The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 06:06 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisiñaki View Post
so now we're not allowed to voice our opinions about her hair? it's not our fault she has such a ghastly hairdo
she got a solo act, yay! let's see how long till the next one
With much luck there will be another one this year I hope Zarzuela will allow more with time passing, especially regarding the journalist / media topic. It's so weird that Felipe presents media prizes or honours journalists and does speeches while the expert has to sit there and listen and put on a brave face

The suit and this white / silver combination looks good. Other ladies of the evening are wearing similar clothing and colours.

Old 09-19-2007, 06:13 PM
Nobility

Quote:
so now we're not allowed to voice our opinions about her hair? it's not our fault she has such a ghastly hairdo

Crisiñaki I see that you are enjoing much tonight at Letizia´s expense.

Letizia will continue with her agenda in solitaire and I am sure that we will see Letizia work a lot, probably she will be one of the crown princess with the most filled agenda.

Her style of clothes always is simple and PROFESSIONAL, and her hair is perfectly cut and very polished,If you do not like it it is respectable but the ridicule is not necessary.
Even so she is not perfect but she is a happy woman and at least she always has a smile in her face and not a rancid, unpleasant and disagreeable face

Old 09-19-2007, 06:18 PM
Aristocracy

That suit with that beautiful grey suit look great on her, i like her shoes and handbag,but the thing i love the most is her brooch,it is so beautiful.
i really hope to see her in solo events soon,and god please please make her hair grow longer soooon,i hate that bang.
Old 09-19-2007, 06:43 PM
Imperial Majesty

Princess Letizia Hosts Save the Children Foundation Awards
September 19, 2007
Madrid, Spain

WireImage: Listings

Some of the photos
http://i7.tinypic.com/538njm1.jpg
http://i17.tinypic.com/6hdylgy.jpg
http://i14.tinypic.com/4xvhoit.jpg
http://i19.tinypic.com/5xiykog.jpg
http://i16.tinypic.com/3yo5pvl.jpg

I like the images of the Princess with Graca Machel, seem to have enough complicity. I hope that the Princess could to collaborate with her in someone of her activities and projects.

Graca Machel with Nelson Mandela in the dinner on the occasion of the wedding of the Princes.
http://i13.tinypic.com/3yqscwh.jpg
Old 09-19-2007, 06:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
There exists a thread where you and others can give interesting opinions about Princess Letizia`hairstyle

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...yles-4023.html

This thread is about current events , that is something more discussion about hair, shoes, dress etc
Old 09-19-2007, 07:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanletizia View Post
There exists a thread where you and others can give interesting opinions about Princess Letizia`hairstyle

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...yles-4023.html

This thread is about current events , that is something more discussion about hair, shoes, dress etc

I have to think you for your courage in front some o the participants who don't succeed to make the difference between their own taste - thinking it's the best one- and the freedom to dress as you want according the event that you are doing.

I think that we can be a little astonishing by some remarks, always the sames about the weight of the Princess, what the trubbles? she is thin, for some of you a walking skeleton, it seems to me that it's not a problem to have a husband totally in love, to make two magnific babies girl... and mainly to have intellectual activities; to be thin don't stop to think, in my opinion

Why, now she has her own agenda to try to find in wich field and how she can developp her activitiee- because the rigidity structure of the Royal House: We have to thank these of you who have noticed that the Princess dosen't have a good hairdresser but that it's more sure is that she don't have any assistant or secretary! Oh my God , it's true as Leonor is now going to school, may be she can be use as a private secretary of the Princess: hairdresser, secretary two posts important to make some economies. Right, we have to be more clever

As the ridiculous don't kill anyone I'm not anxious for them, but it's very relevant of the intellectual level of this combantants who during a while had mad a claim to stigmatise the fact that the Princess didn't have her own agenda, then she has one, the single remarks are about her weight - Oh my God, even if I don't see what my God is useful in this matter- what a trubbles? it's not your problem, is whithout total interest because I don't know if you have realize the Princess of Asturias isn't a goose at proper sens and at figurative sens, isen't it?
Old 09-19-2007, 08:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
With much luck there will be another one this year I hope Zarzuela will allow more with time passing, especially regarding the journalist / media topic. It's so weird that Felipe presents media prizes or honours journalists and does speeches while the expert has to sit there and listen and put on a brave face

The suit and this white / silver combination looks good. Other ladies of the evening are wearing similar clothing and colours.
Yeah, one of the things I've never been able to understand is why Letizia hasn't gotten a full agenda of her own after 3 years, it would be fun watching her doing her own acts all the time and Felipe having his own agenda away from her

I think they'll be better apart in acts than together, 'cuz all the puppy love doesn't let them work properly

I agree with you DoM, the white/silver was the topic of the event and it looked good on her, once again, the only bad were hair and shoes, the rest was quite ok

After that basketball fashion disaster, I think anything we see on her is better than that one
Old 09-19-2007, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Yeah, one of the things I've never been able to understand is why Letizia hasn't gotten a full agenda of her own after 3 years, it would be fun watching her doing her own acts all the time and Felipe having his own agenda away from her

I think they'll be better apart in acts than together, 'cuz all the puppy love doesn't let them work properly

I agree with you DoM, the white/silver was the topic of the event and it looked good on her, once again, the only bad were hair and shoes, the rest was quite ok

After that basketball fashion disaster, I think anything we see on her is better than that one
Must you constantly put down Letizia in an attempt to make Cristina look better. It's really getting old and basically spamming the board. Let people enjoy all members of the family instead of consistently putting down some to try to make others look better.
Old 09-19-2007, 08:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
I like the images of the Princess with Graca Machel, seem to have enough complicity. I hope that the Princess could to collaborate with her in someone of her activities and projects.
I like those pictures too. They looked like two old friends getting together.
http://i5.tinypic.com/4t5bptx.jpg
http://i18.tinypic.com/689qhd5.jpg
http://i6.tinypic.com/5x8i5hc.jpg
Old 09-19-2007, 09:11 PM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative – Spain

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisiñaki
Originally Posted by crisiñaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by khal02
Must you constantly put down Letizia in an attempt to make Cristina look better. It's really getting old and basically spamming the board. Let people enjoy all members of the family instead of consistently putting down some to try to make others look better.

Yes, I have noticed that too. And I agree with you khal02.
Old 09-19-2007, 10:21 PM
Nobility

Letizia wore this white suit with silver underneath during the lighting of the olympic torch in Mardrid in 2004 (Felipe was still sporting a beard at that time). I see that her body never changed in 3 years and after 2 pregnancies because it still fits perfectly on her today (I'm so jealous). Although the outfit is very nice as you say now, Letizia received a lot of cristism back then for always wearing pant suits including her engagement one
As for the hairstyle, Letizia was also heavily critisized before for her mono/only hairstyle that dates back to her journalist days. Although I think that that was the hairstyle that best suited her, I also appreciate the fact that she tries a new one today. And with two kids under the age of two, it's reasonable to have a wash & wear hairstyle (although they have nannies for the two kids, but still). Anyway, I am trying to imagine her in a Queen Sofia hairdo later on
It is nice to see her on solo duties once in a while. We could have seen her often on her own if she attends fashion shows because for sure, Felipe won't be going with her in those shows. But then, she'll also be criticized if she goes to it often. She could still browse the magazines and internet to see what's new this season privately- at the comfort of their home, and in that way she escapes being photographed often. And I'm sure, Spanish designers are sending her catalogues every season.
Old 09-19-2007, 11:13 PM
Serene Highness

I just simply love Letizia! I really don't have any complaint about her attire today. I think she looked exceptional as always. I love that she had a solo act but at the same time I'm not one of those that is sitting around thinking that she needs her own agenda. I like that she works with Felipe.

I recently went back and read their press conference comments around their engagement period and them working so closely together is exactly what they promised and I really respect that about them. But at the same time her doing something alone is perfectly fine at times.
Old 09-20-2007, 02:10 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by khal02 View Post
Excuse me, but I haven't mentioned Cristina in a single post in this thread, I'm not comparing them, if you are inferring that because of my nick, then, you're sorely mistaken, I'm voicing my opinion about LETIZIA, not about Cristina, Elena or the Queen

Does everything have to be roses and sunshine? no, if you are critical about someone, then you're automatically damaging the "feeling" of the board? do we all have to think the same?

I haven't broken a single TRF rule in my previous posts, so I'm not spamming the board (even if I know this post and the ones leading to it are going to be erased for being off-topic) and I ask respect for my opinions, which aren't the same that most of you have, but I'm not being disrespectful with anyone, I just think different from most of you
Old 09-20-2007, 03:55 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Excuse me, but I haven't mentioned Cristina in a single post in this thread, I'm not comparing them, if you are inferring that because of my nick, then, you're sorely mistaken, I'm voicing my opinion about LETIZIA, not about Cristina, Elena or the Queen

Does everything have to be roses and sunshine? no, if you are critical about someone, then you're automatically damaging the "feeling" of the board? do we all have to think the same?

I haven't broken a single TRF rule in my previous posts, so I'm not spamming the board (even if I know this post and the ones leading to it are going to be erased for being off-topic) and I ask respect for my opinions, which aren't the same that most of you have, but I'm not being disrespectful with anyone, I just think different from most of you

Why you don't have the courage of your opinion, you are totally right to don't appreciate a personn. That is less acceptable is - for a woman so clever as you - is the constant use of the irony to speak about the Princes of Asturias in particular the princess, and to jump on all the false ideas to say that she isn't the adequate personn: your main error is to say that the Infantas have so much works for the crown than Letizia. First isen't true and it's easy to check that, but to do it it's a sterile polemic. Then to make remarks like this one only to ironise on the lack of "liberty" of the Princess in her way to work is totally intellectually unfair because Letizia dosen't manage and mainly dosen't decide by herself the fields and the importance of her intervention.

For her outfit of the base ball match, as this item seems to be your favourite one, nobody can stop you to use it if that make you joke but I have to confess it's a little boring and I'm not the single one to think the same thing. But dosen't matter, it's the "salt" of a true and interesting forum to have various advice about the same thing, isen't it?

Just a question is the Infanta Cristina has an agenda no very important in this time to allow you some digressions about the Princess who is not your cup of tea?
Old 09-20-2007, 05:18 AM
Heir Apparent

well, I didn't get your point very well adelaide, but what I understand is that you are talking about the Infantas' work in here and I haven't mentioned them in this topic AT ALL, I dunno why you people are bringing them to this topic The Future of the Spanish Monarchy is a topic and this is another completely different one

I usually don't participate in this forum because as you said, Letizia isn't exactly my cup of tea, but I have decided to do it since sometimes a different opinion is needed and not everybody thinks the same things, besides, I find her "entertaining" to look at, if you get my point; my idea of her not being the adequate person isn't FALSE, just as yours of her being adequate isn't TRUE; it's simply a matter of opinions

And for Cristina's agenda, since she was in the public eye most of the summer, I'm glad she and her family are getting some time for their own, it's just fair, I like them enough to understand their need for privacy sometimes and also that's something that's completely out of my reach, so I don't mind much, the good thing is that since I also follow other royals, it's the perfect time to catch up with pics of them

I guess it's better to leave this discussion at this point, because we're going off-topic and it's actually a pointless discussion, it's very likely that we will never agree on this, but that's cool, imagine how boring the world would be if we all thought the same

PS: BTW, the basketball outfit is by far the worst outfit I've ever seen her wearing, she doesn't usually dress that bad (and if you see my posts, you'll see that when she's nicely dressed, I say so ), that's why I'm still a bit on shock over it
Old 09-20-2007, 05:31 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarina View Post
Crisiñaki I see that you are enjoing much tonight at Letizia´s expense.

Letizia will continue with her agenda in solitaire and I am sure that we will see Letizia work a lot, probably she will be one of the crown princess with the most filled agenda
Camarina, I really doubt this! Zarzuela has his own way of thinking very different from the other European Royal houses (like Denmark or the Dutch), they don't want that Leitiza gets the leading role so they will definitively reduce her solo events. I think that her events will be only deliver prizes and nothing else more serious!
I also don't like her hair but I think that's the hair cut fault, her bob doesn't flatter her face at all!
She is also very thin and please do not say thet her body is like that, because it isn't!!!! We can see pcitures of letizia before and after her marriage and we can see that she wasn't so thin like she is now. She s extremely thin and that doesn't flatter her at all!
Old 09-20-2007, 06:23 AM
Serene Highness

thanks for those pics!!

eltizia is absolutely perfect with her white suit!!! it was really simple but nice for this kind of event!!!

http://princessesblog76.blogspot.fr/
Old 09-20-2007, 06:31 AM
Commoner

Princess Letizia looked great in her white outfit, her hair is O.K. Maybe, when she had curly hair on some occasion , she looked sexy.Now, She looks more serious, it is good to experiment with hair from time to time. Hovewer, Princess is too thin ( it doesn't bother me and It is not my bussiness why she is thin, there maybe plenty of reason for such situation).However, She smiles a lot and that is a good sign.
Old 09-20-2007, 06:55 AM
Heir Apparent

Galleries

Deadline Photo Press
IPApress

Closed Thread