The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 02:22 PM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative – Spain

The picture's awesome!!

Old 03-02-2007, 03:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

Video of Felipe and Letizia attending the delivery of the awards. Click on "Realeza":

hola.com - Vídeos del día

Old 03-02-2007, 06:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaChicaMadrilena
Video of Felipe and Letizia attending the delivery of the awards. Click on "Realeza":

hola.com - Vídeos del día
As usual, LCM you are the first for the Hola's videos. This one is very moving but in better sens than the last weeks. The Princess seems (re)live and more sparkling exactly as her coat which the light effect is estupendous.

This video mad my day to see the Prince so attentive towards his wife. It's totally obvious that it's the only way to help a beloved person in the pain to help her to overcome a so hard blow but we can observe it's quiet difficult to do it in front of a lot of people, cameramen, photographers.
Yes the show must go on and it goes... with allways this so marvellous smiling of the Princess of Asturias.

Thanks again LCM.
Old 03-02-2007, 08:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

If you want, you can see a very sweet video about the same event on the videos of Terra Actualidad.es

You have to go in videos y click on the one of the Spanish Geographic Society.

The video is too short but verry charming, showing a Prince very attentive to his wife so.
Old 03-02-2007, 09:58 PM
Nobility

Princess Letizia is beautiful in Hola´s video
Thanks fo the information Adelaide i´m going to see that video too.
Old 03-03-2007, 09:58 AM
Courtier

good to see she's smiling again!!1
Old 03-03-2007, 07:31 PM
Serene Highness

Location: desde mi ventana veo gibraltar español,reino de espaÑa, Spain
ELPAIS.com - Video: Los Príncipes de Asturias asisten a una entrega de premios - Videos - Sociedad

La Lengua acompañó al Imperio (Antonio de Nebrija)
The Language
accompanied to the Empire (Antonio de Nebrija)

Old 03-04-2007, 04:38 PM
Courtier

Felipe is so sweet the guy forgot to shake Letizia's hands, and felipe was going after him, till he did it
Old 03-04-2007, 05:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

I don't think that was necessary, that will probably have intimidated the guy and was really not necessary IMO.
Old 03-04-2007, 05:23 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas
I don't think that was necessary, that will probably have intimidated the guy and was really not necessary IMO.
I agree. It was kind of tacky to call the man back to shake her hand. He forgot and that was fine. It was too much in my opinion.
Old 03-04-2007, 05:35 PM
Gentry

I was going to say "Another weird gesture by our future Head of State, bla, bla, bla", but I'll just shut up.

Just tell you one thing, if I was that poor scientist I would have been so smitten that after shaking Letizia's hand I would have shaken the hand of every single person on that podium, just to make sure.
Old 03-04-2007, 05:36 PM
Courtier

It's very obvious that Letizia is not comfortable making royal duties yet. She looks very sad and very "well this is my job, and I have to do this", especially in the HOLA video where she shakes people's hands in the Palace. Where Felipe is smiling, she is not at all, and if she is, it's a polite and forced smile to the people they are meeting, and definately not to the photographers. She seems very miserable :-(
Old 03-04-2007, 05:42 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissSaga
It's very obvious that Letizia is not comfortable making royal duties yet. She looks very sad and very "well this is my job, and I have to do this", especially in the HOLA video where she shakes people's hands in the Palace. Where Felipe is smiling, she is not at all, and if she is, it's a polite and forced smile to the people they are meeting, and definately not to the photographers. She seems very miserable :-(
Well, I'd say this is understandable - her sister's died, give her some time to get back on track.
Old 03-04-2007, 05:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissSaga
The audience at Zarzuela was about 2 weeks ago. I think she looked a lot more comfortable last week at the Geography Society, things are gradually back to normal.
Erika is dead, nothing can be done to make her alive again. Life goes on, the rest of the family alive all deserve to laugh, to be happy.
Old 03-04-2007, 06:01 PM
Imperial Majesty

After one week you are bored and it is necessary to look for topic about which to speak.

The King does often the same thing with the Queen, and these scenes repeat themselves again and again, whenever some prize is delivered o there is an audience. Always there is a person that gets confused and does not knows what it is necessary to do ... it is the anecdote thousand times repeated. And in acts much more important than these. The persons often do not know completely the protocol, or one forgets them what they have said to them that they have to do, and in these cases there is preferable a small help, which the whole world ends taking with humor ... that to go away to house having committed a mistake of education.

What reminds me a thing that the Queen did in Morocco. When the Kings were in Morocco for last time, the Queen Sofia did the gesture in order that the politicians and the Spanish representatives greet the Princess Lalla Salma like they were greeting her (thing that the Moroccan protocol does not allow). This was a complicated situation, but they all greeted her.

Duncan, certainly, the PRINCESS OF ASTURIAS, is not like the rest of persons who are there, the Princess has the same treatment that the Prince, and being the two, the two are one. Therefore, it is necessary to greet the two.
Old 03-04-2007, 06:07 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula
After one week you are bored and it is necessary to look for topic about which to speak.

The King does often the same thing with the Queen, and these scenes repeat themselves again and again, whenever some prize is delivered o there is an audience. Always there is a person that gets confused and does not knows what it is necessary to do ... it is the anecdote thousand times repeated. And in acts much more important than these. The persons often do not know completely the protocol, or one forgets them what they have said to them that they have to do, and in these cases there is preferable a small help, which the whole world ends taking with humor ... that to go away to house having committed a mistake of education.

Duncan, certainly, the PRINCESS OF ASTURIAS, is not like the rest of persons who are there, the Princess has the same treatment that the Prince, and being the two, the two are one. Therefore, it is necessary to greet the two.

It's a mistake the poor man made. There was no need to call him back. That's all. No one is attacking Letizia. It is just odd. If the King does it, it does not make it right either. It's tacky.
Old 03-04-2007, 06:21 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxsteve
It's a mistake the poor man made. There was no need to call him back. That's all. No one is attacking Letizia. It is just odd. If the King does it, it does not make it right either. It's tacky.
You are extracting of context an absurd anecdote that repeats itself in many official acts, and at that normally the people laugh ... they return greet and so satisfied all . There is no problem, neither the normal persons nor get angry they do not even feel ridiculous ... on the contrary, they prefer returning and greeting to remain with the worry of not having done it when the rest of people do it.
Old 03-04-2007, 06:48 PM
Gentry

OK lula, I'll try to remember that and not feeling embarassed when the princes deliver an award to me.

By the way, I was trying to answer a private message from you but your inbox was full.
Old 03-04-2007, 07:54 PM
Nobility

Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia Present the Spanish Geographical Society Awards - February 26, 2007
http://www.filmmagic.com/ItemListing...262138&evntI=0
Old 03-04-2007, 09:14 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula
You are extracting of context an absurd anecdote that repeats itself in many official acts, and at that normally the people laugh ... they return greet and so satisfied all . There is no problem, neither the normal persons nor get angry they do not even feel ridiculous ... on the contrary, they prefer returning and greeting to remain with the worry of not having done it when the rest of people do it.
I´m absolutely agree Lula.
That was only an anecdote and the prince simply tried “to guide” to that man. Why people usually dramatize so much?