Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 45: May - June 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The recent remarks about the weight of Princess Letizia have been removed, as was announced in this thread.

those are some lovely 4th anniversary pictures. i wonder what they did afterwards... the garden is adorable and letizia's outfit is great, indeed. purple is definitely her colour.

They were attending the Biomedicine conference on Thursday and Friday. Not an official act (only Wed night dinner was), perhaps personal interest. I had heard Felipe had keen interests at scientific research.

A picture of them with a few scientists.
ImageShack - Hosting :: trt7c0ucecz1d7n5lkajyh7.jpg

Thanks for the pics, letizia looks lovely in the white suit.

bullfight is very common and is tradition in Spain like hunting is in England, but yes I think that even tradition I think they should't support this kind of acts where animals are bad treated and killed just for fun. I cannot understand how can someone have pleasure to see a animal suffering.

they are going to a bullfight 'corrida' today :(

i wish they didn't support this sort of things...
That's what I thought too. I really don't like seeing Royals supporting such events. Neither hunting nor bullfights. For me this is all animal abuse.

So, is that an official engagement? Or do they visit it privately?

Last edited:
So, is that an official engagement? Or do they visit it privately?

It is an official act. In the Royal Family, the King and the Infanta Elena are the fans. The Princes only go when they invite them for some official question. And the Queen and the Infanta Cristina never go.

The King has an official commitment for many years with two bullfights of the fair of Madrid, the bullfight that organizes the press and a charitable bullfight. If for any reason the King cannot attend anyone of them always a member of the Royal Family replaces him.

The King is in an official trip, and the Princes replace him in this occasion.

bullfight is very common and is tradition in Spain like hunting is in England, but yes I think that even tradition I think they should't support this kind of acts where animals are bad treated and killed just for fun. I cannot understand how can someone have pleasure to see a animal suffering.

Most royals are keen on doing these kinds of activities. From bullfighting in Spain, hunting in England and Denmark, etc. I think they derive fun/pleasure in doing that.;)

Were the acts done simultaneously? Looks like they have a lot for a single day. Nevertheless, they're impressive in showing interest to these kinds of research.:)

Bullfight is about tradition and a countries' identity and so is monarchy. It somehow suits ;) In other countries it's hunting, jump racing etc that have been supported by the upper class or monarchy for many years or centuries and have become subject of controversy every now and then. Even if I don't like it I try to respect it.

Thanks to everyone who was able to submit photos of this couple. I loved the white suit on Letizia. She looked wonderful in it with the pink/mauve color close to her face for brightness. They certainly did a lot in one day! From the photos, people seem to really enjoy being with them and are happy to have them join their event.

Last edited by a moderator:
Spanish Crown couple Felipe and Letizia arrive to the traditional 'corrida de la prensa' (bullfight of the Press) within the San Isidro bullfighting festival in Las Ventas bullring in Madrid

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

Letizia looks like she may have had new highlights put in.

What lovely pictures! Letizia looks amazing today!! I love her clothes, her hair looks lovely and she's totally radiant and happy!!!!!

They both look very relaxed and seemed to enjoy themselves. Question, is there a dress code for those attending a bullfight? It seems that they are pretty dressed up for a sporting event and I didn't know if customs were different? Here in the US, we are pretty casual at out sporting events and I was just curious about in Spain. Thanks in advance for any help with the question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom