Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 10: September - November 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Vanitatis.com - La escapada de doña Letizia

Talks about Letizia going with Leo to the circus and then going out through the back, where the cattle is to avoid being pictured

It says it was a bit of a Victoria Beckham attitude and all was left was to ask for Leo's face to be hidden

This was also discussed in Telecinco, one of the main spanish tv networks

Vanitatis.com - La escapada de doña Letizia

Talks about Letizia going with Leo to the circus and then going out through the back, where the cattle is to avoid being pictured

It says it was a bit of a Victoria Beckham attitude and all was left was to ask for Leo's face to be hidden

This was also discussed in Telecinco, one of the main spanish tv networks

Sometimes she was taking the advice of the security people, who might be afraid of the situation out of control. We don't know how many bodyguards she brought, might not be enough.
Plus this article is from Paloma B, not a reliable source.

Sometimes she was taking the advice of the security people, who might be afraid of the situation out of control. We don't know how many bodyguards she brought, might not be enough.
Plus this article is from Paloma B, not a reliable source.

If it's true it's simply ludicrous no matter if it's Letizia or any other CP taking their children out. Queen Sofia is a great example how to handle the situation when being out and about with the grandkids: Give the opportunity for a shot and that's it. It's only natural that people are interested in the royal kids, especially in the heiress. A quick shot & smile does not do any harm since being photographed wherever she goes will be a permanent component of Leonor's life anyway.

The comparison to Posh is very wrong though: She would have informed the media BEFORE the event so make sure they turn up and show her as a caring mom, something Letizia does not have to demonstrate.

I don't belive that was true! Letizia should be used to be phograhf everywhere she goes! She knows that it will be a part of her life for ever and more if she is with Leonor around. A shot and a smile will give the pleasure to see Leonor again and that will be a great joy for everyone, why don't allow that??? I cannot uderstand this kind of behaviour (if that was true of course).

quite an adorable casual outfit for letizia at the rastrillo. i loved it (the skirt, especially)!

i agree, however, on the circus issue: why not go out through the main gate and let the press see how you enjoy your time with your daughter? it will only take 5 minutes.

Last edited:
this article: Vanitatis.com - La Princesa Letizia y el ‘efecto Melendi’ explains the trip of the princes and family and the queen to barcelona to visit the daughter of princess alexia.

Todo parecía ir bien hasta que entró en acción la princesa. De pie, sentada, acodada en el respaldo de la Reina, paseando por el pasillo con Leonor, cambiándola el pantalón, pidiendo lo que fuera a las azafatas, entrando y saliendo del cuarto de baño con la infantita… Lo que se dice un no parar. Mientras, el príncipe, a sus cosas, y los niños portándose de cine, sobre todo la sobrina Carla que, según testigos, es una niña monísima. Cuando el avión aterrizó en el Prat, algunos de los pasajeros se encontraban fuera de juego. El brío, la energía y el nervio de doña Letizia les dejó exhaustos.

according to the paragraph, letizia "had a lot of energy": she got up, walked with leonor, took her to the bathroom several times, asked for things to the hostesses and changed leonor's trousers. the passengers mentioned how surprised they were with letizia's energy. the kids behaved well apparently and the prince was concentrating in his things meanwhile.

it's a 50 minutes trip, I wonder why she was restless, when even the kids were at ease and sitting? :ermm:

the paragraph Carlota kindly provided talks about how the passengers got tired of her moving all over the plane and how they were exhausted at the end of the trip because of her attitude and the fact that Felipe didn't say anything

Paloma Barrientos is not a reliable source, Peñafiel isn't a reliable source either; but Maria Eugenia Yague, Mariangels Alcazar, and all other pro-Lety "journalists" are?

Measure them all with the same measure, otherwise it won't be fair ;)

it's a 50 minutes trip, I wonder why she was restless, when even the kids were at ease and sitting? :ermm:

the paragraph Carlota kindly provided talks about how the passengers got tired of her moving all over the plane and how they were exhausted at the end of the trip because of her attitude and the fact that Felipe didn't say anything

Paloma Barrientos is not a reliable source, Peñafiel isn't a reliable source either; but Maria Eugenia Yague, Mariangels Alcazar, and all other pro-Lety "journalists" are?

Measure them all with the same measure, otherwise it won't be fair ;)

If they were in and out of restroom, likely Leonor was/is in the process of potty train. Sometimes, the kid doesn't want to go back to the seat after going to the restroom, it happens all the time. Remember she is a terrible 2.
Was Paloma on the plane herself ? She probably got it 2nd, 3rd handed, plus her own exaggeration as usual. Mariangels Alcazar is more reliable most of the time since she is the royal insider with the connection inside Zarzuela.

If it's true it's simply ludicrous no matter if it's Letizia or any other CP taking their children out. Queen Sofia is a great example how to handle the situation when being out and about with the grandkids: Give the opportunity for a shot and that's it. It's only natural that people are interested in the royal kids, especially in the heiress. A quick shot & smile does not do any harm since being photographed wherever she goes will be a permanent component of Leonor's life anyway.

The comparison to Posh is very wrong though: She would have informed the media BEFORE the event so make sure they turn up and show her as a caring mom, something Letizia does not have to demonstrate.

It's not just the photographers, also the crowd. Like I said before, often the securities are the ones that decided where to go for the royals. Queen Sofia were with 3 kids, likely she had enough help with bodyguards. Did you see the pictures of Elena, Foilan and Victoria watching the circus last weekend, why no pictures of Letizia and Leonor inside ? Who knows if they really went or not.
On the comparison to Posh, well it's from Paloma Barrientos, what else do you expect ? :eek:

Last edited:
I can totally relate to the potty training (I had to go through it with TWO kids and no nannies at the same time and it's :bang: :eek: :lol:), but that was only one of the reasons why Letizia was moving all over the plane

The thing about spanish royal "journalists" is that they are all biased, whether is pro-Lety or anti-Lety, so I take what they all say with a pinch of salt, because as you said, they tend to overreact and go to extremes at praising or critizicing:ermm:

We haven't gotten pics from some Letizia and Leo appareances like Carla's birthday both years (totally understandable this year, but a bit strange last year), some news about Letizia going in and going out of places, so I wouldn't consider it different from those ones: you believe them all or you don't believe any of them

I can totally relate to the potty training (I had to go through it with TWO kids and no nannies at the same time and it's :bang: :eek: :lol:), but that was only one of the reasons why Letizia was moving all over the plane

The thing about spanish royal "journalists" is that they are all biased, whether is pro-Lety or anti-Lety, so I take what they all say with a pinch of salt, because as you said, they tend to overreact and go to extremes at praising or critizicing:ermm:

Maybe Leonor wanted to take a walk, 1 hour flight was still a bit long for a 2-year-old to sit still on her seat. Also could just be Paloma's exaggeration as usual.
Whether I believe their stories or not really depends on the contents of the stories. If Mariangel said that the Princes and Queen with the kids went to Barcelona, I would believe her due to her connection inside Zarzuela, if she started telling stories on the plane experiece, blah blah blah (I know she didn't), I would take it with a grain of salt too since she was not on the plane herself.

We haven't gotten pics from some Letizia and Leo appareances like Carla's birthday both years (totally understandable this year, but a bit strange last year), some news about Letizia going in and going out of places, so I wouldn't consider it different from those ones: you believe them all or you don't believe any of them

I heard Beatrice from ABC lives next door to Jesus Ortiz. If she reported the events happened in her father's house, it was probably true.

Last edited:
Letizia is not calm, she's so energetic, Maybe she was a little nervous..
but to tell that the passengers got tired of her moving is RIDUCULOUS!!
When I trip I see people doing noise, moving, going to the bath and I don't get tired because they do that!!

Letizia is not calm, she's so energetic, Maybe she was a little nervous..
but to tell that the passengers got tired of her moving is RIDUCULOUS!!
When I trip I see people doing noise, moving, going to the bath and I don't get tired because they do that!!

I already said it's probably the exaggeration of Paloma B, take it with a grain of salt.

I don't see what was the big deal of Letizia and Leonor moving around everywhere. Well, obviously, it's annoying to other passengers (trust me, every flight I've been on seems to have a crying, upset, angry, or otherwise loud child on it), but it's normal. I don't know what kind of flight it was, but if it was a normal flight there were probably three or four other loud babies and toddlers on there too. And, judging by everybody else's reactions to the journalists, it might not be the most trusted source either.

Isn't it well known that Letizia has lots of energy? From what I can see on video she is always alert and ready and actually never came across to me as a person who will sit still in a chair and read a book or relax (like Felipe). No difference when we see her on these semi-private occasions, eg with Leonor. Letizia is always in motion with her daughter, touching here, flattening the dress there, correcting the position of the hairclips next, very restless. I don't critizise it but this is the impression that I have when I look at her.

People who are calmer and want to relax, eg on this occasion on the plane, might get annoyed when there is somebody running around all the time and is unable to sit still. Not everybody enjoys small children on a plane whose parents don't encourage them to be calm but hey she's only 2 and something might have troubled her. If it's true that people complained afterwards, well, they must have a thin skin as the flight was only 50 min. If it was 5 hours I would have understood.

Duke you talk as if you would have been in that plane,
Doesn´t you thought that perhaps this story is not entirely true?

Neither of us were in that plane, so I do not think that it is just creating controversy about something that does not even Barrientosd fully known and if so, I am sure that she has exaggerated negatively it because she does not like princess Letizia.
So I do not give credence to this absurd story that purports to be alarmist.

Last edited:
The last year during the New Year hollidays, the articl were about a Princes of Asturias 's Milan trip and the same reliable source, a little be obssess, who was not in the plane!!!!, told how the Princess was so proud of Leonor that the Hostesses had tosay yes, how the Prince was oblige to walk with the little Leonor in the looby to play with her and so on...

I'm totally unable to download a link but if your are high tech, may be you can to know a spanish blog quiet sacarstic :" the blog of Barbie" where the writter has mad an excellent articla about the "critics whithout reasons" which is now the editorial line of Paloma Barrientos. I'm trying to find the link because it's interesting and well founded.

So funny!!!!!! What will to have in the next article ????

Duke you talk as if you would have been in that plane,
Doesn´t you thought that perhaps this story is not entirely true?

Neither of us were in that plane, so I do not think that it is just creating controversy about something that does not even Barrientosd fully known and if so, I am sure that she has exaggerated negatively it because she does not like princess Letizia.
So I do not give credence to this absurd story that purports to be alarmist.

Only because none of us, neither of course Paloma Barientos were in theplane is suficient to say that as usual Paloma Barientos is a little exagerating.

I think actually that Paloma Barientos has a problem with the Princess of Asturias and I was saying upper I'm not alone at all

barbiejusticiera.blogspot.com In spanish, read the article con the title "la mania de Paloma Barientos"

That woman is disgusting, she is Jaime Peñafiel female version. HATEFUL.

I think that Letizia enjoys the attention. Even during interviews, she is always telling the reporters how beautiful her daughter is or how blue her eyes are--I think that if Leonor was not an Infanta of Spain, most people would not pay much attention. I agree with Duke regarding the fact that Letizia is always doing something to Leonor--fixing something, making sure the dress is straight, making sure her hair is perfect. It is too much for me. Hopefully, it is just a first-time mother syndrome. She loves the attention whether you like to admit it or not.

I think that Letizia enjoys the attention. Even during interviews, she is always telling the reporters how beautiful her daughter is or how blue her eyes are--I think that if Leonor was not an Infanta of Spain, most people would not pay much attention. I agree with Duke regarding the fact that Letizia is always doing something to Leonor--fixing something, making sure the dress is straight, making sure her hair is perfect. It is too much for me. Hopefully, it is just a first-time mother syndrome. She loves the attention whether you like to admit it or not.

We don`'t have to admit nothing, that is just your opinion. That's it.

But among Crown princesses it is abviously that princess Letizia is the most down to earth, if she wanted to catch the atention from everyone, she could just wear that expensive cloth like other princesses do, or go for an interview in a magazine like oher princesses have done, but she doesn't.

SHE JUST LOVE HER DAUGHTERS, IF I'M NOT WRONG MAXIMA DID THE SAME WITH AMALIA, and nobody said nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!, so why now, even Maxima nowdays remain being sooooo over protective and touching with their daughters in public there are pics to confirm this, and definetly, princess Letiza doesn't need atention, even though, she needs some rest from the media, because everybody wants to know about her, that is the difference. that's it.:rolleyes:

I don't agree that she enjoys the attention. She's a famous public figure therefore the media makes her the center of attention. It's not her fault you know. Of all the crown princesses she's the one who doesn't have her own agenda and doesn't care about fashion always repeating her clothes and need I say more about her hair plus no interviews and no magazine covers. I wonder what made you think she loves the attention because I don't see it at all. Why, what does "loves the attention" mean to you? Always doing something to Leonor is not a sign of loving attention but a sign of being a perfectionist (that I will agree) which people know she is. In addition, how many times has she said that her daughters are beautiful and have blue eyes? I follow the SRF with news, articles, magazines, and videos and I know for sure that she doesn't always tell reporters when she's asked about them "how beautiful her daughter is or how blue her eyes are".

That is true She NEVER has said that her daughters have blue eyes, Never!!!!!, The journalist who work in Zarzuela Palace have talked about the little infantas phisycal features, but Princess NEVER, so before to make a statement is better to be well informed

The Spanish press must be desperate for stories if they are getting so "over-excited" about these two "incidents".

We don`'t have to admit nothing, that is just your opinion. That's it.

But among Crown princesses it is abviously that princess Letizia is the most down to earth, .:rolleyes:

If you mean that she has the most earthy biography I would agree. Letizia has it harder because of her life prior to becoming a princess. One area that is harder to critique is her mothering and she is trying to focus the media on that perspective IMO. Sadly, someone is trying to chip away at that aspect too.:eek:

I look forward to her taking a more active and independent role in the Spanish monarchy. She is the only one we don't get to view and I think we would like what we see if she was given a chance. But then I think all the CP's are doing a great job, each in their own and unique way and I am sadden when people start comparing them for some reason. It is like comparing snowflakes, no two are the same.

On a shallow note, I hope Letizia gets her fashion mojo back soon too. She was the one CP that I would copy in her early years. :ermm:

That is true She NEVER has said that her daughters have blue eyes, Never!!!!!, The journalist who work in Zarzuela Palace have talked about the little infantas phisycal features, but Princess NEVER, so before to make a statement is better to be well informed

that is not true, I don't think it is bad, but when they presented Sofía, she said: Look how blue her eyes are.
I don't think it is bad, but she said it.

that is not true, I don't think it is bad, but when they presented Sofía, she said: Look how blue her eyes are.

No, no darling, you're wrong, she was talking with the jpurnalist, and they told Princess Letizia what a beautiful baby, and Princess Letizia said,Y TIENE UNOS OJOS, and she has an eyes, in that moment she opened her eyes in an expressive way, trying to say that Sofia looks everything very surprised, BUT IN ANY MOMENT SHE SAID THAT HER BABY HAS BLUE EYES, I WATCHED IN TV, AND EVEN I HAVE THAT VIDEO IN MY PC, so she never say this and that about her daughters, she talk about them when people ask her for them.This was in her christening.

The first time Princes presented litte Sofia people ask them for sofia eyes color and they said that her eyes haven't been defined, they didn't know what color they were going to be.

Last edited:

Exactly unless people will not consider HOLA a reliable source ;) She might not have said the eyes were blue but praised her daughter(s) and there is nothing wrong with that.

That's always the problem with the sources: if they don't praise they must not be reliable and if they do praise don't dare to question the source because the content definitely is a fact.

DOÑA LETIZIA: 'SOFÍA ES BUENA PERO NO TANTO COMO LEONOR A SU EDAD'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom