like to give my opinion is on her pregnacy without being married. I consider that in her case, since she is the sister of the future Queen of Spain she try to act a little bit more traditional so not to embarass her sister of the family of her sister.

Don't you think they are giving much too importance to the sister of Princess Letizia? She is not royal, and she is already appearing on magazine covers and gets followed by papparazzi eveywhere she goes. I think she is getting accostumed to the limelight and is not upset by that!!! What do you think?

Another thing I would like to give my opinion is on her pregnacy without being married. I consider that in her case, since she is the sister of the future Queen of Spain she try to act a little bit more traditional so not to embarass her sister of the family of her sister.

the world has changed, and sometimes we don't all agree with the change. many people now don't consider a baby born out of wedlock as an embarassment, most especially if this child has been welcomed by both parents and that those parents are responsible and can guarantee the well-being of the child. granted, that goes against the teachings of the Catholic Church, of which she is a member, and i don't know how religious she is, but if she wanted to have a baby and that she knows she can raise it then why should she be ashamed?

and while i agree with the first question you raised, i don't think Telma loves the attention brought about by having a famous sister. if you've seen previous videos where she's being chased by the media, most of the time she has her head down or averted and she's just walking, as if walking away, not even stopping to talk. at times she's even sort of running.

besides, if she really loved the attention, then she would have cashed in on this fame and gave 'exclusive' interviews to the magazines every time she can (most especially now that she's pregnant), made sure her work gets publicity, and posed for the paparazzi while attending high-profile society events. but as we can all see she did not; she stayed quiet and did her own thing.

but these are just my thoughts, though.

Last edited:

I personally think that Telma is at the very end of the scala when ranking the most embarrassing siblings of royals as she does not seek the spotlight or attention at the expense of her royal sister or even the SRF. Whether she's married or not, lives with her boyfriend or not or is a member of the church or not is completely her own business and I don't think anybody bothers. There are other issues in today's society to worry about than how the CP's sister choses to live her life.

Camarina
According Hello, the first son of Thelma is a girl.

I do hope it's a girl. If it's a boy I am sure the Yellow Press will pick up on it because it will provide a subject for many silly stories. As long as the constitution officially prefers the male heir the media will speculate on the issue if Letizia should give birth to a boy or not. With Telma eventually having a son this topic will be back on the agenda and will give the Yellow Press plenty to write about, from the baby boy's impact on Letizias' state of mind or the pressure by the adamant King who finally demands a male successor :ohmy:.

gamali said:

I hardly think Thelma loves the spotlight. All the shots from her, including the cover shots were paparazzi ones, taken while she was out and about on the street.

Thelma has lived until now in the Philippines, working for Doctors Without Borders. Pretty much away of everything that could be considered "limelight". She's back in Spain now to have her baby and I guess she's the least person to blame for having her picture taken, or do you think she has to stay inside her house and not to go out so her picture won't be taken?

In regards to a baby born out of wedlock, we have no idea about her situation with her boyfriend, who, by the way, is in Spain with her. They could be married and no one knows about it, or they could be planning to get married after the baby is born or none of these.

I guess that, in the end, what matters for this child is to be loved by his parents and by his family. And, based on what I saw so far, I believe he or she will be very much loved.

03-03-2008 Madrid Princess Letizia´s sister, Telma Ortiz, walling around in Madrid after leaving a friend at Barajas airport. Monday, 3 Mar. 2008. Telma Ortiz will give birth at the end of March.

PPE Agency

oh dear she looks very upset in the last pictures.

Telma and Enrique in Toledo
SeegerPress

Telma has been looking very sloppy lately, unkempt, more like a bag lady than the pretty lady who used to sparkle at her sisters' events.

More pics of Telma. Not sure why she felt the need to wear her purple slippers outside on the street.
MediumPhoto

Yes. Times changes. But some of us doesn't agree with these, and the fact that these changes are worldwide accepted doesn't make a good thing of them.

Poor litle girl is not to blame: she is welcome in this world, and I'm very happy she is born, as I'm happy about every little girl or boy's birth. They are a God gift. And of course, I don't approve that some priest wouldn't want to christen one of these babies only for they are born out of wedlock. The reason? They are not guilty. They never ask to come here. They parents bring her/him to this world. And our duty is to receive them and to love them.

But I think that parents are to blame, at least in certain cases. One thing is the fooled poor girl who is abandoned by his boyfriend when she is pregnant. She believed in love and the boyfriend laughed at her, using her as a thing and then, leting her aside. This abandoned girl, single mother needs our love , our comprenssion and our care. Howver, there are cases when the father doesn't want to marry...or (nowadays most of them) the mather is refractary to marry. The excuse is that "matrimony is a bourgeois institution and blah, blah, blah"....I know these. And I don't like these people. They are free not to marry. But let me, at least the freedom of doesn't like them either. This newborn in Princess Letizia's family has two parents , they didn't broke with each other...but they wouldn't marry. The only thing I can say is: poor girl!

And I'd rather let aside the fact they are somewhat involved to Spain Royal family, for if I make a comment, I'll be banned for sure! :ROFLMAO:

When I choose Monarchy as the ideal system it was only for I'm far, far away of being a postmodern and I was searching something classic and traditionalist. I'm now finding that Monarchy is exactly the same than the other systems. Monarchy was wonderful in the past. Nowadays, I see there only a bunch of rich people who does what they wants. I must accept that I'm not interested any more in any system. All is the same garbage.

Vanesa. :bang:

there only a bunch of rich people who does what they wants.

I would not say that. I think this is because royals are humans too. Some of them think like this, some of them think like that. This did not just happen now, this happend back in the past too. Some were kept as a secret, some were not.

While I am not fond of the idea of a child being born out of wedlock, I wish her a safe pregnancy and delivery. :flowers:

But yes, she does seem quite umkept and frustrated lately...well on the pictures that is!

Yes. Times changes. But some of us doesn't agree with these, and the fact that these changes are worldwide accepted doesn't make a good thing of them.

I take it you've never heard of other royals' illegitimate children and adulterous marriages since time immemorial. Too many to mention but since we're in the Spanish board we don't have to look far, King Juan Carlos is one of them and many of his Borbon ancestors.

Telma is a pretty sister, she was single, and there were rumors from the foreign press that Prince Albert of Monaco was interested at her. Thus the press pays/paid her more attention whenever she is/was in Spain. I don't think she ever seeked the media attention or tried to take advantage of her sister's status, I always have an impression she is actually not comfortable in Spain as a sister of PoA, would prefer living in a far away country, however right now Enrique seems to plan to resume his lawyer career in Spain according to the press. Love alone is not enough for a lasting happy marriage, sharing a common goal, the comfort of daily life and work also plays important parts. Good luck to them and the future baby :flowers:.

Do we actually know that they are not married? Telma wears a ring that does look like a wedding band. I agree with donnaK, Telma is no attention seeker and would prefer an ordinary life without media attention. The problem is that this won't be possible in Spain as Telma already will have realized. Therefore, if they still plan their future in Spain, they will have to live with being harrassed every time they appear in public and unfortunately that will apply to their child, too.

Not sure what's going on but when a scruffy looking Telma makes an emotional appearance at Madrid airport when yelling at her poor friend the paparazzi will know that Telma staying in Spain will be a good thing for their salaries.

Not sure what's going on but when a scruffy looking Telma makes an emotional appearance at Madrid airport when yelling at her poor friend the paparazzi will know that Telma staying in Spain will be a good thing for their salaries.

She did that?? I think that even if she doesn't belong to the royal family she should know how to behave in public, her sister is going to be the next Queen of Spain and that should really mean something to her and to her family!!!!:bang: And beeing outside with her pink sleepers shoes doens't help at all :ohmy: What does Letizia think about this???

She did that?? I think that even if she doesn't belong to the royal family she should know how to behave in public, her sister is going to be the next Queen of Spain and that should really mean something to her and to her family!!!!:bang: And beeing outside with her pink sleepers shoes doens't help at all :ohmy: What does Letizia think about this???

Thelma isn't a member of the royal family
in the fact the infantes el rey have the same fotos
children for the infanta christina too
el rey too
what telma does change su live for su hermana?
she is not married with the prince
y NO IS A MEMBER OF THE ROYAL FAMILY
the press is bad

Totally agree with you InfateLeonor!!

Telma Ortiz has everyday 4 or 5 paparazzi´s cars followign her wherever seems goes. It´s normal that she said STOP to the press!!!!!

The press is sick ... and I say it in the worst of the senses:bang:. Cannot they leave a pregnant woman calm ? In Asturias, in Toledo, in Madrid ... go where she goes the press chases her.

They did not have sufficiently in spite of harassing Erika, in spite of judging every step of her life ... do they need that a new misfortune happens? Because as they are still like that some day will happen. It is not possible that they are chasing always to the cars, sticking cameras to their faces...

And I cannot avoid say that this says enough little of the Royal House, they have put all the possible means to defend the King or the Infanta Elena and her children, have not had problems in pressing to the press for it, but they have never moved a finger for protecting to this family. And this family is behaving in a very worthy way and with many patience, supporting many things.

I agree lula, especially Paloma's attitude is admirable. She is always very polite and friendly despite being chased by photographers on a daily basis.
Even though the behaviour of the media is appalling it is pretty predictable. I am actually surprised that Telma exposes herself (and her partner and soon born baby) to this harrassment after all that happened to her sister(s) and choses to stay in Madrid (or Toledo which is nearby). The media attention won't go away and the pictures already reveal that Telma doesn't take this frenzy as easy as her mother, for example. I wonder what the Royal House is thinking about those unflattering pictures and why they do not interfere, Telma is nine months pregnant after all and should be left alone.

Duke, has Thelma to give up being near her family for the press? Do we live in the world upside-down? A woman who is going to take a baby as the first time wants to be with her family, with her mother. More when the family has passed for a situation like that they have passed. Let's not make not normal what is normal and logical.

The Royal House knows that if the press speaks about Letizia, her daughters or her family, the rest is not interested, not the ancient histories of the King, not even the awaited separation of Infanta Elena, they don´t have the same hearing or generate the same money.

The Ortiz-Rocasolano, would have the whole right to take legal actions against the press, because the press has exceeded more than once the limits of the legality and the elementary rights. If they do not do it it is for not causing problems to the Princess and to the Royal Household. The problem is the attitude of the Royal House before the press, the minimal thing that they should do is to demand respect for this family and to give them protection.

Thelma can dress like want, she is a person deprived in her private life. All the members of the Royal Family have photos where they are far from being perfect. For my it is not strange that a woman with an advanced pregnancy, which is resting in her garden, in a small village with few houses and few neighbors, dresses of comfortable form. The strange thing was when the Infanta Cristina walked her children in pajamas for the most expensive neighborhood of Barcelona.

Last edited:
I think the behaviour of the press is despicable. Thelma is a private citizen who has not sought press attention in any way and she should be free to live anywhere she wants without anybody harassing her. Why should she hide? Why would she avoid living in Madrid or Toledo, where her family, friends and probably her doctor are? The simple reason is that there is a group of people making really good money selling these pictures. The reproach should be directed to them, not Thelma for not being dressed as a model when going about her daily life. I've seen pictures of the Infantas dressed very informally when out and about, and? I really wish they would leave the Ortiz family alone.

I am actually surprised that Telma exposes herself (and her partner and soon born baby) to this harrassment after all that happened to her sister(s) and choses to stay in Madrid (or Toledo which is nearby). The media attention won't go away and the pictures already reveal that Telma doesn't take this frenzy as easy as her mother, for example. I wonder what the Royal House is thinking about those unflattering pictures and why they do not interfere, Telma is nine months pregnant after all and should be left alone.

Telma like any private citizen is entitled to live wherever she wants, give birth wherever she wants, raise her child wherever she wants, work wherever she wants, build a family wherever she wants, etc. She should live her life and not live it for other people, in this case the despicable paparazzis and pink press. The bottom line is they should leave her alone. If you're a mother you should know that a birth of a child is an experience that you want to share with your loved ones, family and friends so it just makes sense to choose to stay in Madrid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom