Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 31: November 2006 - Jan. 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. Though, is a pity not seeing her more currently. They look wonderfully together.

Vanesa.

donnaK said:
Some people just seem to have short memories. When Maxima was pregnant with Amalia, she had disappeared for months, so did Mette-Marit with Sverre. Each pregnancy is different, simply can't be compared. It's a bless that some royals can work normally, but there is no need for a push when a bad pregnancy occurs. Felipe said at a journalism dinner that Letizia couldn't do meals because of constant upset stomach. Plus she probably has hard time standing for a long time. That explains why she had been absent for lots of acts.
Inside Zarzuela it's always duties first. I don't think Letizia is allowed to neglect duties because she wants to stay home with Leonor.
That's what I read from another board. Letizia had 158 acts in 2006. Based on the numbers, I think she still has more acts than most of the other CPsses except for Camilla in 2006. Perhaps we should wait until the end of 2007 to see how she does over the year of 2007.

I agree!!! if you must add all the engagement of Letizia and other CPss, you can see that she has more duties than any of them except for Victoria.. Letizia has had plenty of duties when sh'es not pregnant. why compare Letizia to other CPss when in fact we can't see the others as well. If you would just look at the thread, Letizia has plenty of accomplished duties than any CPss. I'm sure that once Letizia has given birth to her second child, she will take a break and then resume royal duties again.. after all Letizia is not the kind of woman who just shops for clothes and takes vacation all day.. this is a special situation being pregnant.. as what written by donnaK Maxima disappeared for months during her pregnancy with Amalia. If it's doctor's order, can she complain? :)

I don't think Letizia stays at home because she wants but because she has to due to a difficult pragnency. They are a lot of medical reasons to need rest during a pregnancy. I just hope it's not too hard !
She seems to be a woman who enjoyed her work when she was jornalist and who always did her "job of princess" very well and very seriously !
I just imagine her staying working at home (or in her bed if she has to stay in bed !), studyind many "dossiers" and helping her husband in his "desk work".
That's not a illness and let you being "ready to work", even if you're in bed (with a computer !!!!).

although i understand when everyone says that each pregnancy is different or that she may be having problems this time, i think a month is an awfully long period of time for a princess to be out of the spotlight, specially when she reportedly went shopping a couple of times only with her bodyguards or to milan with felipe.

i really hope she attends an audience this week with felipe.

Just becaue we don´t see her doesn´t mean she´s not working. I´m sure if she´s up to it she´s doing behind the scene work - e.g. paperwork or reading..

I don't think anybody has denied that Letizia has worked very hard when she wasn't pregnant. We all know that, but now you never get to see her in official duties and there has not been any official statement saying that the CP needs to take it easy because of doctor's orders.

What is the probleme exactly ?

If it's these of her discret life since one month, why not if the Royal House didn't has to organize something for the Princess !

Because her pregnancy the Princess can't go to shopping or for some days of vacancies with her husband?

I hope that all the women who have a penible pregnancy aren't obliged to stay at home in her bed during nine months.

Poor and dear Letizia who is condamned before to be judged at each time that it's possible to think that may be, by compairaison of the others Crown Princesses she is less active during her pregnancy.

May be we can have other terms of comparaison, if it's a good way to have some reflexions?

I can't figure out how is going to be the day when she makes her first duty afte all this time, people will get crazy.

catango said:
I can't figure out how is going to be the day when she makes her first duty afte all this time, people will get crazy.

Are people (I guess people here refers to Spanish people as she´s their CP) really crazy - or is it just us people on the forums waiting for news and pics??? I´m dying to see her again too, but to me her lack of appearance does not show a lack of work ethic etc as some others here think.

eireann said:
Are people (I guess people here refers to Spanish people as she´s their CP) really crazy - or is it just us people on the forums waiting for news and pics??? I´m dying to see her again too, but to me her lack of appearance does not show a lack of work ethic etc as some others here think.

I couldn't agree more

This does not mean I like Letizia...Promise!:) But, a friend of mine just gave birth five weeks early after two months of bed rest due to thinning cervix. Maybe Letizia is lazy or maybe she's having problems that no one knows about and is taking care of her and her baby's health. Lots of things can happen during pregnancy that require a lady to take more rest. Or, she is healthy and wants to stay home and be a housewife, who knows.

Donna B.

I'm sure there are reasons for letezia's absence from the public. All pregnancy's are not the same and you can't compare the princesses. There are women who have morning sickness for the whole nine months. Now I don't know if this is the case with Letezia but it is possible.

Princess Letizia may be absent from her Royal duties for many reasons, not of which we know (except the pregnancy, which is a good enough reason for any woman).
While we all can have our opinions, the Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia Current Events thread is no place to discuss them.

If you want to continue the discussion of Princess Letizia's pregnancy, you might want to have a look at Princess Letizia is pregnant with the second girl thread.

Thank you for co-operation,
Avalon, Spanish Forums Moderator

Last edited:
I'm sure that she will be in some act with the prince next week, just let's wait for that.

Last edited:
Thank goodness Letizia's back in public.

She is back in public for certain because people are talking about why she hasn't appear anymore. If everything is OK with her pregnancy, has she says so, she must be able to do her duties has a Princess every day, otherwise people sart to comment!!

Good to see them again!!

I hope that Letizia continue from now with her agenda

I don't like her apperance. She looks sad, I don't like these colors and she can cut a little bit her hair...I like more that Letizia of the first times ... maybe much pression?
Hope she will be better.

Pictures from today

she looks great & happy. The dress isnt really something i would like to see a princess in in public but with the coat it dresses it up which makes it look good also like the color contrast between the coat and dress. I liked her overall look.

nayralorenzo said:
I don't like her apperance. She looks sad, I don't like these colors and she can cut a little bit her hair...I like more that Letizia of the first times ... maybe much pression?
Hope she will be better.

It's strange because I don't find she is looking sad, but I'm biaised.... Very curious observation, you can don't like her outfit which is dark, but it's not because she has a dark outfit that she is sad.

I find the Princess relaxed, smiling and happy and I'm very, very happy too to see her in a good shape with her eyes allways shining and her smile so tender. No I don't think that the Princess is sad and why she would to be?

It's wonderful to see the Princess again. I agree she looks rested and very happy!!

Letizia looks so happy and smiling with her eyes shining and the prince is so proud and happy with his wife near.

yes, I told you, she was going to be, it happens, so please stop that horrible commentaries about if she wants to work or not, it is just a matter of time.

at last we can see letizia! her face look very very well and happy.
is good in her have some weith that the normal

catango said:
yes, I told you, she was going to be, it happens, so please stop that horrible commentaries about if she wants to work or not, it is just a matter of time.

Yes, Catango, you are totally right! What curious are people, when the Princess is not here it's because she is lazy, when she is here it's because she is unforced to do it because her fame can be damaged.... and what else???:lol: :ROFLMAO: :lol:

fanletizia said:
Hearing to a representation of the “Movement Climate”, the Association for the Defense of the Nature “Adena”. Palace of the Zarzuela.

http://www.20minutos.es/galeria/1973/0/1/

The Princess, embarrassed of six months, participates next to the Prince in the hearings of the Zarzuela

http://www.antena3.com/a3noticias/servlet/Noticias?destino=../a3n/noticia/noticia.jsp&sidicom=si&id=12078514

:ohmy: I think she is not embarrased. She is just pregnant of 6 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom