The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 03:48 AM
Serene Highness

How come nobody really gives weight to, or even considers, the fact that a woman has to rest after giving birth to two children by C-section twice just within three years?

Oh, yeah, I suddenly remembered: a princess' job is to churn out babies to inherit the crown.

Old 04-27-2008, 07:25 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhapsodyBrat View Post
How come nobody really gives weight to, or even considers, the fact that a woman has to rest after giving birth to two children by C-section twice just within three years?

Oh, yeah, I suddenly remembered: a princess' job is to churn out babies to inherit the crown.
love the avatar with the content of your post!
and you hit the nail on the head too

Old 04-27-2008, 09:08 AM
Courtier

I actually love Letizia's choice of clothes lately except for the beige blazer, it's far too casual. I don't think she's pregnant, it's more like she gained weight which is good.
Old 04-27-2008, 09:09 AM
Serene Highness

Location: desde mi ventana veo gibraltar español,reino de espaÑa, Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaK View Post
I certainly wouldn't bet on this . By your theory, they would have the 3rd baby by now.
Picture taken last Sept.
http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/286...22722loiu2.jpg

I tought she looked pregnant last week, but not this week. I really don't know. Hopefully she is not. Her body needs a rest after 2 kids and 2 C-sections. She should enjoy life and work a bit before making herself miserable again in case of another difficult pregnancy.

if your you see all the photos… they you must have 8 children already

Los Príncipes de Asturias presiden mañana en la Academia de la Guardia Civil de Baeza (Jaén) una jura de bandera

The Princes of Asturias will tomorrow preside over the acts of Oath of Fidelity to the Flag of the 1,607 integral students of 113-B, promotion of Civil Guard

the joke that made laugh to the princes
La 'bilbainada' que hizo sonreír a los Príncipes · Fútbol · Deportes · Terra

La Lengua acompañó al Imperio (Antonio de Nebrija)
The Language
accompanied to the Empire (Antonio de Nebrija)

Old 04-27-2008, 12:26 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by catango View Post
I don't know anything about pregnancies but I have seen some pictures about princess Letizia in the first months of Sofia pregnancy and she had that tired face that come from nowhere, I don't want to speculate, but I have a great feeling that she could be pregnant again, these days she has had that tired face too, and her cloth is very wide, and something that makes me doubt even more is the fact that Prince Felipe took her by the hand almost in every activity they have done this week, I know they are very in love, but, they become more romantic when a baby is on the way, that is something that I realized today seeing her old pregnancies pictures, maybe I'm very paranoic, but there are many coincidences time will tell the true.
I agree ... on the other hand, I thought that she already looked really tired and had a "bad face" during the Philippine State Visit end of last year and didnt turn out pregnant ... 3 kids in 4 years would be really tough. I guess theyll have another one but shes only 36 this year ... enough time to rest abit.
Old 04-27-2008, 01:22 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanprincipesasturi View Post
if your you see all the photos… they you must have 8 children already
right on! people should have been wishing that pregnancies last only three months, with the way everybody is wishing for a baby news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmi View Post
love the avatar with the content of your post!
and you hit the nail on the head too
thank you!
Old 04-27-2008, 01:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

If they want more than two children they will have to have them close together. Any healthy woman will be able to have pregnancies a year apart even after C-section. You may as well get the pregnacies done and over with - Letizia will always lead a very active life - having children close in age will make everything easier. Her physician knows what is best for her and presumably she is listening to his advice.
Old 04-28-2008, 02:03 AM
Courtier

I don't think having children every other year is too much. There are three and a half years between my eldest two sisters and two years between me and my second sister as well as two between me and my younger sister. It's quite normal in my opinion. Look at Queen Beatrix. She was married in 1966. First baby was born in 1967; second in 1968; third in 1969. How's that for close in age? Queen Margrethe was married in 1967; baby one was born in 1968; baby two in 1969. It's not that unusual. Queen Sofia was married in 1962. Baby one was born in 1963; baby two was born in 1965; baby three was born in 1968.
Old 04-28-2008, 10:02 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by samitude View Post
Look at Queen Beatrix. She was married in 1966. First baby was born in 1967; second in 1968; third in 1969. How's that for close in age?
Yup, and IICR, she had them all c-section.
Old 04-28-2008, 10:18 AM
Moderator Emeritus

So, as there are more and more speculations coming up about a possible pregnancy of Princess Letizia:

I would like to ask you to stop speculating in this thread!

If there's a pregnancy the Royal House will announce it sooner or later.

Thank you.

Her_Majesty

Old 04-28-2008, 11:08 AM
Imperial Majesty

Visit to the Spanish Flag of 113 ª B Promotion of access to the Scale of Sergeants and Police Guards and delivers to His Royal Highness the Prince of Asturias of the credential of his appointment as " Police Honorary "

Academy of Police Guard and Subofficials of the Police. Baeza

http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img...de6b5f672g.jpg

Gallery IPA
IPApress

http://i27.tinypic.com/2qmnhaw.jpg
http://i28.tinypic.com/2regkuh.jpg
http://i30.tinypic.com/23j4fhg.jpg
http://i25.tinypic.com/2jahx7m.jpg
http://i29.tinypic.com/ot2s5e.jpg
http://i26.tinypic.com/ofypg3.jpg
http://i27.tinypic.com/34i0ftd.jpg
Old 04-29-2008, 02:40 AM
Nobility

pics from wireimage:
WireImage.com – The Largest Entertainment Photo & Video Archive
Old 04-29-2008, 04:53 AM
Heir Presumptive

Pics from Getty
BAEZA, SPAIN - APRIL 28: Princess Letizia of Spain attends the Flag Ceremony at the Guardia Civil Academy, on April 28, 2008 in Baeza, Spain
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected#

Pics from Prisma
http://www.prismanews.com/spip.php?article2922
Old 04-29-2008, 01:05 PM
Imperial Majesty

Some photos from yesterday:
Photoshot
Photoshot
Photoshot
Photoshot
Old 04-30-2008, 03:31 AM
Courtier

The one thing I like best when viewing pictures of this lovely couple is that in most pictures of the two of them, you will notice the prince looking at her with the most touching look of love together with admiration / pride. It just lovely to see his love for her but the deep level of respect and pride he has in her.
Old 04-30-2008, 12:51 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza View Post
The one thing I like best when viewing pictures of this lovely couple is that in most pictures of the two of them, you will notice the prince looking at her with the most touching look of love together with admiration / pride. It just lovely to see his love for her but the deep level of respect and pride he has in her.
The way the prince treats his wife does him credit and speaks to his character in a way that may sustain the popularity of an otherwise tenuous monarchy. It has been said that the prince does not have his father's charisma, but I prefer his character to his father's.
Old 04-30-2008, 02:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by royaltywatcher View Post
The way the prince treats his wife does him credit and speaks to his character in a way that may sustain the popularity of an otherwise tenuous monarchy. It has been said that the prince does not have his father's charisma, but I prefer his character to his father's.
I wonder if Felipe is truely not as charismatic as his father, or has he not had the chance to be yet because of his father? Geez, that was deep!!! Let me know what you think.
Old 04-30-2008, 08:51 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by royaltywatcher View Post
I agree !00% There is not a woman alive that doesn't want her husband to look at her with such love and pride. There was one photo of the two of them, sitting at a table, and you could see him quite clearly but only the side of her face. The look on his face actually made me get teary as it was just so emotional and intense. Damn, that is great!
Old 04-30-2008, 09:06 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess gertrude View Post
I wonder if Felipe is truely not as charismatic as his father, or has he not had the chance to be yet because of his father? Geez, that was deep!!! Let me know what you think.
I don't know about charismatic. They are just two different types. I believe that Felipe is the "Cary Grant" type (and you can not get much better than that) whereas his father is more like the Kurt Douglas figure. Both were idolized -- but Douglas was the smooth talker whereas Grant had the looks and charm -- IMO.

Closed Thread