Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 13: May - October 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope Carla B. will not start a next career as a psychotherapist for high class families.......

I think Letizia's wardrobe is improving. It's not black and white, gray and white. She's wearing bright colors again and her latest styles are chic although some of them are not really elegant like the mini black dress with ugly shoes.

Vanitatis/Doña Letizia es su propia ‘personal shopper’
What´s this article about? Something of the shopping habits of Letizia?

The article is about that the Princess despite the fact of having a personnal stylist, she herself always knows what she wants, and buy clothes and shoes herself, an example is that the Princess saw a pair on shoes in a fashion magazine and demanded that someone found no matter what those shoes, and the shoes were founded.

Doña Letizia entregará en octubre el Premio Cervantes Chico de Alcalá

Doña Letizia will deliver in October the Prize Cervantes Chico of Alcala

The Royal House will return to be implied by the culture of Alcala de Henares after the commitment acquired by the Princess of Asturias, Doña Letizia, who has confirmed by means of an official letter that will deliver the Prize of infantile and juvenile literature 'Cervantes Chico' in October.

according to the spanish press, the royal house is concerned that letizia's image this summer may be too 'luxurious'. the author mentions that mango, armand basi, adolfo dominguez are among the cheapest spanish high street brands. also, a picture of the princes on their arrival at beijing.

'Toilettes' principescas | Yo Dona

The article is about that the Princess despite the fact of having a personnal stylist, she herself always knows what she wants, and buy clothes and shoes herself

She should have a personal stylist but I doubt she has one; in her EPS exposee from May it was claimed that she does everything herself and I think this is the most reliable comment on the issue.

by carlota
according to the spanish press, the royal house is concerned that letizia's image this summer may be too 'luxurious'. the author mentions that mango, armand basi, adolfo dominguez are among the cheapest spanish high street brands.

This is true - the outfits are rather cheap compared to other designer labels - and I wouldn't call parts of her summer style "luxurious" but "celebrity". Although some outfits might have been stylish and fashionable there were more suitable for the usual HOLA and HELLO celebrities and not for a future queen who wants to be taken seriously.

Although some outfits might have been stylish and fashionable there were more suitable for the usual HOLA and HELLO celebrities and not for a future queen who wants to be taken seriously.

Isn't this a bit harsh. With the exception of the black outfit with those horrible shoes, her clothes have been nice (not staid, but not celebrity either)

Could you elaborate which other outfits you see as "celebrity" types?

This is true - the outfits are rather cheap compared to other designer labels - and I wouldn't call parts of her summer style "luxurious" but "celebrity". Although some outfits might have been stylish and fashionable there were more suitable for the usual HOLA and HELLO celebrities and not for a future queen who wants to be taken seriously.
Good Lord, the woman can't win. The woman dresses fine, even though some not my taste. If she spends a lot of money, she is a gold digger with high ideas, if she dresses down she is not as stylish as Mary. If she dresses glamorous she look too thin and don't like the outfit. Look inside yourselves and see the true reason you always are finding fault with Letizia -- just might not be a pretty sight.

Isn't this a bit harsh. With the exception of the black outfit with those horrible shoes, her clothes have been nice (not staid, but not celebrity either)

Could you elaborate which other outfits you see as "celebrity" types?

None, you are right and I did not mean to be harsh. Apart from what you have already mentioned her wardrobe was nice and normal, much better than last year. But that one outfit caused all the headlines and not because it was luxurious (because it wasn't) but because it was Victoria- Beckham-like, especially the shoes. I guess if she had not worn it in the first place nobody would have come up with this whole "new style" or "luxurious" topic.

Good Lord, the woman can't win. The woman dresses fine, even though some not my taste. If she spends a lot of money, she is a gold digger with high ideas, if she dresses down she is not as stylish as Mary. If she dresses glamorous she look too thin and don't like the outfit. Look inside yourselves and see the true reason you always are finding fault with Letizia -- just might not be a pretty sight.

....you are so right! Some people can find faults no matter what she does or wears. In the fashion thread today, she's been critised for being too formal looking (in a red suit) while greeting the Spanish olympic team and other dignitaries. Felipe wasn't critised though for being over-dressed in a suit and tie....

Personally, I thought she was appropriately dressed as red is not only considered a lucky colour in China but it's also the Spanish team colour.

The only outfit 'celebrity' like is the black dress and the pair of funky shoes IMO. Starting from Diana, all the young royal have dressed like celebrities at times, I don't see what's the big deal once a while she wears a dress the movie stars would wear, it's not like she has been wearing this type of clothes all the time. She also wore a gold Prada-like (also from Adolfo Dominguez) dress last summer. Her wardrobe was from Armand Basi, Adolfo Dominguez or Mango, nothing luxurious. I'd like to see her in Armani suits once a while since it suits her perfectly. I think the Spanish designers are a little behind in making elegant yet stylish suits.

Amen, Winnie, amen. Looks like people may as well prefer to suck Letizia's blood out before they get satisfied.:D

The article is about that the Princess despite the fact of having a personnal stylist, she herself always knows what she wants, and buy clothes and shoes herself, an example is that the Princess saw a pair on shoes in a fashion magazine and demanded that someone found no matter what those shoes, and the shoes were founded.[/quote]

That comment does not sound too complimentary to Letizia.

:previous: Maybe it was just a case of semantics, or something lost in translation.

I like Letizia's style eventhough some of her clothes are off. I kinda like her recent outfits rather than those she had months ago.

I've deleted a couple of posts that were more about the users than the royals. We're here to debate/discuss/share in a mutual interest: the royals - in this case, Princess Letizia, and it is entirely possible to do so without attacking posters whose opinions you don't disagree with.

If you agree, or you disagree with something someone else thinks/says, please discuss that, as many of the posters seem quite able to do, rather than make it into something personal, if you please.

It makes for a more enjoyable environment on all sides of the discussion.

Norwegianne
Moderator for the Spanish forum

It says that Hugo Boss has a campaign to support the environment it says that for every polo shirt you buy they will plant a tree in Spain and will mantain or keep it for the next 40 years.. princess Letizia has shown her support and other personalities in Spain. That's pretty much what it says :)

La princesa de Asturias asistirá a un acto en A Coruña. europapress.es

The princess of Asturias will be present at an act in A Coruña

H.R.H. The Princess of Asturias, Letizia Ortiz, will preside next Thursday, the 18th of September, in A Coruña, at the act of delivery of the scholarships and helps to the investigation of the cancer that grants the Scientific Foundation of the Spanish Association against the Cancer.

Princess of Asturias presides today the delivery of the Helps to Oncology Investigation

Princess of Asturias presides this evening the act of delivery of the Diplomas of the Projects of Investigation on the cancer and Helps - contracts 2008 for investigators in Oncology that the Spanish Association Against the Cancer grants every year across its Scientific Foundation, as it reported today in a communiqué.

La Princesa de Asturias preside hoy la entrega de las Ayudas a Investigación Oncológica concedidas por la aecc en 2008 - 18/09/08 - EcoDiario.es

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom