Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 33: February - March 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was going to say "Another weird gesture by our future Head of State, bla, bla, bla", but I'll just shut up. :)

Just tell you one thing, if I was that poor scientist I would have been so smitten that after shaking Letizia's hand I would have shaken the hand of every single person on that podium, just to make sure.

It's very obvious that Letizia is not comfortable making royal duties yet. She looks very sad and very "well this is my job, and I have to do this", especially in the HOLA video where she shakes people's hands in the Palace. Where Felipe is smiling, she is not at all, and if she is, it's a polite and forced smile to the people they are meeting, and definately not to the photographers. She seems very miserable :-(

MissSaga said:
It's very obvious that Letizia is not comfortable making royal duties yet. She looks very sad and very "well this is my job, and I have to do this", especially in the HOLA video where she shakes people's hands in the Palace. Where Felipe is smiling, she is not at all, and if she is, it's a polite and forced smile to the people they are meeting, and definately not to the photographers. She seems very miserable :-(

Well, I'd say this is understandable - her sister's died, give her some time to get back on track.

MissSaga said:

The audience at Zarzuela was about 2 weeks ago. I think she looked a lot more comfortable last week at the Geography Society, things are gradually back to normal.
Erika is dead, nothing can be done to make her alive again. Life goes on, the rest of the family alive all deserve to laugh, to be happy.

After one week you are bored and it is necessary to look for topic about which to speak. :wacko:

The King does often the same thing with the Queen, and these scenes repeat themselves again and again, whenever some prize is delivered o there is an audience. Always there is a person that gets confused and does not knows what it is necessary to do ... it is the anecdote thousand times repeated. And in acts much more important than these. The persons often do not know completely the protocol, or one forgets them what they have said to them that they have to do, and in these cases there is preferable a small help, which the whole world ends taking with humor ... that to go away to house having committed a mistake of education.

What reminds me a thing that the Queen did in Morocco. When the Kings were in Morocco for last time, the Queen Sofia did the gesture in order that the politicians and the Spanish representatives greet the Princess Lalla Salma like they were greeting her (thing that the Moroccan protocol does not allow). This was a complicated situation, but they all greeted her.

Duncan, certainly, the PRINCESS OF ASTURIAS, is not like the rest of persons who are there, the Princess has the same treatment that the Prince, and being the two, the two are one. Therefore, it is necessary to greet the two.

Last edited:
lula said:
After one week you are bored and it is necessary to look for topic about which to speak. :wacko:

The King does often the same thing with the Queen, and these scenes repeat themselves again and again, whenever some prize is delivered o there is an audience. Always there is a person that gets confused and does not knows what it is necessary to do ... it is the anecdote thousand times repeated. And in acts much more important than these. The persons often do not know completely the protocol, or one forgets them what they have said to them that they have to do, and in these cases there is preferable a small help, which the whole world ends taking with humor ... that to go away to house having committed a mistake of education.

Duncan, certainly, the PRINCESS OF ASTURIAS, is not like the rest of persons who are there, the Princess has the same treatment that the Prince, and being the two, the two are one. Therefore, it is necessary to greet the two.

It's a mistake the poor man made. There was no need to call him back. That's all. No one is attacking Letizia. It is just odd. If the King does it, it does not make it right either. It's tacky.

Roxsteve said:
It's a mistake the poor man made. There was no need to call him back. That's all. No one is attacking Letizia. It is just odd. If the King does it, it does not make it right either. It's tacky.

You are extracting of context an absurd anecdote that repeats itself in many official acts, and at that normally the people laugh ... they return greet and so satisfied all:lol: . There is no problem, neither the normal persons nor get angry they do not even feel ridiculous ... on the contrary, they prefer returning and greeting to remain with the worry of not having done it when the rest of people do it.

Last edited:
OK lula, I'll try to remember that and not feeling embarassed when the princes deliver an award to me.:lol:

By the way, I was trying to answer a private message from you but your inbox was full.

lula said:
You are extracting of context an absurd anecdote that repeats itself in many official acts, and at that normally the people laugh ... they return greet and so satisfied all:lol: . There is no problem, neither the normal persons nor get angry they do not even feel ridiculous ... on the contrary, they prefer returning and greeting to remain with the worry of not having done it when the rest of people do it.

I´m absolutely agree Lula.
That was only an anecdote and the prince simply tried “to guide” to that man. Why people usually dramatize so much?:wacko:

lula said:

If it's possible to say that some of the threads concerning the Princes Of Asturias are totally biased, blinded by an excessive love, unable to have two words of good reflexion, for sumarize totally unbrained by their passion for this couple, I think that I can tell I'm. It's the reason why I appreciate that some of the clever observors show me how I'm in the error when I find very kind the Prince to pay attention at the simple rules of respect regarding his wife especally when her name is not inscribed on a sheet ( normal she didn't to be here....) or when inadvertently a prize winning forgot to great the Princess... who has get him the prize, and then when may be this Princess would be better in resting than to go to work. As you say IMO!

I appreciate the dialectic, but not as a negative system; I'm found of irony at the main condition that plus this irony there is true comments to explain why for instance Felipe de Borbon couldn't be the futur Spain cheef of State!

I know yet some arguments of the Prince of Asturias's detractors in TRF, it's not very unpleasant because they are always the same since a while, whithout any surprise. I confess that I was full of hope for very constructive discussion, even if it could be a little off one's rocker but it' funy, because since some weeks we have a new debator to criticize the Princes of Asturias. But great deception, irony, sarcasm, negative observation but never a debate about the heart of the probleme : why they/he/she don't like the Princes of Asturias with arguments, facts!

I apologize towards the administrators and the participants to this thread because it's not the place to speak about that ( for that go to the the thread for your opinion about the Princes...) but even in the thread regarding this item those who don't like the Princes of Asturias, the both or separately dont't express very clearly their thaught, isent'it, my dear Duncan?

May be I should to stop to express me, inscribing only this:flowers: or:wub: for each post for my participaticipation and the detractors could put:wacko: or :bash: to express how Felipe and Letizia aren't able to do their duties, like that it would be easier to discuss whithout the obligation of checking the words in the dictionnary and whithout any risk ofincomprehension:smartass: So with the pics, the videos, the smiles evrybody will be happy, isen't it

Last edited:
I think people are just passionate about the Princes, and it is great! However, not everyone needs to love them like you do. We are not detractors of any kind, we are just participating in a forum. We are not doing it to upset you or any other members, but it seems that everytime there is a comment that is not 100% positive, we are bombarded with comments like yours. No one is saying that they are not able to perform their duties, but we have a right, like you do, to express our opinion whether you like it (agree with it) or not. No one is being sarcastic or argumentative...we just want to participate like you.

Roxsteve said:
I think people are just passionate about the Princes, and it is great! However, not everyone needs to love them like you do. We are not detractors of any kind, we are just participating in a forum. We are not doing it to upset you or any other members, but it seems that everytime there is a comment that is not 100% positive, we are bombarded with comments like yours. No one is saying that they are not able to perform their duties, but we have a right, like you do, to express our opinion whether you like it (agree with it) or not. No one is being sarcastic or argumentative...we just want to participate like you.

Please it's not for my part a war declaration, I'm trying with many difficulties, may be because my english is not fluent, to understand your thaughts and I confess that up to know I don't realize exactly what you mean and I'm very sorry for that because I don't like to don't understand my interlocutors :flowers:
( may be so my cartesianism!)

TRH Crown Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia Receive a Group of "Future Young Chinese Leaders"-March 5, 2007
March 5, 2007 - Zarzuela Palace
Madrid, Spain

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica][/FONT]
WireImage: Listings

The PRINCESS OF ASTURIAS leaves the LUTO

Don Felipe and his wife met to this morning in the palace of the Zarzuela with the “young Futures 5 Chinese leaders” MARCH 2007 Princes de Asturias have received in hearing in the Palace of the Zarzuela to the participants of II the edition of the Program of future Visitors “Young Chinese leaders”, whom the Foundation organizes Spain-China Advice.
When they lack two days so that a month of the death of its sister is marked, Érika Ortiz, Doña Letizia reappeared in the palace of the Magnolias without clothes of lightening and with the face enough more night watchman. The Princess de Asturias who happened of the absolute black - during the funeral ceremonies that followed the death of their sister to the average mourning during these last weeks, she dressed for the hearing this morning a dress of point in greenish tones and a shelter of green, black and white pictures.
Leaning as always in Don Felipe and letting glimpse, at some moments, a smile, Doña Letizia have returned to make storing of forces to be next to the Prince in the fulfillment of the official agenda of this one within the frame of the hall hearings of the Magnolia building.

LA PRINCESA DE ASTURIAS SE QUITA EL LUTO

Images

http://www.hola.com/casasreales/2007/03/05/letizia-audiencia/imgs/letizia-4a.jpg
http://www.hola.com/casasreales/2007/03/05/letizia-audiencia/imgs/letizia-3a.jpg
http://www.hola.com/casasreales/2007/03/05/letizia-audiencia/imgs/letizia-5a.jpg
http://www.hola.com/casasreales/2007/03/05/letizia-audiencia/imgs/letizia-6a.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the pictures! :flowers: Maybe because of the cut of the dress or not, she looks huuuuuge! And so great to see a little smile arriving on her face :)

Her bump is getting really big. Just a few more months to see the new Infanta!

Leti, a fashion note: Black tights and brown dress Don't Match!!!

I think she looks great! I can't wait for our new Infanta to arrive.

LadyK said:
Leti, a fashion note: Black tights and brown dress Don't Match!!!
The tights look dark brown for me, but it can be the matter of the light or my sight :lol: Anyway, I wish she got rid of all those black/brown stockings, it makes her look shorter imo. Hope as soon as spring comes she will stop using it. All in all, I'm not complaining :lol:, she looks better and better and it's great to see her at all. :flowers:

Link to the pics from lfi:

http://www.lfi.co.uk/dynevent-action-nl.do?orderby=asc&eventid=406300

Last edited:
even during her first pregnancy she got really big. its great to see her obtaing for color now.great choice, i think the coat is nice. she seems to be in good spirit these days.

I think she is wearing brown socks and that match with the brown/green dress

Thanks for the pictures,I think she looks great

LaChicaMadrilena said:
The tights look dark brown for me, but it can be the matter of the light or my sight :lol: Anyway, I wish she got rid of all those black/brown stockings, it makes her look shorter imo. Hope as soon as spring comes she will stop using it. All in all, I'm not complaining :lol:, she looks better and better and it's great to see her at all. :flowers:

Link to the pics from lfi:

http://www.lfi.co.uk/dynevent-action-nl.do?orderby=asc&eventid=406300
In your pic, I agree, it looks dark brown-before it looked black. I'm willing to put my faith in Leti's style sense and trust it's brown, which does go.

She's definitely looking better, i like the coat.

Nice to see Letizia again. She really looks great

LaChicaMadrilena said:
Thanks for the pictures! :flowers: Maybe because of the cut of the dress or not, she looks huuuuuge! And so great to see a little smile arriving on her face :)

I agree she looked great and her smile seems more natural to me this time. Maybe I'm reading too much into the outfit but I'm glad to see she is out of the black clothes. :flowers:

Nice to see Letizia, she's very beautiful!

I haven´t words,she is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!
Princess Letizia seems to be more relaxed than the previous days.She has decided to give more colorful to her clothes:flowers: and I hope that Letizia has a final section of happy pregnancy after the tragedy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom