King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia, Current Events Part 21: May 2011 - April 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Queen Sofia doing some luxury shopping in London, mainly at Loewe, after the polemic regarding her photoshoot in Washington :whistling:
When the King had his tendon operation in the summer, Sofia wasnt by his side but shopping at Escada.

It seems that for some years now the personal relation of the Kings has become very, very strained.
La reina se fue de compras a Londres en plena polmica por la portada de Hola

I was very curious and wondering if the King would say something about all that's happening with Urdangarín and he did it... I think it was an honest speech.

I don’t understand Spanish , what did the King say exactly about Inaki ?

Thanks for the translation link-The King doesn't mention his son in law outright, but he comes awfully close!(talking about how those in public service must set good examples)

Last edited:
I don’t understand Spanish , what did the King say exactly about Inaki ?

The Google translation that lula posted is very good. He didn't mention directly Iñaki, but in minute 7,10 he says he is worried about the lack of confidence that is spreading in public opinion about some of our institutions (the Monarchy) and then he speaks about the responsabilities of public servants... He speaks for almost two minutes about this.

Thanks for the translation link-The King doesn't mention his son in law outright, but he comes awfully close!(talking about how those in public service must set good examples)

I haven't been following this; what did Inaki do?

what about the revew of the royal family for this year. i can't download from lacarta rtve???

La intenssima semana del Rey - ABC.es
The Christmas message and your call to honesty, a parliamentary standing ovation in recognition of his work and the imputation of his son, Inaki Urdangarin, closed for seven days dizzying Juan Carlos

I agree with Duke of M. in a previous thread , the Queen is an excellent Actress in her family all is always perfect
Now that the King ’s heath is not like before , I wonder if we will see him sailing again? I am sure that the daily relationship between the King and the Queen must be more difficult we saw it during the Pope ’s Visit in Spain.
Queen Sophia has one close friend her Sister Irene and perhaps Princess Tatania Radziwill,Others ??

I agree with Duke of M. in a previous thread , the Queen is an excellent Actress in her family all is always perfect
Now that the King ’s heath is not like before , I wonder if we will see him sailing again? I am sure that the daily relationship between the King and the Queen must be more difficult we saw it during the Pope ’s Visit in Spain.
Queen Sophia has one close friend her Sister Irene and perhaps Princess Tatania Radziwill,Others ??

Why do you call Sofia's public demeanor acting? I call it professional and very regal without being standoffish. Most everyone has a professional or public persona and a private one. Why should royalty be any different. The last time I checked, they are human beings just like all of us.

I met a Spanish couple yesterday who wanted directions somewhere. We got talking and I mentioned the health of the King. They said all was well, but not sure how true it was and how his health really is.

They said his son was tired of waiting and wanted to be King now as he felt he was getting older and he wanted to take over from his father now.
They never mentioned his young wife at all so dont know their views on L?

Tunez.jpg

Suecia.jpg

Pakistan.jpg

Andorra.jpg

Rumania.jpg

Ecuador.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom